Doctor Who

Guest *belle*

What an excellant end of season finale! I just totally loved it! Martha was absolutely brilliant in saving them all. John Simms excellant portrayal of The Master was top class. As always David Tennant was awesome! He is undoubtebly the best Doctor yet! It was great to find out that Captain Jack is actually the Doctor's old friend The Face Of Boe! Can't wait until the Xmas special as it involves the Titantic!!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here! I couldn't believe it. Always knew that the Doctor & The Face Of Boe were old friends but I would never have guessed that it was Captain Jack! Knowing that now it all makes sense! The Face Of Boe was millions of years old & Captain Jack could not die but only grow old!

Well the news has just been confirmed that the Doctor's new companion for Series Four will be none other than....

Catherine Tate!! :D

I'm sure it will be fantastic, she was great in the Xmas Special last year!!

From BBC:

_42365525_bride2_203bbc.jpg

Comedian Catherine Tate is to play Doctor Who's new companion, reprising her role from the 2006 Christmas special, the BBC has announced.

She will join David Tennant for the complete 13-week run of the new series of Doctor Who, which is due to begin filming in Cardiff later this month.

Freema Agyeman, who played the Doctor's companion Martha Jones in the third series, will return mid-series.

Kylie Minogue will be starring in this year's Christmas special.

Tate will be returning to her role as Donna, the runaway bride who found herself transported into the Tardis as she prepared for her wedding on Christmas Eve.

The episode, broadcast on BBC One on Christmas Day, attracted an audience of 9.4 million.

Donna was invited by the Doctor to travel with him at the end of the episode, but the invitation was declined at the time.

Tate was asked if she would like to become the Doctor's new companion at the press screening of the Christmas episode to which she replied, "I would love to, but no one has asked!"

Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer, Russell T Davies described Tate as an "absolute star" in The Runaway Bride episode.

"We are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series," he said.

"Viewers can expect more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Catherine Tate said: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who.

"I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

Agyeman, 28, is to play Martha Jones in three episodes of spin-off show Torchwood, which producers have said will "expand" her character.

She replaced Billie Piper, who left at the end of the second series.

The fourth series of Doctor Who is due to debut on BBC One in Spring 2008.

A Christmas special starring David Tennant and Kylie Minogue will be screened on Christmas Day 2007.

The Captain Jack/Face of Boe reveal was a cracking and unexpected twist!!

As for Catherine Tate.....can't say I was all that taken with her performance in The Runaway Bride so my reaction to this news is more than a little lukewarm. Still, I've decided to just wait for her to come along and see what happens - don't think she'll last any longer than the one series though myself. And even if it is terrible - we'll have Martha back halfway through to make up for it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived