Doctor Who

Guest *belle*

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I didn't like Doctor Who years ago but since Chris Eccleston & David Tennant joined,I've been totally hooked! Although Chris was good,David is the best Doctor yet! Sad to see that Billie Piper has left as she was brilliant as Rose & she had good chemistry with them both!

• 3 weeks later...

Aww, I can't believe that this thread is dead - the Series 3 premiere last week was so good! So good, infact, that I've now seen the episode three times. :P Freema is so good as Martha and, I never thought I'd say this but, I'm prefering her to Rose! I especially love her and the Doctor's relationship. IMO, it makes for more interesting viewing. Rose and the Doctor really fancied each other - so yeah, the last episode of Series 2 was heartbreaking, but this unrequited lust that Martha has for the Doctor really matches her feisty personality. Martha's family are also really good as guest characters, too. They're kind of down-to-earth and normal which provides a fantastic contrast with the Doctor and his TARDIS. The funniest lines of last week's episode had to be when Martha goes into the TARDIS and is like, "It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside" and Tennant says incredulously (mocking :P), "It is, isn't it?!" That just made me giggle because Russell T. Davis said in Doctor Who Confidential that David read Freema's line and decided to ad. lib. the next line as a sort of in-joke about all the people who can't believe the spacial properties of everyone's favourite police box. :P

I can't wait for tonight's episode!

Aww, I can't believe that this thread is dead - the Series 3 premiere last week was so good! So good, infact, that I've now seen the episode three times. :P Freema is so good as Martha and, I never thought I'd say this but, I'm prefering her to Rose! I especially love her and the Doctor's relationship. IMO, it makes for more interesting viewing. Rose and the Doctor really fancied each other - so yeah, the last episode of Series 2 was heartbreaking, but this unrequited lust that Martha has for the Doctor really matches her feisty personality. Martha's family are also really good as guest characters, too. They're kind of down-to-earth and normal which provides a fantastic contrast with the Doctor and his TARDIS. The funniest lines of last week's episode had to be when Martha goes into the TARDIS and is like, "It's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside" and Tennant says incredulously (mocking :P), "It is, isn't it?!" That just made me giggle because Russell T. Davis said in Doctor Who Confidential that David read Freema's line and decided to ad. lib. the next line as a sort of in-joke about all the people who can't believe the spacial properties of everyone's favourite police box. :P

I can't wait for tonight's episode!

I totally agree - series 3 premiere was brill. I have to say I love the Martha and Doctor chemistry. To be honest I LOVED Christopher Eccleston as the doctor - I thought he was fantastic actually and I so loved the chemistry between him and Rose. I thought David was gonna be really good and then was dissapointed. I've come to the conclusion that Rose and David just didn't have the right chemistry. I'm sure everyone probably disagrees with me but I really just didn't feel that relationship, which is why I hardly watched the second series really. Actually I've been meaning to (my brother has every episode from the modern series on DVD lol), but have never got around to it. But I'm excited again because for me Martha and the Doctor work much better. Although initially really sad that Billie Piper was leaving (because I do think she's great) I'm really happy with the replacement. I think that Billie Piper and David are both great, just not together. lol Can't wait for the next ep, I have a feeling that this series is going to be great. :D

Archived