Too many contests?

Guest Skykat

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you guys get it...or maybe this might be just me, but here's what I think.

Even if we do have a contest problem, I don't think there are enough for a sub-forum.

Personally, I would just like if we closed all the current 'pointless' threads, and continue like we used too. I know, entering things like the Cartoon and Animal contests are fun, but seriously, you could have a round about them or any subject in the Avatar contest or LIMS.

I think in a way this sort of returns to my post earlier on, there's a large number of members who post in this section of the website last year, creating artwork. One of my questions is why do people create or enter into these multiple contests?

I really don't see a problem with having all these competitions.

I personally enjoy them and enter most of them. So long as sufficient numbers of people are intersted in, are entering the competition and voting I don't see why it's an issue. All abit of fun and friendly competition between the graphics makers ...

Personally, I don't see a problem with mutiple contests here and there. I think a good idea idea would be a sub-forum for these contests and from what I see there are another contests/threads that can be put into the sub-forum.

To me these contest threads are not 'pointless' because if they were no one would be entering them. I think if you want to look for 'pointless' threads the Games forum is the place to look.

The contests are good and they keep people busy, people obviously enjoy entering or they just wouldn't bother but I also agree that there seems to be a contest for everything nowdays. I think that things like the the animal one and the cartoon one are a bit pointless cause it could carry on with lots of things and start to get out of hand. We have also been having a lot of trouble getting people to vote and they could also be due to the large number of contests.

I think we should list all the contests and maybe see which ones people would like to continue xxx

I agree with lots of people here! There are pointless contests, I mentioned that the cartoon one was pointless in that discussion thread but they still go ahead because there are enough people who will enter. I think Kat's idea about rotating them so that say if you won the T-Shirt one you could choose to host the cartoon one or whatever is a good plan :) I will say one thing though - please keep LIMS, Av contest and the One on One I love them ones. On the topic of a sub-forum, I see no problem with one as the fan-fic section has a few but at the same time even more unecessary cintest would spring up, we'd soon have a food contest, a nature contest and it would digress into chaos i.e. a chimney stack contest.

Lol. :P I think Izzy is right, i myself think the cookies thread in general chat is more pointless than some of these contests i don't think it's a good idea rotating the hosting because if you're not any good at designing t-shirts but you are good at creating graphics for like the animal contest and you win it would be pointless to host the t-shirt contest because you know you're not any good at t-shirts so why should you get the chance to host.

I don't think there is any problem having contests if people are entering them.

By rotating the contests I meant that the winner of the running contests chooses what type of contest to hold next so the winner would be hosting a contest they like and are good at. Another idea is to run the contests monthly, so one month the t-shirt competition, next month the animal contest (Not that I know much about them):P I'm inclined to agree with flutterby earlier that the number of contests would spiral out of control in a sub forum and eventually peole would lose interest in contests altogether. Surely it's better to retain a few on a regular basis and rotate the rest to keep them fresh? Thats just my two cents.

To be honest, I'd much prefer maybe two contests held each month. Maybe July you could have LIMS and 1on1, then August you could have Av contest and T-Shirt and so on.

I think maybe we could get rid of the Cartoon and Animal contests, they tie in with other contests. Also, I think it would be best if nobody starts any new competition until we figure out a solution.

Archived