Too many contests?

Guest Skykat

I really dont think there are that many contests. Yeah sure Kat pointed out that the list, but thats not really my point. The 1on1 contest as well as the LIMS, are competitions that are mainly mothly things. If you get kicked out of the first round (like I did) then you have to wait at least another month. Same with the LIMS. Sure the cartoon and animal contests can be brought in to these copetitions but thats a whole motnh ahead and its not like every round will be cartoon and animal. I really dont like people pointing out my cartoon contest in this partiuclar thread. I made that contest because I thinght it would interest people, and as you can see by some of the entires i reicever for the first one [7 in less then 12 hours], its really gotten people into it. Now at least I know peoples real opinions on it.

Yeah so the av contest is good. But like I said for the above contests - not ever round is going to bed animal/cartoon. I acytually havnt seen any yet, for as long as I've been posting in this thread. I just thought starting up the cartoon contest would be fun.

The Tshirt contest is really good. I think it should stay. Theres porberly going to be no other conpetition with the them of T shirts.

And iwth the contest a day in the life, that should deffinatly stay. Its not a rtwork comp, its a photography.

IHaving just gone to the icon ispiraytion thread, I really like the idea and hope we can bring it back to the surface again. The Calender contest is also good, because it gives people a challenfge, but at the moment it seems sort of dead. :(

Okay so if the mods want, they can get rid of the cartoon contest, I dont really care anymore. But all I'm daying is that it seems pretty popular.

I really think having a subforum for these contests would be the best. I rewally dont want any ofthe contests to go. UI like competing in them, even though sometimes I miss the deadlines, but I guess thats just my fault. I'm thinkig one of the mpods could delete all the old competition entires posts thingos. If you know what I mean.

fMost of the pictures that people have uploaded for them would proberly be non existant by now, liek the 1st avatar contest. Dude, that was liek ... a year ago :lol:

If we can create two subforums for the fanfiction center, why cant we have 2 for the artworks place. This section is one of the msot popular places on the board. If you notice Ryans post in the Comments and Suggestions place, about the posting or whatever, you would see that the figures for this place are resonablily good.

Anyway, just my rant. I'm in school, bored and needed to do something other then work. So I came in here.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosey, I think it's not specifically that the cartoon/animal/T-shirt threads are popular or not, it's that when we come to the crux, they've got nothing to do with Home and Away, this being a Home and Away forum as such.

You are right on the fact that it is a H&A Board but not every contest has to be home and away related as that would just be boring it is also a place that people can showcase their skills as graphic makers and people's interest are broader than just home and away so that is why the other contests are there also you don't come in here alot (no offence) so it's not like you notice that much anyway. Anyway that's just my opinion, the day where we can only post things or enter contests that are just home and away related is the day i will stop posting in this section. :)

Okay, I'm going to have a say on this, so bear with me. :P

I like contests, but there are way too many. It's so confusing trying to find art threads and have to rummage through different contest threads. Now, I think some contests should be closed because they are pointless. They can also tie in with other contests etc.

On the issue of making the contests H&A related, I'm slightly against that. I'm all for H&A related artwork threads, but not in contests. There is only a limited amount of topics you can choose if it had to related to the show. So maybe if there was a planning of contest topics... For example, Avatar and Lyrical contest have to be H&A related. LIMS, T-shirt design and other contests can be any topic.

This way, everybody is happy and dandy. You gettin' me? :huh:

Not a bad idea Cal, it could work.

I feel like we are now finding more problems however (the whole home and away board thing) rather than finding a solid solution to the problem, this thread has been open a while now and I don't feel we are any closer to the answer. I have decided to abandon my thread and am going to post all my stuff in the Random Artwork Thread which is pinned and so never gets lost and is also active quite a lot. Please don't shoot me down for saying this, it may be a stupid idea but perhaps everyone could post their stuff there, leaving the unpinned area free for contests? only an idea

I quite like that idea, Katie.

The only problem would be over-crowding in the Random Artwork thread. A possible solution would be an Artwork thread for H&A and one for other TV series. Just an idea. :rolleyes:

Yeah that'd be quite good, but what would you do with the Random Artwork thread? And would people be prepared to abandon their threads? I am still in favour of the idea but it will only work if everyone co-operates, we can't have some people using the new threads and others continuing to use their own threads, rebelling :D

^^ I hate that idea. :P I quite like having my own thread as i can go back and see how much i've improved plus i think that would be even worse if you went away for a week there would be like 50 pages to look through whereas now it's only like under 10 pages so you can easily catch up with what you missed.

Like the post count, which was taken away but meh i get a sense of achievement when my graphic thread goes up in replies as i'm like "oh look i've come this far, and achieved this much" so i don't like that idea and i think quite a few others would probably agree with me.

Archived