Belle/Aden

Cal

The wedding... I wanted MORE!how come J&M, T&R get whole weddings with a reception, brides entrance, really long romantic vows.I feel cheated

I agree with you 200%!!! That was the shortest wedding in history. I didn't have the chance to cry. The wedding had so much more potential. I was shattered when I watched it.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I presume it was short because the wedding and marriage isn't actually their story as such, i.e. it is just a part of the whole

Belle dying

storyline. Jack and Martha's second wedding was a bit of cheat for fans too, but again that was because their storyline at the time wasn't about them getting married, but that just formed a part of her cancer and having Roman's baby etc. In other words the wedding was purely just to add to the tragedy of their storyline, not about the wedding and marriage as a stand alone thing.

Edited by Mistified

^ I presume it was short because the wedding and marriage isn't actually their story as such, i.e. it is just a part of the whole

Belle dying

storyline. Jack and Martha's second wedding was a bit of cheat for fans too, but again that was because their storyline at the time wasn't about them getting married, but that just formed a part of her cancer and having Roman's baby etc. In other words the wedding was purely just to add to the tragedy of their storyline, not about the wedding and marriage as a stand alone thing.

Agreed. I don't even think they would have gotten married just now if it was for the fact she's

dying

. The wedding was part of a storyline and is probably just there to make it all the more sad.

I feel a bit cheated that we never got to see Belle or Aden find out. I would have loved if they had both found out at the same time but at least, I would have liked to have seen the actual revelation. Maybe when they tell everyone else it'll make up for it but I'm not getting my hopes up. I just wish they'd taken it down a different road.

Also, I completely get why Belle didn't want to tell him

about the cancer

but it just doesn't sit right with me. I suppose it all comes back to me feeling a little cheated by the whole storyline but I wish she'd been up front with him from the moment she thought something was wrong. I would have loved to see them cope with it as a couple and keep things from each other.

You know if you think about it Belle has been really brave so far before she told Aden she managed to put on a brave face but then again she could have been in denial still I think she has a lot of courage (attending appointments and hearing her results). You can see how much Belle wants to protect the ones she loves like Aden, Irene, Annie and her mother. I don't think its selfish for wanting to spare people from getting hurt. I'm sure Belle knew eventually she would have to tell people but I think Belle thought it was best to tell them later rather than sooner.

I actually quite enjoyed the fact that the Adelle wedding was kept short, but for entirely the wrong reasons - it was mostly because I knew logging on here, that quite a few people would be saying stuff like "oh typical yet MORE drawn out Adelle scenes" and "oh great, MORE adelle crying blah blah blah get over it" - so, whilst watching it, I enjoyed what they showed us, and at the same time thought, "phew, I can log on BTTB to discuss it now, and not see my favourite couple get flamed for their on-screen time" <-- pathetic, eyh?

Especially thought the scene of Aden in Nicole's arms was heartbreaking, and excellently done; short and to the point really gave us his impact rather than drawing that one out.

Aden looking in on Belle through the window, was kind of spooky, but I'd read a review on here first so I knew what to expect; think I'd have jumped otherwise. I have this 'thing' about people watching others through windows :o But yeah, and then when she turned - so sad.

Personally, I like how the writers are handling the storyline and building up to the climax of her ending...

When I saw that the storyline was starting, I thought that they'd left themselves time to develop it properly and explore it in full.But instead we got weeks of Belle keeping it to herself so we didn't get any reaction from anyone, including her(because if she hadn't gone all stiff upper lip people would have noticed something was up),

and then she dies a week after everyone finds out

.I think they should have dropped the whole wedding storyline, which only seems to be there for the sake of it, and used the time to properly show everyone's reaction to the news and them supporting Belle and making the most of the time they had left with her.Or if they did insist on doing it, it should have been about Belle and Aden making the decision together and all her loved ones rallying round to make it a proper celebration of her life and their relationship, rather than her rushing it through on her own and Aden just shrugging his shoulders and going "Okay, if that's what you want."

I believe that whether Belle was dying or not they'd still get married ^_^

I do agree we should have gotten scenes with everyones reaction to the news - that way we could have seen different points of views and how it affected everyone.

I really wish Nicole didn't tell Aden, I wanted Belle to be the one who told him <_< but in saying that I'm glad it was Nicole who caught her with the pills.

I loved how Aden watched Belle, its like he wanted to make sure she was alright :wub: I only wish he climbed through the window

Same here I loved that scene and it made me feel sad cos you just think its been a whole year since he was doing things like that, windows will always remind me of them now lol!

It was nice that they put it in cos it was last summer they were going through a lot of things and now the same is happening again