Too many contests?

Guest Skykat

Way too many contests!

A sub forum would be a good idea for the ones we need. We currently have too many ones that could be merged with another. Eg. animal and cartoon into the avatar contest. I agree with Cat that we probably don't have enough to have a sub-forum so maybe just close the 'pointless' ones.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contests We Have: (Including Number of Threads altogether)

One on One (4)

LIMS (11)

Tshirt (3)

Animal (4)

Cartoon (2)

Lyrical (4)

A Day In The Life (2)

Calender (6)

Icon Inspiration (4)

So if we add them all up its 70 (Or I cant do Maths). Would that be enough for a Subforum?

I think there are too many similar contests (ie. Cartoon/Animal) but I think new, different contests such as the t-shirt comp are great. I don't think it matters how many contests there are as long as they are different from one another as there's obviously lots of people who enjoy the challenge of creating artwork and entering contests.

There are plenty of different competitions that we could have to make things interesting, and not just artwork either. These are just off the top of my head but contests such as 'video making' and 'design a new Home and Away set' would be different and would be a step on from the current ones. Like I said they are what just popped into my head to demonstrate a point as I have no idea if anything like that will be welcomed on the forum?

I am in favour of a sub forum for contests as it will seperate them and stop them getting mixed up in the artwork threads. I think by the time all the current comps and discussion threads are moved there as well as the old contests I think there will be plenty there to warrant a sub forum. I think we are on avatar comp 30 so there is at least 30 threads there to start with. I personally wouldn't want them getting deleted as I sometimes like to look back through old contests. :)

Anyway that's my thoughts on the matter. :) Sorry for rambling!

EDIT: It seems this thread moved on somewhat while I was busy rambling!! :P

I think the subforum would only work if a new contest suggestion got a minimun of 10 supporters and a mod to sort of validate it to go ahead. I think it would be cleaner and easier to navigate but a tight control would have to be excercised so that it didn't deteriorate.

(The calendar contest was shut down, I kinda created it then as it wasn't taking off said to stop running it, one time it took poor megan about 3 weeks just to get two entries!)

Archived