Latest 5STAR episodes (UK)

freakybuffy

Does anyone else think it was pretty controversial to show a 3 year old girl lying unconcious (looking dead) when all this Madeline McCann search stuff is still going on?

Not really, to be honest. There was no similarity to the Madeline case in the storyline.

If it had been a storyline about a young character going missing, yes, but I don't think a storyline involving a young child being hit by a car is controversial, in this instance, as it doesn't have any similarity to the McCann's ordeal, like Si said. If the storyline involved something similar to what's happening with the Madeline case then I would hope Five wouldn't show the episode. The BBC had to scrap a storyline for EastEnders earlier in the year because it was too similar to the Madeline case.

Fridays episode was so sad :(. The montage sequence with the prayer at the end was really heartbreaking. Kate Ritchie...woweeee....the way she portrayed Sally's emotions towards Alf was incredible. Chloe (Pippa) did a good job of staying still, her eyes were moving a little bit, but she's only 5! Older actors sometimes have a tough time of staying still!

Another sad episode...! The Campbells have had some good storylines during their time on H & A. When they first came along, I thought they were pointless characters and they all over-acted, but I've got to like them. I'm glad Geoff and Annie weren't alone today, but had Martha, Michael and Lucas to look after them when their Pop died :(

I did laugh yesterday tho when Geoff said he wasn't going to be a footballer, but train to be a minister instead- the look on Tony's face! :lol:

I agree, this was extremely sad. It was nicely written though, reuniting Annie and Geoff with Bruce just in time, and him watching the football game and realising how good Geoff could be. I'm really disappointed they've killed him, but at the same time grateful that at least they didn't do it shortly after he first arrived, as it appeared they might. Bruce and Annie, and to a slightly lesser extent Geoff, have been a breath of fresh air and a welcome addition to the show. I'm very annoyed that I didn't even find out the actor's name in all this time because the credits are always squashed so you can't read them, so looking him up, it is, I think, Chris Haywood. There are not too many older characters integrated so successfully, he's been a pleasure to watch and I'll miss him.

Tut tut tut, that naughty Ric. I admit I know what this storyline is going to be vaguely about [as I've read spoilers], but not the exact way its going to pan out. I feel sorry for Matilda, she must have guessed that he was hiding something by his overreaction. If someone says 'who's that text from?' you shouldn't answer 'I'm not having an affair with them' :lol: :lol:

A dramatic Tuesday double bill for me. Geoff and Annie going to get their stuff from their family home and leaving it forever, then Jack getting shot in the bank robbery. I think Jack is indestructible though- he's already learned how to walk again and had a new kidney/ liver hasn't he? I'm sure a deep coma is nothing to him :whistle: I was also glad to see Tony saying he's proud of Lucas for once.

I can't believe Ric is running around that woman Viv like her servant. He must like her to obey her every wish like that. And what's up with his hair? Its getting so fluffy and flouncy. Didn't he used to have it really short? :unsure: Maybe he's been having appointments with Viv's hairdresser :lol:

I just had to come on here and say this- the whole 'Jack's in a coma, OMG will he ever wake up :huh: ' thing has been done to death. I find it quite pointless, as it's inevitable that he will wake up, which just means that I don't even bother investing in the story simply because I know what the outome will be. Seriously how many times are they going to pull this one? Does anyone even actually believe that he won't make it through?

It has such a huge contrast to the Neighbours storyline with Didge in a coma, Tthat had me really involved and TBH I could have believed that it wouldn't end in a fairytale where she's wake up and everything would be fine and go back to normal in a couple of days.

• 2 weeks later...

When Dom came back on Friday he told Belle that he had been in prison but I don't remember him getting caught Last time we saw him he kissed Belle and then just dispersed until is it just me or did everyone else know he was in prison but over all I thought it was one of the best episodes creepy wrote like a horror flim when he was just gone after being hit by Belles car