Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

CHAPTER 9

Well i havent updated in awhile so i thought i would thanks for eveyrone who replyed this one is shorter than usual so sorry lol i'll try and update a bit more though lol :P well i hope you all like it :D please read and review

Martha was lying in bed, thinking about last night. Turned out Jack hadn’t been joking when he said he’d be in, in a minute and she had given in, three times actually. Martha laughed.

“What are you laughing at, missy? If your laughing at me falling over in the shower last night that wasn’t funny!” Jack said sleepily

“Your face was priceless Jack” she laughed

“Yea… well I won, remember at the start of the night you said I wouldn’t even get a better kiss? I seem to remember getting a whole lot more than a kiss.” Jack smirked

“It’s not winning Jack, its just me…”

“Losing?” Jack interrupted

“Do you ever want last night to happen again?”

“Yes, of course I do” Jack said confused

“Well then shut up with the winning thing” Martha stated

“You know how annoying it is when you do that?”

“What?” Martha asked

“Win, when really there is no reason for you too, I should have won that but somehow you did” Jack said frustrated.

Martha just laughed. Jack looked over at her.

“God, she has the most amazing smile. I can’t believe I nearly lost her for good, twice. Well one things for sure she’s not getting away that easily again” Jack promised himself, then leant over and gave her a meaningful kiss.

“Mmm what was that for?” Martha asked happily

“For being the best wife ever”

Martha got out of bed and walked off to the kitchen. Jack jumped out of bed and followed her.

“Did I say something wrong?” Jack questioned

“Umm... No just hungry is all” Martha said

“Are you sure?” Jack questioned wrapping his arms around her waist.

“Positive actually”

“Ok” jack said not convinced.

Later That Day

Jack was asleep on the couch, and Martha was watching TV, she looked down at Jack and saw he was smiling in his sleep. She wanted to go to the beach, but she didn’t want to wake him when he looked so cute so. She slowly stood up and creep around the house getting her things then left a not for Jack.

Decided to go to the beach, talk to you later love you xoxoxo… She wrote.

Then she walked out and headed off home to get changed.

Jack woke up about an hour later.

“Babe, I had the best dream, you we’re in it and we were..” jack looked around and couldn’t find her. “Babe… Baby… Martha!” Jack called confused. He walked up to the table and saw the note.

“God, I get so paranoid sometimes” he laughed at himself. “But she could have woken me so we could go together” Jack pouted. Grabbed his towel and surfboard and headed off to the beach.

Martha was down at the beach with Belle, Luke, Ric and Mattie. She didn’t really feel like going to the beach after she’d gone home and got changed but she decided she wanted to be there incase Jack came looking for her. So she dragged those four along with her.

“So you and Jack back together?” Luke asked hopefully, he hated seeing his brother secretly pinning over her, and them too fighting so much. He just hoped it was going to be different this time.

“Oooo yea how was last night? You didn’t come home so I’m guessing pretty good” Ric teased.

“Shut up Ric, we just had too much to drink so he couldn’t take me home and yes Luke we are” She beamed.

“That’s great I knew you two we’re meant to be together” Mattie added

“Thanks Mattie, last night was so amazing, he did up the house with rose petals and candles, it looked just like it did for our wedding night that we didn’t get to share” she finished sadly.

“Aww how romantic” Mattie said and then whacked Ric in the arm

“Ow what the hell did I do?” Ric complained

“More like what you didn’t do” Mattie snarled

“Thanks Martha, Thanks” Ric joked

“So where’s Jack now?” Belle questioned

“He was asleep on the couch and I wanted to come to the beach soo...” Martha started

“So she abandoned me and only left a crappy note” Jack interrupted.

“Hey” they all said through their laughter.

“Well you knew where I was didn’t you?” she laughed “and it wasn’t a crappy note” She finished

“It was crappy and you should’ve woke me, we could have come down together” Jack said flatly and a little annoyed.

Belle, Luke, Mattie and Ric sensed Jack’s annoyed tone and decided to bail into the water.

“Well we’re here together now aren’t we?” Martha told him as she pulled him onto the sand next to her.

“Yea but don’t do it again alright? I thought you’d changed your mind” Jack said as he pulled her onto his lap.

“Nope, never” she replied as she kissed him.

“So I was thinking and….” Jack started

“And…” Martha tried to help

“And I was thinking that…” He tried again

“That…”

“You should move back in with me, now I know you said you wanted to take things slow but..”

“Yes” she said

“Yes?” Jack asked confused not knowing which one she meant.

“Yes, I’ll move back in with you” she squealed excitedly

“O good” Jack smiled “I love you so much”

“I love you too” She replied then they started kissing passionately.

hope you all liked it :)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well... Miss Paris has been buging me for an update on msn so i finally gave in lol :P..... i hope you all like it although i dont think you's will like the ending lol :P well please read and review :) and thank you to everyone who has beeen :D

CHAPTER 10

Tony, Luke, Beth, Mattie, Jack and Martha were all moving Martha’s stuff back into the house. They were almost done but still had a few more boxes to go, and everyone had been paying Martha out about how many boxes of boots she had. Martha was denying there to be anymore than last time she moved in just that they’d got old and lazy.

“How much crap do you own girl?” Tony said

“I swear you didn’t have this much stuff when you first moved in” Jack added

“Jack, last time I moved in we did it bit by bit over like a week and a half remember? Besides maybe I have done a little shopping over the past few months” Martha said innocently

“O the truth comes out, well, at least you didn’t have my card” Jack laughed

“Ah ha ha ha be quiet you, or I will give your card a work out” she joked

“Ooo why don’t you give me a workout instead?” Jack said grabbing her waist and kissing her neck.

“Ew, Stop it, Stop it” Luke and Mattie started begging

“Ok, Ok you two settle down” Martha said pulling away from Jack’s kisses and grasp.

“You know what Luke? You suck! You always did ruin my fun” Jack joked

“Ok Ok, Luke lets get the rest of the stuff out of Martha’s Ute” Tony suggested.

“Why could Jack not do all this himself huh? It only took his and Martha’s cars to do it?” Luke whinged truth was he was only whinging cause he couldn’t think of anything to come back with to his brother.

“Well little bro you see my backs still not 100% sooo no heavy lifting for me” Jack said smugly

“Well your back seems to be doing just fine holding up that huge ass of yours” Luke joked back.

“Please, if anyone in this room is fat its, Dad” Jack joked randomly.

“Oi, how did I get dragged into this?” Tony questioned laughing

“Well you do always tell us not to bicker with each other’ Luke added

“HaHaHa get the stuff out of the car smartass” Tony said.

They all laughed as Tony and Luke walked back out to the car.

“You know what I’ve known them for quiet awhile now and I still cant see loving side of there bickering, they seem to think its there way of being nice” Martha said clearly confused.

Two Weeks Later

“Martha if you don’t hurry up your going to be late for your appointment” jack called

“Yea, yea I’m coming, god why do you want me to be so on time for this dumb thing?” Martha questioned

“It’s not dumb Martha” Jack said seriously

“Ok, I’m sorry, but I know I’m fine anyway” Martha stated

“Yea you probably are and a doctor will confirm that if you are”

“Who goes to random doctor appointments anyways?” Martha complained some more

“Wives who accidentally tell there husbands that they haven’t been in 2 and a half years and it’s not random you have been whinging about feeling sick in the stomach the last week so its not completely random” Jack stated

“Jack not going to the doctor for that long isn’t that bad and it’s a little stomach ache nothing to go to the doctors about” Martha said frustrated

“Well I don’t care your going and if you don’t leave now you’ll be late call me when your done ok babe?” He said sweetly

“Whatever” Martha said annoyed as she stormed out the door.

“I love you too” Jack said sarcastically after her, he loved that he could make her do something she didn’t want to.

Martha was sitting at the hospital waiting for a doctor to see her. She hated hospital and doctors they freaked her out. She didn’t know why, but they just always had for some strange reason.

“Ok Sam you’ll just have to bear with the morning sickness your only a month and a half pregnant so it may be around for awhile and you could be one of those unlucky ones who has it the entire time. And I’ll see you in a month for that ultra sound ok?” Dr Anderson said nicely to Sam “Ok now Mrs. Martha Holden?” He then said. Sam turned around and looked at Martha she looked so shocked and so upset and now Sam had the same look.

“Your pregnant?” Martha finally got out. Sam nodded and then looked down at the ground sadly.

“Omg does Jack know?” Martha wanted to know, if he’d be keeping things from her.

“No, um… look Martha I’ve really got to go. Bye.” Sam said rushing out of the hospital.

Martha stood there shocked she couldn’t believe that Sam was pregnant.

“Mrs. Holden, are you ready for your appointment now?” Dr. Anderson asked.

“Um… you know what, I’m going to have to reschedule sorry” Martha said hurrying off.

Martha was sitting on the beach starring out at the ocean think about everything. She couldn’t believe Sam was pregnant, this changed everything. She didn’t know what to do. She was hoping Sam had gone to Jack straight away and told him, cause she really didn’t want to do it.

“What does this mean for me and Jack?” Is he going to want to be with Sam? What happens if he leaves me?” Martha thought to herself “I guess I’ve just got to go home and see” She finished. She then stood up and started walking to their house.

Sam had just finished telling Jack everything and he was so shocked he couldn’t even talked he’d been sitting in complete silence for a good 5 minutes.

“So your pregnant, with my baby, and Martha knows” Jack asked shocked. Sam nodded.

“Look Jack I know this is a huge shock for you, I just thought since Martha saw me at the hospital, I should come and tell you” She said looking at Jack’s dumbfounded expression.

“Yeah so your going to keep it then?” Jack questioned the shock had worn off and now he had a million questions going through his head questions he wanted answers to.

“But you have no obligation to me or this baby Jack, me and Rory can just leave Summer Bay if it would make it easier for you and Martha?” Sam asked

“No, I don’t want you two. So you and Rory are staying in the Bay then?” Jack questioned

“If you decide to be in the babies life then yeah” Sam answered back softly.

“Of course I’m going to be Sam, but you need to know I love Martha. That hasn’t changed, and it never will. I want to be in the babies life, but I’m going to be in Martha’s as well” Jack said probably a little too sternly but he needed Sam to know that.

“Yea of course Jack I know that” Sam said

Martha walked up to the driveway and saw Sam was there. “At least I don’t have to tell him” She thought to herself. She opened the door and walked through. Jack and Sam both stopped talking and started starring at her. Martha then realized the tears running down her cheeks. She hadn’t cried about it yet, so she couldn’t understand why all of a sudden she was. Jack hoped off the couch and moved quickly towards her. She ran to the bathroom and locked the door before Jack could reach her. Jack then turned to Sam

“Um… Do you think maybe, we could continue this later? I’ll call you is that all right?” Jack asked

“Yeah, sure that’s fine, bye Jack” She waved as she walked out the door.

Next chapter will Martha let Jack in? And will they decide there better off apart?

hope you all liked it :P

Archived