UK Episode Discussion

Skykat

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a scene Libby cries with Susan by her side - and I think it shows how much the actor studied Kym's acting techniques, she plays an emotional Libby just as Kym would - and I've seen her in other TV roles and she doesn't usually do crying scenes like she did Libby.

• 2 months later...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought Harold's leaving episode was pretty abysmal. The main thing was Susan and Karl - two Ramsay Street legends - and no proper goodbye with Harold. Instead, like Danifan said, he got a goodbye from Carmella, Marco and the Parkers! What's going on there?!

Even though I didn't like some aspects of the episode, everyone coming together in the street at the end was very Neighbours and totally fitting of what community and neighbourhoods should be like.

And almost a year on (UK-pace), he's gone again...

What did you guys think of Harold's exit this time round? I thought it was ten times better. Him leaving Toadie to document the goings on in the street was lovely, as was his scene with Susan. Ian and Jackie, you made me sob!

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't impressed by it at all, partly because it was hard to care.For all the "he's gone for good this time" publicity, I found it hard to get worked up about yet another Harold departure.You can't really take seriously the "permanent" departure of a character who came back from the dead.The stuff with Susan and Toadie didn't really affect me, Harold's never been particularly close to either of them, it was just a case of finding someone for him to pass the torch to that's still gonna be there in twelve months' time.And then we got the whole "Karl was busy and couldn't come."

The only thing that saved it was that bit at the end with Lou.It was extremely appropriate that the last time we see Harold, he's doing what he always did best, arguing with Lou in that brilliant love-hate way. That's the best way to remember Harold, not a bunch of meaningless and overly sentimental speechs.If only it had been the end of the episode, instead of more Parker nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived