Doctor Who

Guest *belle*

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched the Patrick Troughton serial Tomb of the Cybermen this weekend: third-rate acting, poor special effects even by Doctor Who standards and totally unconvincing Cybermen, I'd have to call this one of the worst serials I've ever seen. But it did have a fair few unintentional laughs.

But the Sontaran Strategem was excellent: I hadn't seen the Sontarans before but they seem like Klingons combined with Jem'Hadar. Martha and Donna were great together as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Since my last post I've watched:

The Daleks: Excellent introduction, but too much talking to the camera and the Daleks were kind of pathertic, specifically the scene where they picked one up, cutting it off from its power source - the floor. Thank the FSM that wouldn't happen nowadays.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang: Third best of the four Tom Baker serials I've seen, which is better praise than it sounds like. Not impressed by the Chinese stereotyping though.

Caves of Androzani: Unmemorable except for the regeneration, which didn't help because Colin Baker has rapidly become my least favourite doctor.

Vengeance on Varos: Unmemorable and too long, not helped by Colin Baker and Nicola Bryant, whose American accent was awful.

Remembrance of the Daleks: Absolutely brilliant, demonstrating why I love both Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred. Can't wait to see

Davros

again. And the first two cliffhangers were the most tense I've seen in the original series.

I thought i let you all know that tv channel uktv Drama are showing the 4th doctor storys everyday at around 3am or 4am ish as of this early morning there are on The Ribos Operation.

Plus tv channel Sci-fi are showing a Doctor Who weekend this bank holiday 23-25 August.

Gosh, a Doctor Who thread!Just thought I'd nail my flag to the mast:Major fan.Since 1982.Well, maybe not major and maybe not even a fan but I was watching it then.Seen them all.Except the ones the BBC haven't got.Give me a second to imagine throttling them again.

Last series:Not as good as the previous three in my opinion but it had some good moments.Once again Steven Moffatt wrote the best story(Silence in the Library)so I'm glad he's going to be head writer when they finally make Series Four.Looking forward to Christmas and

the Cybermen

!

Classic Doctor who weekend starts today on the uk Sci-fi channel.

Saturday

12pm The ark in space - Tom baker

2pm Revenge of the cybermen - Tom baker

4pm Pyramids of mars - Tom baker

6pm The face of evil - Tom baker

Sunday

12pm Pyramids of mars - Tom baker

2pm The face of evil - Tom baker

4pm Logopolis - Tom baker

6pm Earthshock - Peter davison

8pm Warriors of the deep - Peter davison

Bank holiday monday