Quick Questions

emmauk06

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Nick Freedman quit as he didn't want to be a long termer and wanted to concentrate on his music (was in a band called Lurch before H&A) and also secured Pantomime work in the UK, plus he couldn't deal with the fan attention so cut his hair. Plus he and Isla didn't see eye-to-eye and basically trashed her in interviews.

Dee Smart got into it with the producers (She had had enough) and that was that and it was like Lucinda ever existed after that aside from the Episode 4000 montage where she's in archive clip of Ep 1030 with Fin and Soph, where the latter has just birthed Tamara.

As for Damian, I dunno. Maybe because Matr was leaving and the writers didn't see the sense in investing in a pairing for him that played 3rd fiddle to Shane/Angel and Sarah/Tug (they were done at that point but the attraction was still there and they got their happily ever after). I guess he was supposed to be unlucky in love ala Brett Stark from Neighbours (who in a recent update eventually got married).

The only thing Damo is married is to the church according to Irene in recent years. He stuck with the Priest thing and eventually moved to Kiwiland.

Yeah, "unlucky in love" yeh that'd be right. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

It would be interesting to hear from Dan F why Lucinda Croft's and Alex Bennett's profiles are "unclickable", I mean when you go to the main site, under "Characters" and look up those names. Most of them you can click on, but with them their faces are replaced by "generic" heads and nothing happens when you try to click on them (like is it my browser or my computer or faulty mouse?)

Edited by Old H&A Fan
Quoting Captain Hulk

8 minutes ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Yeah, "unlucky in love" yeh that'd be right. 🙄🙄🙄🙄

It would be interesting to hear from Dan F why Lucinda Croft's and Alex Bennett's profiles are "unclickable", I mean when you go to the main site, under "Characters" and look up those names. Most of them you can click on, but with them their faces are replaced by "generic" heads and nothing happens when you try to click on them (like is it my browser or my computer or faulty mouse?)

No conspiracy behind it due to the nature of their departures, it's just because they're awaiting profiles (and we've not got around to adding pics yet). I believe there's five in total, with Grant, Simon and Haydn being the others.

It was decided to add placeholders for those remaining regular characters into the section not too long ago for logistical reasons, as we need all regulars available for selection in the database as we fill out our episode cast lists.

• Like 1

^ And tbf, the ones listed really didn't stick around that long a year max in initial stints (Richard Norton seems to be cursed in that respect, He was equally forgettable as Ryan McLachlan in Neighbours as he was Simon Fitzgerald! Both were basically peripheral others' stories and not really having footholds of their own save 1-2 stories)

I think of all them Grant appeared the most and had the most potential but Craig's star power didn't really transfer over despite his conscious attempts to distinguish Grant from Henry.

Edited by CaptainHulk

From what I understand, Craig was poached from Neighbours, so it's interesting he didn't stay. I guess these days the show would sign actors on for 3 years, but Craig probably had the negotiating power if he was poached.

Were contracts generally shorter in the early days? The majority of the original cast were gone in less than 3 years, and then we had a number of regulars like Viv, Emma, Karen, Ryan, Haydn etc. that didn't stay long. It would make sense, since no one could have predicted how long the show would last. 

Edited by adam436

On 02/04/2024 at 15:41, CaptainHulk said:

^ And tbf, the ones listed really didn't stick around that long a year max in initial stints (Richard Norton seems to be cursed in that respect, He was equally forgettable as Ryan McLachlan in Neighbours as he was Simon Fitzgerald! Both were basically peripheral others' stories and not really having footholds of their own save 1-2 stories)

I think of all them Grant appeared the most and had the most potential but Craig's star power didn't really transfer over despite his conscious attempts to distinguish Grant from Henry.

Personally, I find Craig the most nauseating of performers to have to watch. He takes over (negatively for me) every scene that he appears in and does this annoying thing where he laughs for no reason - it's like he's ad libbing where the scene doesn't call for it. Overactor. I wasn't sorry to see the back of Grant (nor of Henry). 

Mouche gave a UK interview in 91 where she essentially said he was a diva to work with. I'll dig it out from BNA when I have time. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, nenehcherry2 said:

Personally, I find Craig the most nauseating of performers to have to watch. He takes over (negatively for me) every scene that he appears in and does this annoying thing where he laughs for no reason - it's like he's ad libbing where the scene doesn't call for it. Overactor. I wasn't sorry to see the back of Grant (nor of Henry). 

Mouche gave a UK interview in 91 where she essentially said he was a diva to work with. I'll dig it out from BNA when I have time. 

He did me a favour by leaving cause now we get Patricia Coleman 😉 

• Like 1

On 07/04/2024 at 21:13, adam436 said:

From what I understand, Craig was poached from Neighbours, so it's interesting he didn't stay. I guess these days the show would sign actors on for 3 years, but Craig probably had the negotiating power if he was poached.

Were contracts generally shorter in the early days? The majority of the original cast were gone in less than 3 years, and then we had a number of regulars like Viv, Emma, Karen, Ryan, Haydn etc. that didn't stay long. It would make sense, since no one could have predicted how long the show would last. 

Tbf, they were keen to get Alistair to stick around as Ryan for a little while as he was pretty popular on and off screen with the girls. 

It's documented Mouche had enough, Dannii wanted to show the world her sister wasn't the only Minogue who could have a recording career,  Belinda's attitude became a problem by her own admission, Andrew/Charlton fell behind on College and he had to give the role the boot.

1 hour ago, nenehcherry2 said:

Sadly only for a few weeks 😢

Her and Don had AMAZING chemistry. Such a missed opportunity 

They had *that* moment and were interrupted, unfortunately.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nenehcherry2 said:

Sadly only for a few weeks 😢

Her and Don had AMAZING chemistry. Such a missed opportunity 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. She was a better match for Donald than Marilyn or June, and was a potentially interesting character. Wouldn't it have been great if they'd brought her back years later, even if it was only as Norman's exit storyline. 

3 hours ago, nenehcherry2 said:

I once stumbled across an old British TV show on YouTube where they went behind the scenes on H&A. I only remember Craig messing around on the beach between takes, and the narrator saying that the crew looked fed up with his "hilarity". That was also the era where he was trying to be a pop star, so he was never going to stick around.

They gave Andrew/Charlton Hill two substantial storylines when he returned as a guest later on. That's usually a sign that the actor left on good terms and that they're still willing to give them something to do. 

Even though I've read about Belinda Jarrett's attitude being a problem, they still brought her back for Les Dean's exit and kept her for more than 5 minutes.