Quick Questions

emmauk06

11 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Why is Sophie's baby "Tamara Simpson" credited to 2 people (Emily and Chloe), and why are their last names not mentioned in the closing credits?

I assume the role was played by a pair of twins, standard practice with a character that age because of restrictions on how long an infant can work and the chances of one of them misbehaving when it's time to do a take. (These days, NSW child labour laws have been tightened up so much that there seem to be dozens of different babies playing infant characters!) The lack of a surname is a bit more of a puzzler: Maybe their parents wanted privacy so asked for their surname to be left off?

14 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Why is Sophie's baby "Tamara Simpson" credited to 2 people (Emily and Chloe), and why are their last names not mentioned in the closing credits?

The Hutton Sisters played her.

As Red said, it's common practice to have multiple babies play an infant (Olivia and VJ for examples)

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I assume the role was played by a pair of twins, standard practice with a character that age because of restrictions on how long an infant can work and the chances of one of them misbehaving when it's time to do a take. (These days, NSW child labour laws have been tightened up so much that there seem to be dozens of different babies playing infant characters!) The lack of a surname is a bit more of a puzzler: Maybe their parents wanted privacy so asked for their surname to be left off?

Surnames were revealed later on.

1 hour ago, nenehcherry2 said:

Did anyone else notice that Bobby referred to herself as "Bobby Fisher" a couple of times in circa 90/1 but then seemingly went back to Simpson for a while before marrying Greg.

Did I imagine this?

No you didn't. Somebody referred to her as such when looking for her and nobody bothered to correct them.

I think it was that gap after Frank and before Chris

Does anyone know why Rob Storey departed the way he did? Did the actor have to leave suddenly for personal reasons or was there a behind the scenes story? 

In some ways it feels like Rob's departure was planned with him gradually phased out in his last few weeks with him losing ties to most of the cast - he quit teaching, he moved out Irene's house and his friendship with Donna broke down, but it was an odd move to have his actual exit non-existent. Every character usually at least have a final scene or proper exit, even if it's rushed in the space of an episode or two. 

The only other time I recall this happening with a regular character was Matt Wilson. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, adam436 said:

Does anyone know why Rob Storey departed the way he did? Did the actor have to leave suddenly for personal reasons or was there a behind the scenes story? 

In some ways it feels like Rob's departure was planned with him gradually phased out in his last few weeks with him losing ties to most of the cast - he quit teaching, he moved out Irene's house and his friendship with Donna broke down, but it was an odd move to have his actual exit non-existent. Every character usually at least have a final scene or proper exit, even if it's rushed in the space of an episode or two. 

The only other time I recall this happening with a regular character was Matt Wilson. 

I read Matthew Lilley left as his wife had recently given birth.

They pretended Rob was still around for about 4yrs though.

• Like 2

Nick's departure was pretty lame too, especially given Bruce's 3 years service. He even commented on it in a British press article. I believe the circumstances were that he'd given notice to July (he was moving to the UK to be with his girlfriend) but they just let him go earlier with little explanation as to why. On-screen, he stops appearing after the boatshed auction and Shane confirms that he's overseas a few eps later. But no build up beforehand.

Saying that, all the 94 departure stories bar Adam's were dull. Characters deciding to leave an ep or two before final appearances. Albeit, they mostly had some kind of leaving scene. 

Edited by nenehcherry2
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

I read Matthew Lilley left as his wife had recently given birth.

They pretended Rob was still around for about 4yrs though.

It was still a bit odd to disappear Rob in the way they did. We know that the boat shed wasn't doing well and that Rob moved into it to save money. It wouldn't have been that big a leap for him to say he was selling it and moving elsewhere. I don't believe Matthew Lilley ever came back as a guest, unlike Greg Benson who was the other sudden disappearer. 

Fin's leaving episode had an "out with the trash" feeling to it. She got a letter offering her a place on a course at the beginning of her final episode and by the end, she was gone. Waved off by some of her favourite people including Shane Parrish and Donald Fisher. No sign of Damien or Pippa, who you'd think would care that she was leaving. 

Edited by cymbaline

2 hours ago, cymbaline said:

It was still a bit odd to disappear Rob in the way they did. We know that the boat shed wasn't doing well and that Rob moved into it to save money. It wouldn't have been that big a leap for him to say he was selling it and moving elsewhere. I don't believe Matthew Lilley ever came back as a guest, unlike Greg Benson who was the other sudden disappearer. 

Fin's leaving episode had an "out with the trash" feeling to it. She got a letter offering her a place on a course at the beginning of her final episode and by the end, she was gone. Waved off by some of her favourite people including Shane Parrish and Donald Fisher. No sign of Damien or Pippa, who you'd think would care that she was leaving. 

Fin's was awful. So sad, pretty much fitting with her entire random, dead wood existence in the final half of her stint. 

• Haha 1

With Fin's exit, it was almost as if somebody from higher up did a stock-take and noticed that she was still there. She was emblematic of what happens when a teenage character finishes school and has nowhere to go. I think they should've had her leave with Haydn when he decided to skip town for the 2nd time. That would've added some spice to proceedings.

• Haha 1