• Created
  • Last Reply

Great chapter.

I'd actually forgotten about this fic :unsure:

That ^ may have been a hint for you to update more often :P

Nah, just kidding lol

I hate Macy <_<

Poor Martha having to face all of this :(

Looking forward to more, and HAPPY CHRISTMAS! Hope Santa brings you lots of nice pressies :D

Ok so I know it's a bit later than 'tomorrow' but better late than never right? :wink:

Warning: This chapter may contain crapness as it has not been proofed. :P

And sorry about the last bit, I was tired so it's mainly dialogue.

Enjoy :)

CHAPTER 19

Jack listened in awe as Macy began yelled insults and accusations at Martha, but he was even more surprised when Martha began to respond, she too, screaming insults at his girlfriend.

He had never seen two people look at each other with as much hate as Macy and Martha had right then. Both their faces clearly displaying the utter disgust in the other.

Every time he opened his mouth to try and calm them down, he was ignored or interrupted. It was as though neither girl had remembered he was standing right there.

And then, just Jack had thought it impossible for the situation to get any worse, Macy’s hand collided with Martha’s face, sending her falling backwards onto Jack. And then, as quickly as it had happened, it was over, and Martha had snatched her bag from the bar and left, all eyes watching her in silence.

Jack stood still after that, still in shock about what had just happened. He stared at the door, the sounds of the people around him drained to silence. Suddenly he felt the urge to go after Martha, he wanted nothing more than to follow her. Not only out the door, but wherever she would go. Right then, he wanted to be with Martha, kiss her whenever he wanted, talk to her without worrying Macy would get the wrong idea, console her when she was crying…

“Well?” Macy’s voice snapped him out of his daydream. He looked at her blankly.

“Sorry, what?” he asked, his eyes darting back to door.

“Jack!” Macy exclaimed, letting her hands drop to her sides, “Are you even listening to me?”

Jack didn’t say anything. He felt all eyes on him, as if waiting for him to speak. But he didn’t know what to say.

“You have to choose, Jack,” Macy said lowering her voice to an almost whisper, “I just can’t,” her voice stumbled for a moment but she quickly composed herself, “I can’t do this, I really can’t. So your going to have to make a decision, it’s me or her.”

Jack stared at her.

“What,” was all he could manage.

“And if it’s her,” Macy continued, “Then we’re over. And if it’s me, you can’t see her anymore.”

“Macy we’re just friends,” Jack tried to protest but Macy ignored him.

“At all,” she said, speaking over the top of him.

Jack stared at her again, not believing what she was saying.

“At all,” she whispered.

“I need some time to think – h” Jack started.

“You walk away now,” Macy interrupted, tears now forming in her eyes, “And we’re over.”

Jack took a deep breath, hoping a new supply of oxygen would help him to think. It didn’t. He took another deep breath, commanding himself to clear his mind. That didn’t work either. He had to choose now.

“Martha,” he said softly.

“What?” Macy asked, her eyes staring into his, full of hope.

As much as he wanted to be with Martha, he cared about Macy. He couldn’t hurt her.

“You,” he said, loudly, “Macy, of course I choose you.”

He watched as a huge grin spread across Macy’s face. She ran forward and hugged him, but somehow Jack couldn’t seem to return the hug.

“Macca, I’m home,” Martha yelled, slamming her bag onto the dinning room table.

“I’m upstairs,” Macca called back.

Martha sighed and stomped up the stairs, pretending each one was Macy’s face.

“Gee, you sound happy,” Macca shouted sarcastically.

“Shut up, Macca I’m not in the mood,” Martha yelled, walking into her room and began tugging at her top, “I have had, officially the worst day,” Martha pulled her top and pants off, “And that stupid bitch Macy,” Martha pulled her pajama’s on, “Don’t even get me started!”

She grabbed at her hair which had taken her ages to perfectly style, pulling it into a tight bun that sat on the top of her head.

“Where are you by the way?” she called out, walking out of her room and slamming the door.

“In my room,” Macca answered.

“I’m sorry,” Martha said walking down the hall, “I didn’t even ask how you are feeling.”

Martha walked into her brother’s room. Macca was lying on his bed, pale as ever and surrounded by bloody tissues.

“Oh my god! Macca what happened?” she shrieked running over to him, “We have to get you to a hospital. Oh my God! Come on we have to let a doctor see you. I mean obviously its late, but I’m sure the Emergency room is still open. I mean it would be stupid if it wasn’t, imagine if you had an emergency in the middle of the night, where would you go? But that doesn’t matter, I’m sure they’ll see you right away, I mean this is serious!”

“Martha would you calm down,” Macca shouted, grabbing her by the wrists, “I don’t need to go to the hospital!”

“Oh please not this again,” Martha sighed in frustration, “You going to just have to learn to stop being such a man and let someone help you for once!”

“Martha, the hospital is not going to help!”

“What do you mean?” Martha whispered, almost scared of the answer Macca would give.

“It’s just the cancer, Martha you have to accept it. I’m dying,” Macca said softly, stroking his baby sister’s cheek gently.

2 HOURS LATER

Her phone woke Martha from where she was sleeping snuggled against her brother in Macca’s bed.

“Hello,” she whispered, careful no to wake Macca, her voice slightly scratchy.

“Martha, it’s Jack,” he whispered.

“Why are you whispering Jack?” Martha asked, curious.

“Why are you?” he asked.

“Ok fine, just get on with the part when you tell me why our calling,” Martha said, slightly annoyed about being woken up.

“Look, I can’t see you anymore, Macy’s threatened to break up with me if I do.”

“What?” Martha asked, walking out the bedroom and closing the door softly behind her.

“I just rang to tell you that if you see me in public, ignore me, don’t talk to me and I’ll do the same.”

“You mean I’m not allowed to talk to you? At all?”

“At all,” Jack said softly, repeating the words Macy had said to him.

Martha hung up. She couldn’t believe, she didn’t want to. This was Jack, her best friend since Year 9! She sighed went back into the bedroom.

“Who was that?” Macca groaned, still half asleep, as she crawled back into the bed.

“No one,” Martha answered, “Wrong number.”

NEXT CHAPTER: A party is planned, JM avoid each other and the town finds out about Macca’s cancer.

Archived