Doctor Who

Guest *belle*

A couple of things...

1. I thought Captain Jack was slashy but damn, Eleven has chemistry with everyone. Am really feeling the Rory/Eleven vibes along with Eleven/River. And as for Eleven/Canton... I can't believe I am seeing the HoYay again after so long. Anyone else hoping Eleven & Jack meet? :wub:

2. Can we keep Canton as a companion? And River? And Rory?

3. Loving the new theories about River Song that have cropped up, like

she is the daughter of Amy/Rory

Loving Doc Who so much at the moment.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to admit, after seeing the third episode of the new series...I wasn't actually impressed.The first half was brilliant:A scary monster, the Doctor being funny and brave and playing detective, lots of base under siege stuff.Unfortunately, things completely fell apart in the second half with the mundane revelation that the siren was

yet another malfunctioning medical device

before the whole thing limped to a lame anti-climax.Oh-and a lengthy sequence where we're apparently meant to be worried Rory might be dead, when we not only know he isn't(because he's in later episodes and they swapped the order after filming)but on past experience even if he is it won't last.

Throw in the appalling continuity with the coxswain, who barricades himself in the magazine with Amy and the others and then just completely disappears

until he's with the rest of the crew at the end

(presumably the siren got him but when and how?).Plus the Doctor twice saving Rory and letting some random guest character get zapped and his incredible stupidity in learning the TARDIS is about to dematerialise and running out so it disappears without him.(Okay, maybe he didn't want to abandon Amy and Rory but wouldn't coming back for them later make more sense than stranding them all in the 17th century?)And it wasn't the best.We had a bit of a dip in the first half of the last series after a strong opener and, given the first half is all we've got until September, I'm hoping next week will be better.

I thought it was good for lighthearted pirate fun but I see what you mean.

Although I have to say I was pleading for Eleven to push Amy out the way and give Rory the kiss of life. Ditch Amy and give me some Rory/Eleven love (with Capt. Jack as a fabulous accessory!).

Well, that was much better.Loved it.The current team seem to be really good at hiding plot twists: Even though we basically find out in the pre-credit sequence, I'm glad we went into the episode not knowing that Idris was

the TARDIS

.Matt Smith was on top form, managing to be completely hilarious whilst not actually doing anything.Rory was in perfect day saving form, first talking the entity into sparing them and then getting the telepathic instructions from Idris because she fancied him more(although he does need Amy to work it out).

And I was hoping we'd see one of the proper control rooms, instead of the Ecclestone/Tennant one.

Still, whoever designed the Time Lord message box has obviously seen The War Games recently.

Lines of the episode:

House

:"Fear me, Doctor.I have killed hundreds of Time Lords." The Doctor:"Fear me.I killed them all."

And:The Doctor:"

She's a woman and my TARDIS.

"Amy:"Did you wish really hard?"

This week was much better. I loved the interaction between Idris and the doctor. Amy annoyed be today for some reason can't explain it really but Rory was on top form as per usual. The idea of making Idris

was ingenious

. I loved how the bunk beds made an appearance :lol: looking forward to next week :) looks good.

The dynamic between the 3 characters is very much making this series (& last series) an epic win. When RTD tried this we ended up with Mickey in love with Rose while she was lusting after the doctor, who treated Mickey like crap. This time round Eleven started off dissing Rory but has warmed to him.

... OT3OneTrue3some for the win :wub:!!

Did anyone else hear the sound of millions of pens being picked up and the scribbling of epic fanfic involving Tardis/Eleven? Loved the 'Pretty One=Rory' gag, as well as the whole bunkbed thing... "Bunkbeds are cool. It's a bed with a ladder..." :lol:

I am really beginning to worry about this whole running gag of Rory=dead in every episode. I think it is leading to either him being dead for good or a massive swerve where they off Amy. I would rather see the Amy thing but I do want to see Amy & Rory with Capt. Jack first. Every companion in NewWho has interacted with Jack at least once so I hope that theme keeps going.

I keep seeing a spoiler saying

Eleven & James Cordon's character kiss (insert puke face here). If they are gonna do a m/m kiss it should be either Eleven/Capt. Jack or Eleven/Rory damn it! Amy wouldn't mind!

Yes... it turns out I am still a raging slashfan. I honestly thought I had got over that but obviously not...

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the recent upswing continues apace:Loved the two-parter.There was a nice grey morality about it, even if a clear villain did eventually emerge, with two "sides" emerging and the Doctor stuck in the middle.Nice, if slightly convenient, resolution, with only one(or, in some cases, less than one)version of each person surviving.(The glorious moment when

Dicken

goes to close the door on his own must have had the entire audience shouting "He's dead meat!")Not sure what the point was of the "Which Doctor is which" mystery:I didn't even realise it was meant to be the original Doctor

preparing to sacrifice himself

until they said so.(Unfortunate side effect of this:

Everything of importance was done by the "real" Doctor while the Ganger just sat in the control room and accidentally led everyone into a trap.

)And it's lovely to see a Doctor Who story full of actors that everyone almost recognises but aren't quite sure where from:Marshall Lancaster!Sarah Smart!Um, woman from Moving Wallpaper!Bloke that used to be in Casualty!

As for the closing minutes...Wow.Overlook the fact that, according to the moral of the story, the Doctor's basically just committed murder and marvel at the explanation for Amy's maybe-pregnancy and the eyepatch woman...and we still haven't got all the answers.I'm guessing

the switch

happened in that three month gap between the first two episodes and I'm really looking forward to the mid-season finale.

Archived