Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew it!

The baby isnt Jacks, it was so obvious, it would of had his trade mark smile and those gorgeous brown eyes...only a matter of time before Jack finds out the truth! Hopefully in the next chapter!? *Smiles sweetly*

Anyway, Great chapter tiff, looking forward to the next one.

Message to Martha - Please let Jack in :):(

excuse me miz tiff i am not updating because miz paris (yes you paris!) has got martha having breast cancer there for until martha is well again

:o :o :o :o

Paris gave Martha breast cancer?????? I hate her, which fic is that???

And Tiffy, you have to update, please -angelic look- But yes i do to reckon Amber should update both fics :P Tiffy if you update, i'll update

well i thought i better live up to my end of the deal seen as though Fuj AND Amber both updated this is an EXTREMELY long chapter and i think you will all FINALLY totally love me again after this :) lol :P well i hope you all like it... this also hasnt been proofed so im sorry if it has a tone of mistakes :(

Chapter 15

Martha's Room

Martha had been in labour for 12 hours now, and she was only 2 centimeter’s dilated the doctor had been in there several times and said that she should strap herself in for a long night cause he thought it would be awhile. Which scared the hell out of Martha she wasn’t sure how much more she could take, she hated to admit it but all she wanted was Jack. She just wanted him to come in and tell her it would all be ok and hold her, he made her feel safe, and right now she needed it, she needed him. Her contractions were still an hour apart, and had been that way for a while now.

“You guys can leave you don’t have to stay I mean there’s no point in waiting around for ages, that is everyone except Sal and Beth. You two are in for the long haul” Martha joked

“Narh don’t be silly Martha we’ll wait with you” Alf said lovingly. Luc, Mattie, Tony, Ric, Cassie, Macca, and Morag all agreed.

Sam’s Room

Jack had been pacing the whole time he’d tried to get in there but everyone told him he should just calm down and wait outside or in Sam’s room cause it would just stress Martha out. Sam sighed, and looked at Jack.

“You really love her don’t you?” Sam asked

Jack looked at her stunned and nodded looking away.

“He doesn’t look like you does he?” She said sighing

“Narh nothing like me” Jack said disappointed.

“Jack I’m so sorry” Sam said as tears rolled down her face.

“For what?” Jack said moving closer but not touching her.

“He’s not yours” She said looking down at the ground.

“WHAT?” Jack exclaimed

“I was sleeping with someone else at the same time as you, I’m so sorry but it just happened, I’d hoped the baby was yours but its clear now its not, it looks just like him” Sam said ashamed of what she had done.

“You’d hoped!? My wife is in there having my baby and I’m not in there because of you and your slutty schemes” Jack yelled.

“Jack I’m so sorry, you have to understand there was a chance he was yours” Sam reasoned

“A chance! Sam, I left my wife for that chance, I thought it was a sure thing! I thought you were having my baby you have ruined everything!” Jack yelled.

“This is a hospital Jack you cant yell like this I will have to ask you to leave if you don’t stop” Nurse Julie said sternly.

“Take the Holden off that baby” Jack said to Julie “It’s not a Holden, and you” He said pointing at Sam “I never want to see you again, just stay the hell out of my life” Jack said coldly.

Jack walked out of the room he felt like crap, he couldn’t believe Sam had done that to him. He had lost Martha for nothing he had hurt her more than he ever thought was possible again, and there was nothing he could do to take it back. He hated Sam for what she had done, he had to make it up to Martha he wasn’t sure how but he was going to do it though. All he knew was he had to do it, he had to get her back in his life, and this time it had to be for good.

Martha's Room

Julie walked into Martha’s room and took a set of ob’s then she turned to Tony.

“I think you should probably go check on Jack, he just went off at Sam, it didn’t sound to good” Julie said worried

At the mention of Jack’s name Martha sat up and looked over

“What happened? Is everything with the baby ok?” Martha questioned

“Yeah everything’s fine don’t worry about it” Julie said

“Then why was he yelling” Martha questioned.

“It’s not my place to say” Julie said walking out followed by Tony.

“I’ll only be a minute” Tony said.

“Dad! “Jack sighed “It’s not mine the baby Sam lied it’s not mine I left Martha for nothing” Jack said upset.

“What? Are you serious, mate that’s horrible” Tony said hugging his son.

“Dad, I have to get in there to see her, I have to be there for the birth” Jack said desperately.

“Mate she’s already stressed but I’ll try ok?” Tony said walking back into the room.

“Tony, is everything alright?” Martha asked

“Umm… yeah actually can I talk to you alone for a minute love?” Tony asked

“Yeah, sure” Martha said

Everyone left the room.

“So what’s up? Everything isn’t really ok is it?” Martha asked nervously.

“No not really, the baby isn’t Jack’s, Sam lied, she cheated on Jack and she’d hoped it was his but it isn’t” Tony said sadly.

Martha gasped “OMG that’s horrible how could she do that? That’s just so wrong” Martha said shocked.

“Yeah, he is pretty distraught about it, but he’s more upset that it ruined everything for you two, and it was all for nothing, he really wants to see you” Tony said.

Martha just nodded

“So he can come in?” Tony asked unsure.

“Yeah” Martha said quietly.

Jack walked into the room to see Martha sitting on a chair by the window, she looked over at him.

“I’m sorry about Sam that must be hard” Martha said sympathetically

“Yeah not as hard as losing you and this baby though” Jack said simply

“You didn’t lose me Jack you through me away” Martha said turning away

“I know but I would never do it again I swear I love you so much and I already love this baby” Jack said desperately.

“You don’t understand, you had me Jack you had me and I was so in love with you, and then you left for Sam, you have no idea how much that hurt me. You chose someone over me, and even if it was for a baby jack, you could’ve been apart of that babies life and mine. But you chose not to, I can’t keep getting you back and then losing you. It hurts too much, you say its gunna be different and you wont let anything tear us apart, and then guess what happens. We have had so many break ups jack, first your ear, then you were at work too much and then Sam. I can’t let you back in jack, I have a baby to worry about, and I need to be a good mother to it. And when me and you fall apart I can’t even look after myself let alone a child.” Martha said trying to stay calm.

“We won’t fall apart again Martha I promise” Jack begged

“Jack your promise, its worthless to me, it doesn’t mean anything, you’ve broken to many, you cant except it to mean something” Martha said tearing up

“But this time it does I swear” Jack promised

“You can be in the babies life, it was wrong of me to say you couldn’t it was selfish and I was doing It to protect me not the that baby. But me and you Jack that is over, I wont let you hurt me again.” She stated sternly

“What if I prove it to you” Jack reasoned

“ARGHHHHHHHHH”

“Martha what’s wrong is it a contraction” Jack said rushing to her side and holding her hand and rubbing her back. Martha just nodded and kept screaming.

“Shhh... It’s ok it’ll pass just keep breathing” Jack whispered in her ear.

A few minutes later the contraction was passing and jack was helping Martha back up onto the bed.

“Thank you” Martha said quietly

“That’s alright” Jack said smilingly sweetly at her. “I’m sorry that I haven’t been there for the pregnancy, I’ll never forgive myself for that” Jack said looking straight at her.

“Well, that was my fault to” She said

Just then Sally and Beth walked back in.

“Hey guys” They said

“Hey, I just had another contraction which means there only 40 minutes apart” Martha said nervously.

Martha’s doctor then entered the room

“Ok I’m going to need everyone to leave only one person can be in here while I’m doing this” Dr. Anderson said.

“Ok well I umm…is it alright if I come back later?” Jack asked turning away.

“Yea I’ll let Sally do it this time” Beth said.

“No wait Jack you can stay if you want to” Martha said shyly.

“Really?” Jack asked shocked, as Beth and Sally left the room.

“Well you said you wanted to prove it didn’t you?” Martha said cheekily “So prove it, just please don’t stuff up” Martha begged.

“Don’t worry I won’t” Jack said seriously. Martha looked at him, she had so many things going through her mind, she didn’t think it was the right thing to do letting jack in so soon, but she needed him so much especially now.

“Ok Martha just one more push come on you can do it” Dr Anderson said

“Come on Babe you hear that one more push just one” Jack whispered in her ear.

Martha nodded

“Ok Martha and start pushing on 1,2,3 push” the doctor said

Martha screamed and then heard the crying of a baby.

“You’ve done it Martha you have your self a healthy little girl” Dr Anderson said placing the little girl in her arms.

Martha fell back into Jack and sighed, she began to study her she had her fathers nose, and ears and her own lips.

“Do you have any names in mind?” Jack asked

“Madyson I like Madyson” Martha said.

“Madyson I like that” Jack said fondly

“Madyson Kaite Holden” Martha said looking for Jacks approval.

“Kaite Holden?” Jack asked

“Yea after your mum and the baby should have your name I mean it is my name too anyways, and I’m hoping we can sort us out but I just need time Jack” Martha said looking back at Madyson.

“Thank you and I want us to sort it out to, you take all the time you need I will wait for you forever if I have to, I don’t want anyone else. You’re my one and only never forget that” Jack said seriously.

“Unfortunately your mine too” Martha joked

“Trust you to ruin a loving moment” Jack pretended to be annoyed, then turning his attention back to there little baby. “I can’t believe we made her,” He said astonished

“Yeah I know, she’s only beautiful cause of me though” Martha joked again.

“Please she has my nose and ears and look she has my eyes” Jack said

“I’m glad she has those” Martha said seriously

Jack looked at her and smiled and then kissed her forehead.

please read and review

Archived