Too many contests?

Guest Skykat

As Ryan said those kind of threads are not effecting the main 'front page' of the A&C forum, they aren't the problem, the problem highlighted was that peoples Artwork threads were slipping onto the second and third pages due to the amount of contests and stuff, then the second problem that has now arisen is the subject of a lot of artwork not being Home and Away related, it has nothing to do with really old threads on the last pages. I do, however agree that a little pruning would not be a bad thing.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that I agree with making the artwork section H&A only. I have pretty much stuck to that apart from in competitions and I agree with Cal that there is 20 years of material to use so it would be pretty difficult to run out of stuff to use.

Sometimes when I see artwork from other TV shows I can appreciate the graphics and the work that has gone into them but they don't interest me as much as Home and Away artwork does. If I wanted to see Veronica Mars icons I would go to a Veronica Mars site. (I wouldn't though as I have never seen it in my life and have no idea what it is! :P)

Home and Away is the reason we all found this site in the first place and to say that the board would lose members if you can't post non H&A stuff is a little unfair to the people who have taken the time to set up and run the site.

I'm not up in the ins and outs of the actual contests themselves, so perhaps people that are in the know can look at the idea and work out whether it's viable or not. What I wouldn't want to do is take the fun out of the contests that do run however.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to make this section for purely H&A artwork. I don't really post that much non-H&A stuff anyway. This is the only site I actually post my icons and such on, so no Katie you're not alone, but I find I get more response from the H&A artwork I post anyway. So yeah, that's a good idea.

As for the contests, I like Jess's idea of running a couple of Av Contests plus LIMS and 1on1 which run for a longer period of time.

Maybe the Av Contest threads can be made into one. Rather than having a separate thread for each contest, just have one thread which has the contest announced, the entries, voting, and winners announced in it. That way the number of threads can be reduced and if people want to look back at old contests that can be done qutie easily. If the thread gets too large maybe the first page could be a contents with links to the pages with the beginning of each contest.

I don't have time to right a long post now, will edit later but I am in favour of haa only work, although I never really post haa stuff I think this would be really good.

EDIT: OK so a while ago, I would have been heartbroken about non-haa threads but now I think its a good idea. I like the idea of having two subforums. Here are my ideas:

- Wipe out all the threads so everyone can start again with new non-haa threads, this will also get rid of unactive threads.

- Maybe if people really want to post non-haa stuff, we could have a new random artwork thread and just have non-haa stuff in there.

To be honest, this is a dicussion forum, we are lucky to have artwork threads, so (of course its up to the mods) if you want to post non-haa stuff, join a graphics forum, there are plenty about.

Also, if people can't agree, what about setting up a poll? Non-haa against haa artwork? That way you can see what the majority want.

Archived