Doctor Who

Guest *belle*

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else seen The Eleventh Hour yet? Matt Smith was great, although I do wonder if the script was originally written for David Tennant, he didn't really play it any differently. I hope that changes over the next few episodes.

Can't wait for the return of the Angels (the ones who have the Phone Box) and the Dalek episode in two weeks.

I think that is a doctor trait. I always found that in the first episode after regeneration the doctor has the character traits of the last one, then comes in to his own. I've seen episodes 2 and 3, and I think you will like it.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I prefer Matt Smith to David Tennant.

I love the new doctor, didn't think I would. I found the David Tennant episodes were too wishy washy, with all the aliens having depression, emotional problems, nothing being certain. I like to see the Doctor fighting Baddies with clear cut roles. I think it was the writer, Russell someone, whose writing seemed to be heading up his own posterior.

That went into a bit of a rant!?!

Glad to see people being positive in this thread, quite a few of my Doctor Who friends seem convinced that the new series is dreadful, the new Doctor is dreadful, the new head writer is dreadful, the new opening titles and music are really dreadful and the show's going to be cancelled. Doctor Who fans are a funny bunch...

I absolutely loved The Eleventh Hour, best season opener we've had in a long time, and I'm loving the new Doctor and Amy.Episodes 2 and 3 weren't as good in my opinion, episode 3 in particular turned into a Dalek-story-by-numbers after an intriguing and interesting first half and shows why constantly bringing them back because "They're the Daleks!" is a mistake.Interestingly, Steven Moffat is probably most famous for not including clear-cut baddies, as episode 2 demonstrated.

I'm waiting and seeing about the Angels two-parter.It feels like a very unnecessary sequel but it might be brilliant.

Yes, I dont' know what it was about the David Tennant episodes. They seemed maudlin and constanlty harping on about past unhappiness, bringing back people's families endlessly, when I didn't really care about the families, they were pointless and slowed the stories down.

I did like the angels story though, but my fave was the Sontarans, declaring war and being kick ass baddies!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, now seen the Angels two-parter and I needn't have worried because it was completely brilliant.Two of the most chilling moments in television history:The Angel coming out of the TV screen to attack Amy and the moment when the Angels realise Amy can't see them and you see them move.And the absolutely brilliant denoument:"Get a grip.No, really, get a grip."

Not sure about Amy jumping the Doctor at the end, it was a very weird moment and I'm not sure how they're going to follow up on it.

Unfortunately I was watching from behind my laptop and missed quite a lot of the scary bits :lol: So are the angels actors in costumes? Or cleverly made polystyrene statues?

It was odd Amy trying to snog the Doctor etc. I've always seen the Doctor as a asexual character, he never seems to have girlfriends. But I suppose he has got a grand daughter [susan] so he must have had a wife at some point!

Archived