Belle/Aden

Cal

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the scene where she told everyone. That scene was done really well. I had to smile when Annie thought she might be pregnant. That girl is just too cute at times. I felt sad for Belle but I liked the different reactions we got from Irene, Annie, and Geoff. Also the part where Belle couldn't go on and Aden had to tell them the rest. I haven't found Lincoln to be a very good actor for long time now but even he managed to impress me as well here. It was a great scene and I was happy with the way it played out.

I enjoyed the Aden and Belle scenes alone as well. Especially that small scene with them when they first arrived back.

I loved the scene between Belle and Irene at the end and Aden in the background. The only thing that I was a bit dissappointed about is that we didn't get to see Irene tell the others.

I haven't commented on last week's episodes but to be honest apart from a couple of great moments I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping to.

I'm still not sure what's Nicole's logic behind deciding not to go to the wedding was. Since it seems like she wasn't actually planning on telling him anyway. If she was doing it because she thought it's what's best for him then I'm not getting it. He was still going to get married and the only difference is his friend who was meant to be his "bestman" has suddenly decided she doesn't want to go to the wedding and doesn't really want to say why. How is that in his best interest?

The wedding was really nice. A bit too short but I didn't mind that too much. I would have however liked to have seen Aden saying his vows. Considering the circumstances I think it would have made a great scene. I loved the fact that it was Roman's letter that helped him decide whether he could do this. The letter itself was sweet and the fact that we got it in the form of a voiceover made it even better.

I think Nicole wasn't going to the wedding because she felt bad letting Aden marry Belle when he didn't know she was dieing. Nicole felt like she was betraying him and didn't agree with what Belle was doing and thats why she wasn't going. She thought Aden deserved to know. I'm not really a fan of Aden and Belle but this recent storyline has been really good. They've done really well and I know it's going to be really sad.

I think Nicole wasn't going to the wedding because she felt bad letting Aden marry Belle when he didn't know she was dieing. Nicole felt like she was betraying him and didn't agree with what Belle was doing and thats why she wasn't going. She thought Aden deserved to know.

That's kinda my point. Before he knew her reasons, he was still going to be marrying someone while being in the dark about what's truly going on with her since Nicole didn't actually plan on telling him the truth but the only thing he did know is that his so called best friend, as they've been trying to say she is, who was also going to be his "bestman" has suddenly decided she's not coming to his wedding and not telling him why. Rather then doing what's best for him, it feels, to me, like Nicole was doing what she did because she believed it was the right thing to do. Or maybe because she thinks she's doing right by Aden by not going. Either way I just don't see how the way she was planning on handling this was in his best interest.

Edited by Jody

While Monday's episode was a hit Friday's was defintely another miss.

Aden and Gibsy - With only a few days left, do we really need most of Aden scenes to be about this? Getting Aden involved in this already dreadful storyline is bad enough but to have it happen now when that time could be spent on scenes focusing on the Belle storyline, especially with how little time there is left, makes it even worse.

Irene/Leah/Diner scene - What was that? Yeah they were fussing over her but it just didn't feel like anything much. I didn't see any emotion behind it. They may as well been fussing over someone they barely know who's in a bad way or something.

Nicole and Belle - The first scene was fine. Infact that's what Nicole's place in this storyline should have been like. Offerring some support and helping out at times because of her connection to Aden. Aden asking her to go check up on Belle from time to time since he had to work. I could buy that. The stuff between Nicole and Belle in the diner was fine. And that's where it should have ended. After that they seemed to fall back into that forced friendship territory again. And it once again just started to feel like one big joke. If I wasn't so frustrated that they were resorting to this again I might have laughed at Belle comment about Nicole being a great friend. Is offerring to fix up someones wedding dress, walking them to a diner and then to the beach all it takes to be seen as a great friend nowadays? They managed to take it to a whole new level of cheesiness with the constant handholding, in those times when it wasn't nessecary, throughout the episode. As for Belle asking Nicole to take care of Aden when she's gone, are we meant to feel confident about Nicole's abilty to do that? She has proved time and time again that that she can barely take care of herself. Even now, it took her all of a few days of knowing Belle's secret before she started "self-destructing". It would have been much more touching, and far more believable, to see Belle ask Irene to do this. As well as seeing Irene's reaction to her words about not having enough time left.

A few lines from Belle and that last scene saved this episode for me. Well maybe not saved it but it was enough to make it feel like it wasn't a complete waste of time. That last scene with Aden and Belle was done really well.

Edited by Jody

While Monday's episode was a hit Friday's was defintely another miss.

Aden and Gibsy - With only a few days left, do we really need most of Aden scenes to be about this? Getting Aden involved in this already dreadful storyline is bad enough but to have it happen now when that time could be spent on scenes focusing on the Belle storyline, especially with how little time there is left, makes it even worse.

Irene/Leah/Diner scene - What was that? Yeah they were fussing over her but it just didn't feel like anything much. I didn't see any emotion behind it. They may as well been fussing over someone they barely know who's in a bad way or something.

Nicole and Belle - The first scene was fine. Infact that's what Nicole's place in this storyline should have been like. Offerring some support and helping out at times because of her connection to Aden. Aden asking her to go check up on Belle from time to time since he had to work. I could buy that. The stuff between Nicole and Belle in the diner was fine. And that's where it should have ended. After that they seemed to fall back into that forced friendship territory again. And it once again just started to feel like one big joke. If I wasn't so frustrated that they were resorting to this again I might have laughed at Belle comment about Nicole being a great friend. Is offerring to fix up someones wedding dress, walking them to a diner and then to the beach all it takes to be seen as a great friend nowadays? They managed to take it to a whole new level of cheesiness with the constant handholding, in those times when it wasn't nessecary, throughout the episode. As for Belle asking Nicole to take care of Aden when she's gone, are we meant to feel confident about Nicole's abilty to do that? She has proved time and time again that that she can barely take care of herself. Even now, it took her all of a few days of knowing Belle's secret before she started "self-destructing". It would have been much more touching, and far more believable, to see Belle ask Irene to do this. As well as seeing Irene's reaction to her words about not having enough time left.

A few lines from Belle and that last scene saved this episode for me. Well maybe not saved it but it was enough to make it feel like it wasn't a complete waste of time. That last scene with Aden and Belle was done really well.

That was sad

I am seriously balling my eyes out right now, that episode was so sad, but then I just watched the sneap peak for tomorrow night and now I cant stop crying.

Am deffinately making av's when I get this episode, I love your Belle Taylor.

But what really made me start, when Aden woke up and found Belle was gone, that was heart breaking all by itself *sob*

Bec come on the adelle forum!!! I'm crying too. The writers did an excellent job tonight, although they could have added a few more scenes in (conversations with Belle/Liam, Annie/Belle and Nicole/Belle) but other than that great job!!!

Thank you for adding the flashback in the ep tonight - it was perfect.

Bec I can't wait to see your avatars!!!

Edited by Lily-G

Oh my goodness I don't think I've ever cried so hard over a t.v character's death. That was incredibly heartbreaking.

I think we were really lucky to have Belle and Aden as a couple on the show. My favourite television couple hands down.

But oh gosh that was so awful when Aden woke up and realised she was dead! I'm still crying now, almost an hour after it happened. Jeez, I get too attatched to tv characters but oh well. It was really sad. All the flashbacks were cute too. I'm glad the writers thought to put them in, especially the first window scene. I can't believe he's never going to be able to do that again! Actually, I think it'd be really sad yet adorable if Aden sneaked through the window one day just to sit in her room and remember her. That would be incredibly bittersweet in my opinion.

I am a little disappointed that they didn't show any other clips of Belle though. Maybe at the funeral with the others reminicing? She did have other storylines way back before Aden although he was the most memorable of course. I'd like to see how much she grew over her time in Summer Bay...

Okay, rant over. Also can anyone link me to the Belle/Aden forum? :)