All You Wanted

Guest kaciexox

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres a new chapter

thanks to zetti for proofing

CHAPTER 14

She was home. Martha Mackenzie was back in Summer Bay after 6 months. If she was honest with herself, she would admit that she hadn’t planned on coming back, ever.

There was too many bad memories here, too much had happened.

But her family needed her back, and so she was back.

Martha had thought leaving Summer Bay would help her to forget. It hadn’t. She still relived the horrific events that happened in that van every night. She could still see it so vividly.

She could still smell him. Still taste his breathe. She shuddered, forcing herself to forget about it again.

Forget about it for another day. But it was no use. It would still haunt her dreams anyway.

She pulled into the car park next to the bar. Before going home she decided to pick up a juice and a snack. 4 hours of driving and she was very hungry!

Martha took a deep breath, pulling the keys out of the ignition.

She hadn’t been here for 6 months. Six long months. She had missed it, but she was nervous. She was nervous about seeing her friends again and Jack and especially Tim.

None of her friends knew why she left, except Jack, she had left without saying goodbye and she guessed they wouldn’t be too impressed.

During the 6 months she had been away, her mother had met a man and moved in with him up the coast, leaving Macca alone in the house. Now he needed his family and Martha decided it was time to come back home.

-----

Martha walked slowly into Noah’s bar. Immediately heads turned. Among those, the people she least wanted to see; Macy, Tash, Jessica, Shannon, Summer and Jack.

Jack stared at her, for what seemed like hours. He couldn’t move. Surely it couldn’t be… But it was.

“Martha,” he whispered getting up and walking towards her.

Martha looked away. She knew that this moment had to come, but she wasn’t looking forward to it.

“Your back,” he whispered, reaching her.

Martha didn’t answer.

“Martha,” Macy said getting up and joining Jack, “Thought after six months you’d finally show your face? Were you to guilty after what you did to me?”

“It’s wasn’t like that Mace,” Martha said, speaking for the first time.

“Really?” Macy said, her voice raising, “You steal my boyfriend, then run away! That’s courage right there!”

“Macy…” Jack started but Martha interrupted.

“It’s ok Jack. I didn’t come to cause trouble, I just want a juice,” Martha said softly, trying to move past them but didn’t succeed because the rest of her friends had joined Macy and Jack, blocking her way.

Tash was the next one to have a go at her.

“Some best friend you turned out to be,” she spat at Martha, “Just leave. Don’t say why or where your going or when you’ll be back. Don’t even say goodbye.”

“I’m sor…” Martha started

“Tash cried for weeks over you,” Jessica said angrily, “We all did.”

“Why did you go?” Summer asked, more softly then the rest, “How come you just left?”

“Enlighten us. What could possible be so bad?” Macy said nastily.

Martha didn’t answer, she felt the tears coming to her eyes and felt as they started to trickle down her cheeks.

The girls continued to harp at her until Jack stopped them.

“Would you all leave her alone!” he yelled angrily, “Cut her some slack, you don’t know what she’s been through. You don’t know the real reason why she left so don’t pretend like you do!”

The girls turned to look at him.

“And you do?” Shannon asked.

Jack looked away.

“I’m just going to go,” Martha said, pushing her way past them to walk back out the door, her juice would wait.

“Just so you know, I’m with Jack now, so hands off, not that you listened last time,” Macy called after Martha.

Martha ignored her and proceeded to leave the bar. Jack gave Macy a filthy look.

“What?” she asked, trying to look innocent.

Jack just frowned at her, running after Martha.

“Martha,” he called, once he was out side.

When she didn’t answer she grabbed her arm, spinning her around to face him. She had tears streaming from her eyes.

“I’ll talk to Macy,” Jack said, not really knowing what to say.

Martha shook her head.

“She’s right to say that. It’s all true,” Martha said.

“She has no right to make judgments about you, you’re the bravest person I know,” Jack said, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

Martha managed to smile. Jack had that effect on her.

“I think we should have a talk,” Jack said.

“About what?” Martha frowned.

“About us,” Jack said, looking confused.

“Us? There is no ‘us’. Not anymore,” Martha answered. It broke her heart to say that but she needed to make a fresh start and as painful as it would be that had to be away from Jack

“But you’re back…”

“I didn’t come back for you,” Martha said, pulling her arm away and running from him.

-------------

NEXT CHAPTER: Why is Martha really back in the bay?

:o

Hate Macy! :angry: and now shes with Jack! :blink:

Im not happy Kacie <_<

There was no mention of a bump though, so thankgoodness shes not pregnant! Thats a relief at least!

Poor Jacky though :(

And Martha *cries* I hope she lets him back in.

Loving the fast updates!

More please.

Macy :angry:

Why is Jack dating her? He could have waited for Martha! :angry:

Poor Martha! She's still not over it. :(

I wonder why she came back to the Bay if it isn't for Jack. *thinks*

Hopefully she'll let Jack back in and he'll dump Macy (which he will if Macy keeps on acting like a b.... :) ).

More please.

thanks to Zetti for proofing :)

Sorry guys no JM in this chapter

I dont really like this chapter... too much dialogue, but oh well :)

CHAPTER 15

Martha parked her car for the second time that day. This time, in front of her house. She jumped out quickly, eager to see her brother. Reaching the old wooden door, she knocked impatiently.

“I’m coming,” she heard a voice shout.

Then moments later she heard the creaking of floor boards as Macca made his way to the door.

“Macca,” Martha cried, flinging herself at him the second the door opened.

“Whoa,” Macca laughed, wrapping his arms around her, “it’s good to see you to, little sis… after six months.”

Martha punched him playfully on the arm.

“Don’t you start,” she grinned, “I’ve already heard it all from my friends.”

“Ah, so you’ve confronted your friends, you know they were pretty cut up when you left,” Macca said.

“Yea, I know,” Martha sighed, “But I don’t really want to talk about that.”

Macca nodded understandably.

“So you going to invite me in or what?” Martha laughed.

Macca grinned and pushed open the door, allowing her to walk into the house.

“How does it feel to be home?” Macca asked, closing the door and following her into the lounge room.

“Weird,” Martha admitted, plonking herself onto the lounge, “Good-weird, but weird.”

Macca nodded, sitting down next to her on the lounge. He waited a minute, silence engulfing both of them, but then he spoke.

“Martha,” he said softly, “Why did you leave?”

“Macca…” Martha started, shaking her head.

“Martha, please tell me,” Macca cut her off, “Was it Jack? Did he hurt you?”

“No,” Martha answered quickly, “It was nothing, I just needed to get away.”

“Martha,” Macca said, taking her hand, “I know that’s not true, I only hope that when

your ready to talk, you’ll come to me.”

Martha nodded slowly.

“I promise,” she whispered.

Macca looked at her. He could tell she was hurting. He only wished she would open up to him. But he knew Martha, she was stubborn as hell.

“Hey,” Martha said, suddenly, “Let’s go somewhere. To the beach or a walk or anywhere!”

Macca’s face fell.

“Sorry, Mac,” he said, “I can’t, I have an appointment at the hospital in half an hour.”

“Oh,” Martha said softly, “Well lets go then.”

“No I don’t think you should come,” Macca shook his head.

Martha sighed. She knew that this would be hard, but she hadn’t guessed it would be like this. She just wanted to take away his pain, but she couldn’t. She couldn’t do anything, except be there.

“Macca, I want to be there for you, just please let me,” Martha whispered, tears forming in her eyes, “I know that this is going to be hard, I know that, but we’re family, we stick together.”

Macca nodded, silently, seeing the sadness in his sister’s eyes. And it killed him to know that it was because of him, he was causing her pain.

“Ok,” he whispered, pulling her in for a hug.

Martha rest her head against her brother’s chest. She had to be strong, if not for herself, for Macca.

-----------------

“Mr. Mackenzie,” a doctor called, looking down at a list of names.

He looked up and called out again,” Mr. Michael Mackenzie.”

Macca stood up silently, Martha gripping his hand.

“You can do this,” Martha whispered to him.

Macca nodded before disappearing into the consulting room. Martha sighed and followed.

“Take a seat,” the doctor said, “I’m Doctor Young.”

The man held out his hand and Macca shook it awkwardly.

“So, how long till I die?” Macca asked, bluntly.

Dr. Young looked up sharply.

“Mr. Mackenzie…” Dr. Young started but Macca interrupted him.

“Please don’t give me the whole doctor speech, I’ve got cancer, I’m dying, I just want to know how long I’ve got left,” Macca said, Martha squeezed his hand under the table.

Dr. Young hesitated, then sighed sadly.

“Years, months,” Macca asked, his eyes shinning with hope.

“Weeks,” the doctor said, sadly.

“No,” Martha cried, tears falling from her eyes, “No.”

She pulled her brother in, hugging him tightly. No way would she let him go, not ever, no matter what some doctor said.

------------

“Macca,” Martha yelled, walking into the house and slamming the door behind her, “You have to get the treatment!”

“No. No way.” Macca yelled back.

“But it’ll give you more time,” Martha shouted.

“Martha, listen to yourself,” Macca yelled, “I’m dying, I’ve got weeks left to live. Chemo will, if I’m lucky give me an extra couple of weeks. But I’d be in pain. That’s not how I want to spend the rest of my life!”

“But your not going to die,” Martha cried, tears falling from her eyes, “The chemo will…”

“Martha!” Macca shouted violently, “Will you listen to yourself. I’m dying, chemo or no chemo.”

“No, why are you saying that,” Martha yelled, shoving Macca’s chest, “Don’t say that.”

“Martha…” Macca started softly.

“No, don’t say anything. I hate you,” Martha cried, hitting Macca, “I hate you, I hate you.”

Her words became muffled as Macca wrapped his strong arms around his sister. Martha tried to push him away, sobbing, but he wouldn’t let her.

He just held onto her until she finally let him hold her. Martha let herself breakdown, sobbing into her big brother’s chest. It was unbearable to think he was leaving her.

“I don’t want you to die,” she cried, resting her face on Macca’s shoulder.

“I know, I know,” Macca soothed, stroking her hair, “I don’t want to leave you either. But we’ll get through of this, the two of us, just like we always have.”

Martha looked at her brothers face.

“You promise?” she asked softly.

Macca nodded.

“I promise,” he answered, pulling her in for another hug.

-----------------------------

NEXT CHAPTER: Does Martha open up to Macca

Archived