Too many contests?

Guest Skykat

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True, i'm not saying they aren't taken on board but wasn't the whole point of this thread to make things in this section easier to find? As merging every single artwork thread (well not merging but it's like merging as what you are saying is all people that would want to post graphics would have to post in there or otherwise couldn't post) is going to make it even more complicated as if you see an icon you want to use but you have to rush offline for whatever reason (going to school, work homework other commitments etc) next time you look in the thread it probably would have increased by many pages as everyone is posting in there then you'd get confused as to what page it was on as last time you looked it was on the current page and you'd spent 10 - 15 minutes trying to find that one icon you wanted to use and then you may just change your mind as it is taking too long.

Well in the end its up to the mods and admins but... I'm not for getting rid of Threads. Like already said, the RAT will be cluttered and you have less chance of getting comments on your Icons and even if you do you'd have to go back pages and pages... maybe a sub forum for the Threads?

Then try coming up with a solution yourself. I did say it was only an idea after all and have only had two people's feedback one positive one negative, I'm not going to get upset if it doesn't go ahead or anything but this thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere, people are discussing whether of not there are too many contests rather than trying to suggesst solutions to the problem which was that things were getting lost due to the increasing number of contests. How about merging the contest discussion threads and having just one place for the new contests and winners to be announced? Same problem you will probably say as merging the artwork threads but something has to be done and as a subforum has been ruled out we need a simpler solution.

Edit: one more negative feedback lol

You are right i don't like that suggestion either lol.

Also to add to comment i made earlier, the reason why a new sub-forum isn't necessary is because there is not enough threads to warrant a new forum i do believe so if this section just turns into one big thread then they may think there is not enough threads to warrant an artwork section.

Again I urge you to suggest a solution, just pointing out the problem will not get us any where :)

Erm well i think what someone else said earlier on about deleting old threads - like the first LIMS's and Av comps is a good idea will free up some space.

Also, how about the people searching for their threads in the Search box (most people probably don't use it) that way they can find their thread pretty fast. :)

Archived