Belle/Aden

Cal

Aden was a lot funnier during the small scene with Tony in Friday's episode then Thursday's. Felt a little less forced. Liked his "Alfie" comment as well as the tone he used when he said "I'm getting married'.

The scene between Belle and Aden after she arrived home was so sad to watch. It's no wonder though that she is so determined to to make their wedding day as great as she can for him. Her comment to Nicole about trying to make this a day "he'll be able to look back on" was really good.

It's was stressed so many time this episode about Nicole and Aden have been through so much together. What hard times has Nicole ever got him through? But more importantly, what exactly have they (Aden and Nic) been through together? All I can think of is when Roman was blind. And then it took barely two days of going through that before they, instead of helping each other through it by staying strong and being there for one another, started dragging each other down by doing things that were making each other feel worse with feelings of guilt, shame and for Aden like he was betraying the man who's done nothing but be there for him, hurting the people around them and complicating their lives further. Yeah, clearly thats a sign of a strong friendship :rolleyes: Although from the way the writers were pushing this and trying to lay it on thick in this episode, especially in that scene with Belle and Nicole when talking about the dress, I guess it's saying something they feel they have to do that.

Edited by Jody

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's was stressed so many time this episode about Nicole and Aden have been through so much together. What hard times has Nicole ever got him through? But more importantly, what exactly have they (Aden and Nic) been through together? All I can think of is when Roman was blind. And then it took barely two days of going through that before they, instead of helping each other through it by staying strong and being there for one another, started dragging each other down by doing things that were making each other feel worse with feelings of guilt, shame and for Aden like he was betraying the man who's done nothing but be there for him, hurting the people around them and complicating their lives further. Yeah, clearly thats a sign of a strong friendship :rolleyes: Although from the way the writers were pushing this and trying to lay it on thick in this episode, especially in that scene with Belle and Nicole when talking about the dress, I guess it's saying something they feel they have to do that.

Oh, I know I'm going to do a really bad job of arguing this point and it's probably off topic anyway but here goes.The curious thing about Aden and Nicole's friendship is that, at least until very recently, it's always seemed pretty one-sided.If you think about everything Aden's been through, Nicole's almost always been close at hand.You could argue she's had an ulterior motive sometimes, you could argue she's not very good at helping him, but she's always been there.She went to the hospital to support him when his father was injured and went looking for him when he went out and got drunk.She did a food run for him when he was looking after his father(although she may not have made it there...). She went to see him at the clinic.She took him out for the day when he got out:It was wrong and Roman rightly hauled them both over the coals but she was doing her best to be a good friend to him. She supported him all the way through the court case, handled the news of his abuse maturely and was the one that he went away with to clear his head afterwards.She encouraged him to make up with Belle and was vocal in her support of them when it all came out(I didn't agree with her but she did it). She tried to get him to go to uni, even going as far as submitting the application for him:Again, he didn't exactly appreciate her efforts but she was doing what she thought was right for him.She was the one who had enough respect for him to tell him about Belle's addiction and she was the one who persuaded him to go back to her when he initially felt he couldn't handle it.Even after they'd slept together, she was encouraging him to go and see her in rehab instead of cutting her out.And she was the one he went to for help when he was planning to propose.

When you think about Aden being there for Nicole...hmm.She has confided in him about her relationship with Geoff in the past but half the time he doesn't seem to have been interested.We didn't get a single scene or line of him checking she was all right after her experiences with Elliot and Derrick. (Okay, he had his own problems the first time round but she went to see him...)More recently, in her experiences with Trey:I'm watching at UK pace so I don't know if there was anything after the bus incident but he was right there when the sex tape was played and didn't seem to make any effort to see if she was all right.Which is why I was glad when we had that little scene when Roman was blind when they're at his bed and he put his arm round her because it shows he is there for her, we just never see it.And when she confided in him about how tough things are with Gardy.I think the apparent imbalance is probably because while Nicole often seems to have other people around her(Roman, Geoff and recently Miles, Ruby and Jai), Aden usually only talks to her or Belle so if he's got a problem with his relationship she's the only one for him to talk to about it.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything significant about them needing to "lay it on thick".I have the same reaction every time a character starts talking about how perfect Aden and Belle are for each other.I think it's just a case of us not liking the show telling us something that conflicts with how we see the characters.

Oh, I know I'm going to do a really bad job of arguing this point and it's probably off topic anyway but here goes.The curious thing about Aden and Nicole's friendship is that, at least until very recently, it's always seemed pretty one-sided.If you think about everything Aden's been through, Nicole's almost always been close at hand.You could argue she's had an ulterior motive sometimes, you could argue she's not very good at helping him, but she's always been there.She went to the hospital to support him when his father was injured and went looking for him when he went out and got drunk.She did a food run for him when he was looking after his father(although she may not have made it there...). She went to see him at the clinic.She took him out for the day when he got out:It was wrong and Roman rightly hauled them both over the coals but she was doing her best to be a good friend to him. - She supported him all the way through the court case, handled the news of his abuse maturely and was the one that he went away with to clear his head afterwards.She encouraged him to make up with Belle and was vocal in her support of them when it all came out(I didn't agree with her but she did it). She tried to get him to go to uni, even going as far as submitting the application for him:Again, he didn't exactly appreciate her efforts but she was doing what she thought was right for him. - She was the one who had enough respect for him to tell him about Belle's addiction and she was the one who persuaded him to go back to her when he initially felt he couldn't handle it. - Even after they'd slept together, she was encouraging him to go and see her in rehab instead of cutting her out. - And she was the one he went to for help when he was planning to propose.

I never said that I didn't think they were friends. I just believe they are the kind of friends who you have a laugh with or offers some nice words at times when you're not feeling good. But not the kind you turn to for help when things get tough. It's nice when you have a friend that you can do both with but nothing so far as proved, to me, that they fall in that catergory. And in this above paragraph I think you pointed quite a few of the reasons I think so. So I'll just go through some of them from top to bottom.

1. I'm not saying she didn't care for him but if his wellbeing was her first priority then she would have went straight to him when she first arrived at the hospital instead of getting catty with Belle. Has for going after him, going from all that was said, that was more about her then whats best for him.

2. Trying to get back into his good graces. Infact most of her actions was about that at the time. That and jealousy because he found someone who he liked spending time with.

3. The ditching schoolstuff is further indication what type of friendship they have. Wanting to cheer him up is one thing but a good friend is one that knows when it's time to draw the line. What Aden did was wrong and he needed to face up to the that. This wasn't doing him any good. And if you notice when they cut to his face at the surfclub after Nicole has left (after the pool stuff) it clearly shows Aden not looking to proud of himself either.

4. How else would she react? :unsure: I'm not sure her reaction was any different then it would have been to finding out about anyone she knows being abused. As for the camping trip this implies that she sat with him planning how to celebrate if he got cleared of trying to kill his father and keeping 3 people hostage. Different case if after the trial he decided to go away for a few nights to clear his head and invited her along, that would be understandable. I was actually very dissappointed in Aden's character there.

5. Wanting him go to uni was fine. Hell, I wanted that. But not respecting his wishes and then going further by inferring with his job is another thing. He didn't need that kind of stress on top off all the stuff that was happening at the time. She doesn't have to agree with his decision but she needs to atleast respect the fact that it's his decision to make.

6. She didn't tell him about the drugs straight away. She only told him after seeing the necklace she bought in the pawnshop, and who exactly in that circumstances wouldn't do the same? I don't think it had anything to do with respect but rather doing what any normal person might do in that situation. As for her advice about going back to her, I didn't actually agree with it. He was wrong to walk out on her but I didn't want him going back for the reasons Nicole gave. Her's was basically "if you don't she might never forgive you". Theres so many reasons he should go back but to do so because she might never take him back if he didn't should be very low on that list. But not surprising advice coming from her.

7. The after they slept together part, I think you glossed over quite a bit there. Like when he got kicked out, rather then trying to salvage the situation by apologising to Roman and hoping he'd let Aden back, she seemed more concerned with the fact that it means her sex-buddy was gone. And then the moment she got hold of him, it didn't matter that the girl he loved walked in on them and he is now facing loosig her for good, her first and only thought was about picking up where they left of. That doesn't seem like much about his well being coming first. It was only after she found Trey and was happy again that she was suddenly able to be "there as a friend" again. Which is one of the many examples of how she only seems to be able to be there for someone when it things are going well for her.

8. He just wanted help picking out a ring. Who else is he going to go to?

When you think about Aden being there for Nicole...hmm.She has confided in him about her relationship with Geoff in the past but half the time he doesn't seem to have been interested.We didn't get a single scene or line of him checking she was all right after her experiences with Elliot and Derrick. (Okay, he had his own problems the first time round but she went to see him...)More recently, in her experiences with Trey:I'm watching at UK pace so I don't know if there was anything after the bus incident but he was right there when the sex tape was played and didn't seem to make any effort to see if she was all right.Which is why I was glad when we had that little scene when Roman was blind when they're at his bed and he put his arm round her because it shows he is there for her, we just never see it.And when she confided in him about how tough things are with Gardy.I think the apparent imbalance is probably because while Nicole often seems to have other people around her(Roman, Geoff and recently Miles, Ruby and Jai), Aden usually only talks to her or Belle so if he's got a problem with his relationship she's the only one for him to talk to about it.

I'm defintely with you here. We hardly ever see him truly showing much interest in her life, except for afew accasions recently so when Nicole says something like "I only trust a few people and he is one of them" I find it hard to buy. Where exactly does this trust in him come from? All their expierances together, to me most of those don't inspire much trust.

Anyway, I don't think there's anything significant about them needing to "lay it on thick".I have the same reaction every time a character starts talking about how perfect Aden and Belle are for each other.I think it's just a case of us not liking the show telling us something that conflicts with how we see the characters.

With Aden and Nicole's friendship, what their implying I don't see. It's not a case of seeing scenes with it but not really buying into it (like Geoff/Nic being in love). But more to the point that I haven't seen any actually scene that supports what they are going for.

And thats it for me. I think we just see this really diferently so it's best to leave it at that. And honestly having to discuss Nicole more then I have to, which I now have to do since they decided to slot her into another storyline with them :angry:, is something I'd rather avoid. :wink:

Edited by Jody

7. The after they slept together part, I think you glossed over quite a bit there. Like when he got kicked out, rather then trying to salvage the situation by apologising to Roman and hoping he'd let Aden back, she seemed more concerned with the fact that it means her sex-buddy was gone. And then the moment she got hold of him, it didn't matter that the girl he loved walked in on them and he is now facing loosig her for good, her first and only thought was about picking up where they left of. That doesn't seem like much about his well being coming first. It was only after she found Trey and was happy again that she was suddenly able to be "there as a friend" again. Which is one of the many examples of how she only seems to be able to be there for someone when it things are going well for her.

I accepted most of your points even when I didn't agree with some of them but I'm not sure about some of this. After they first slept together, Nicole wanted to tell Roman and sort things out but Aden was just burying his head in the sand.Then as I pointed out before she tried to encourage him to make things up with Belle.It wasn't until after the second time that she thought that there was maybe a reason for it and started actively pursuing him.When she found out Roman was kicking Aden out, she seemed horrified and not just because it meant she didn't have sex on tap anymore(as you observed, she soon found a way around that one).She told Roman that she was the one who had initiated the encounter and that he should kick her out if he wanted to get rid of anyone.Then she tried to stop Aden leaving but he told her it was all right.Maybe a different approach would have worked better but I think she did try her best to help him.And although I didn't look into it too deeply, I don't think everything was going well for her the next time we saw her with Aden when she was giving him advice on Belle and Liam, despite Trey being there.Gardy was still around and Roman was still blind.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

True True ^^

Hopefully when people get told then Irene will say something like "How, why didn't they pick it up sooner so we could fight it??"

& Belle will give a good answer to explain that to us.. maybe..

The wedding... I wanted MORE!how come J&M, T&R get whole weddings with a reception, brides entrance, really long romantic vows.I feel cheated. But, like said before. What we did get was beautiful!

I feel as if Aden should have said something like this in his vows... "I stand here today, knowing everything about you, knowing all your secrets, but I know that marrying you will be the best thing I have ever done. I love you Belle, and I know evrything we will face we will do hand in hand, side by side as husband & wife. I love you, I will always love you, that love will never die."

& I am outraged that Charlie & Angelo mussled in on it! :(