Quick Questions

emmauk06

On 07/03/2024 at 12:15, Old H&A Fan said:

Has anyone else noticed Ryan's car had NSW numberplates even though he was supposed to be a visitor from Perth?

I wonder did they ever use false numberplates for the vehicles the various characters drove?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2024 at 10:51, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

Did the walls of the sets ever wobble when a character was run into them? Or was that a Prisoner-only thing?

That was Crossroads and Neighbours, to a degree.

H&A probably did but it's likely on their blooper reels

I thought somebody knew something about why Lucinda Croft and Alex Bennett left the show in 1992 and 1996?

Anyway. My next question is:

Why didn't the writers pair Damian up with any girl in a successful relationship (other than the very temporary affair with Selina)?

Edited by Old H&A Fan

Is there any great mystery as to why either left? Dee Smart was openly critical of her character and life on the show while she was still on it. I don't blame her because Lucinda turned into little more than the centre of a tedious love triangle. It may have suited both parties for her to leave early. Nick Freedman doesn't seem to have enjoyed his time there either and sounds like he was bit too far up his own backside.

I don't believe I've ever seen an explanation for the Damian question. My guess is that after they paired him up with Shane they decided to amp up the nerdy best friend side of things. Then when Shane & Angel came about, that relationship all but cannibalised the show. Come to think of it, Finlay never had any relationships of note. There was that brief fling with the bad boy who annoyed Michael, her dalliance with Haydn and then that ridiculous final fling with Blake. 

16 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

I thought somebody knew something about why Lucinda Croft and Alex Bennett left the show in 1992 and 1996?

Anyway. My next question is:

Why didn't the writers pair Damian up with any girl in a successful relationship (other than the very temporary affair with Selina)?

Nick Freedman quit as he didn't want to be a long termer and wanted to concentrate on his music (was in a band called Lurch before H&A) and also secured Pantomime work in the UK, plus he couldn't deal with the fan attention so cut his hair. Plus he and Isla didn't see eye-to-eye and basically trashed her in interviews.

Dee Smart got into it with the producers (She had had enough) and that was that and it was like Lucinda ever existed after that aside from the Episode 4000 montage where she's in archive clip of Ep 1030 with Fin and Soph, where the latter has just birthed Tamara.

As for Damian, I dunno. Maybe because Matr was leaving and the writers didn't see the sense in investing in a pairing for him that played 3rd fiddle to Shane/Angel and Sarah/Tug (they were done at that point but the attraction was still there and they got their happily ever after). I guess he was supposed to be unlucky in love ala Brett Stark from Neighbours (who in a recent update eventually got married).

The only thing Damo is married is to the church according to Irene in recent years. He stuck with the Priest thing and eventually moved to Kiwiland.