Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER 6

Well heres the next chapter guys its pretty bad and kinda uneventful but I don’t know where the story is going or if its going anywhere. So this was the best I could do lol :P Hope you all like it.

It had been two hours since Martha and Jack had, had their talk. Martha was still lying on her bed at Sally’s and Jack was changing the sheets at his house, he’d hope Martha would come home soon and he really didn’t want the smell of another woman on them.

Just then Tasha knocked on the door.

“Come in” Martha yelled curiously

“Hey Mac I just thought I’d come see how you were holding up” Tasha asked as she sat down on the bed next to her.

“I’m great now” she replied beaming a massive smile at Tasha.

“Look Mac just because you’re the tough country girl doesn’t mean your not aloud to be upset sometimes I mean…” Tasha started but was distracted by Martha’s laughing.

“What in the world is soooo funny you had to interrupt my whole “try to get you to open up speech huh?” she asked trying to sound annoyed.

“Nothing important, just the fact that me and Jack have decided to give it another go but if you’ve got your heart set on giving this speech lets hear it” Martha teased

“OMG are you serious?! Mac that is awesome so when are you moving back in today, tomorrow?” Tasha started shooting of questions.

“Woah hold up, I’m not moving back in we’re taking it slow you know kind of starting from the beginning again.” Martha said

“What? Why? Why would you do that for?” Tasha questioned

“Because if we move in together it’s just going to get us right back to where we were before”

“Ok whatever but your still going to you know… do stuff… cause I mean Jack’s a guy and he’s going to want to and I mean Jack is hot…” Tasha nudged her friend suggestively.

“Tasha” Martha scolded

“O what I give you’s one date and you’ll be back in bed together you just wait and see” Tasha laughed as she walked out the door.

“Yea well bye to you too.”

“Byeeee” Tasha called cheekily.

The Pad

Jack was still making the bed he wished he’d figured out there were two different types of sheets before he put the flat one down first.

“Knock, Knock anyone home?” Martha called as she walked into the house

“Be there in a second” Jack called

“Hey, what are you doing?” Martha asked amused as she watched Jack battling the sheets.

“Shut up and help me will you?”

Martha put her bag down and started to help Jack make the bed how he was so clueless was beyond her.

“And that is how you make a bed Jack” Martha said cheekily

“I knew how to make a bed I just forgot that one had that elasticy stuff around it” Jack replied unconvincingly

“Right.. You “forgot” Martha replied

“So why were you changing the sheets anyways? Even when we were dating I used to have to change them it was disgusting how long you’d leave them.” Martha said

“Umm.. I um I dunno I guess I just thought it had to be done” Jack stuttered trying to come up with any other story than the truth. Martha then suddenly realized.

“Oh ooh umm... Well... Isn’t this awkward.” Martha stammered

“Yea I guess” Jack said looking around

“Well hey at least he is changing the sheets for me that’s sweet I guess” Martha thought to herself.

“Damn it Jack you have got to learn better cover up stories your meant to be a cop for god’s sake.” Jack thought

“So what did you want or did you just want to see your gorgeous husband” Jack asked flashing his gorgeous smile.

“Ohh Well good to know that knock to the head didn’t effect how up yourself you are” Martha joked

“You know you love it” Jack shot back

‘Yea well in small doses anything is good Jack” She smiled back

“Ok ok if I promise to stop being mean will you?” Jack smiled raising his hands

“No, but you can promise anyway” Martha stated

“Ok whatever, so what did you come here for?” Jack asked curious to know the real answer

“Seen as though I waited around for 4 hours for your stupid ass to come around and ask me out and it didn’t happen I realized I would have to?” She said trying to sound annoyed

“O umm… I was going to I would’ve I just...” Jack stammered around before Martha interrupted

“Jack its ok I was joking” She decided to stop him she couldn’t stand to watch him so nervous it was like watching a fish trying to get back to water. She did notice how hot he was when he was nervous though

“O so you don’t want to go on a date?” Jack asked sounded disappointed

“Omg how dumb are you really? Of course I do I was joking about being annoyed you idiot” Martha said slightly frustrated

“Oh alright… cool… sorry I guess I’m just a bit nervous I really don’t want to stuff things up this time” Jack said honestly

“You won’t Jack, and neither do I but if you keep babbling around the place I’m going to go out and find myself a really man” She joked

“Little harsh aren’t we?” Jack joked

“Nope now where are you going to take me for lunch?” Martha questioned

“Umm... Well I actually have to do something for work. I swear its really important and if I could blow it off I totally would but I promise I will do something soooo nice for dinner. I swear please don’t be mad” Jack asked.

“Great any second now she going to start going on about how I’m never going to change” Jack though to himself

“Oh… ok… no that’s ok. I understand you cant just drop everything for me, I’ve actually got a shift at Noah’s tonight so, I guess we will have to do it a different time”. Martha said, trying not to sound too disappointed but just enough to make him feel really guilty.

“I’m sorry it’s just…” Jack started

“Jack it’s ok, really” Martha interrupted

“What time does your shift finish?” Jack asked

“9.30” Martha replied uninterested

“Ok well I’ll pick you up and I’ll cook dinner for you and then we can watch a movie or go for a walk or something?” Jack asked hopeful.

“I dunno I’ll probably be tired and in a bad mood, maybe we just shouldn’t do it today?” Martha asked “Damn it why are you so stubborn” Martha thought to herself

“I don’t mind and besides I’ll get you out of your bad mood” He was practically begging her.

“Ok, well I guess I’ll see you then” Martha said as she turned around. “As long as something more important doesn’t come up” She muttered

“What?” He asked

“Oh… Umm… nothing bye” She stuttered

“Bye” Jack called

“Crap I better make tonight so good, or she’ll hold it against me for ages” He said to himself

Next Chapter: What was soo important?------ How does the date go? Does it even happen?

That chapter brought a smile to my face :D Jack and Martha are just joking around all the time, they are so sweet, cute, adorable :wub:

Please please please update really really really soon because I want to know how their date goes :P Fab chapter

Archived