Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awww that was so sad :(

I feel bad for both of them, Jack has no idea whats wrong and Marthas in a right state!

They just need to talk it through and deal with it together. Martha just needs to open up, im sure Jack wont go off on one, he'l be there for her and support her, im sure of it. :)

Great chapter, update soon :)

gosh i havent updated in ages :o... well i will try and update a bit more lol :P... but there are only a few more chapters in this fic... i think but i was going to end it like 10 chapters ago and look where it is now lol :P so dont count on it yet lol ... well i hope you all like it please read and review :)

Chapter 18

“Home, sweet home” Jack said as he walked through the door

“Yeah” Martha said

“Are you still mad at me for what I said at the hospital?” Jack asked

“No” Martha said

Jack put Madyson down in her car seat and walked over to Martha and put his arms around her waist.

“You know that I love you, don’t you?” Jack said

“Yeah, I love you too” Martha a little unconvincingly

“Oh wow I felt the love coming out of that” Jack said pulling away from her “What is wrong with you have been acting strange for the last few days what’s going on?” Jack asked

Martha shifted around on her feet and then walked over to Madyson and got her out of her seat.

“Martha?” Jack asked annoyed

“You need a fed don’t you baby girl?” Martha cooed at Madyson as she went into the nursery to feed her.

Jack followed her determined to find out what was wrong.

“Martha can you not ignore me and tell me what is wrong?” Jack said getting more annoyed.

“This rocking chair is great where did you get it? it’s so comfortable and this baby pillow is great” Martha said trying to change the subject.

“MARTHA!, tell me what the hell is wrong” Jack said

“Can you not yell, and can we not talk about this infront of her?” Martha said looking for any excuse to get out of this talk.

“Martha she’s a newborn we can talk about anything in front of her it’s not like she’s going to understand” Jack said annoyed

“Ok well I don’t want to talk about it so I’m not going to” Martha said trying to stand her ground.

“So what you think that I’m just going to play along with this? Act like I don’t care that you can’t even say you love me to me? Martha do you love me?” Jack asked scared of the answer

“Yes Jack of course I love you, you know that, well at least you should, but I…” Martha tried

“You?…” Jack asked impatiently

“I just don’t know how to trust you again, I mean I love you so much and I know that you love me well I’m pretty sure. But it’s just so hard, to let my guard down I mean I put it up and I promised myself I’d never let it down again and then you came in with a freaking bulldozer and knocked it down, and I guess I’m still adjusting” Martha said

“Do you just want to take things slow? You know now Kim and Rachael moved out there’s the spare room and there’s a really comfy bed in there, I could sleep in there and you could have our room, cause the bassinets in there, just until your ready?” Jack asked

Martha looked at Jack and smiled and then she kissed his cheek

“That would be great, but I still want to be together I just as you said take things slow, or is this one of those all or nothing type deals?” Martha joked

“It’s one of those Martha gets her way everytime deals” Jack joked

“Ah I love those ones” Martha said as she walked into her bedroom to put Madyson into her bassinet.

Two weeks Later

Jack and Martha had been going strong for the past couple of weeks. They had even shared a bed one night, but that was cause Luc had decided he was going to stay over. Martha was almost positive that Jack had conned him into it, just so he could hold her all night. It just didn’t make sense for Luc to stay over when he lived next door. But Martha played along cause if she was being honest with herself she really wanted to wake up to Jack. Martha was out with Madyson down at the Surf club visiting Alf, he was so excited about being a great granddad he loved it.

“Oh you know what baby girl your great granddad is going to spoil you rotten when your older” Martha cooed at Madyson

“Hey, you know what when she gets old enough to talk I want her to call me just granddad not great granddad great granddad makes me sound so old” Alf whined

Martha laughed

“O I dunno maybe I should just do it to annoy you” Martha teased “You know granddad you are getting pretty old” Martha continued to tease

“And you my dear had better get home remember Jack said he wanted you home at 5.30 sharp” Alf stated

“I know I know, Bye granddad” Martha said as she pushed Madyson’s stroller out of the Surf Club

Martha was running late she’d left the Surf Club at 5.15, but she ran into Colleen on the way home. Colleen decided that she just “had” to have a hold of Madyson, and then she got started on when Lancey was a baby and everyone knew how long those stories could last. It was now 5.45.

“Hey Jack, sorry I’m late colleen stopped me and then she started on her when Lancey was a baby stories and well you’ve been caught up with one of those and you know how painful and long they are” Martha called as walked into the house. She stopped when she saw all the candles, and that Jack had made them a dinner. Then she looked at Jack who was standing there all nervous, “God he’s hot when he’s nervous” Martha thought to herself “but he also gets chatty, which can be quite annoying” she joked with herself.

“Jack this all looks so great” Martha beamed at him

“You look gorgeous” Jack said walking up to her and kissing her

“I was wearing this all day and I look terrible, let me go get changed” She said as she ran off to the bedroom.

“Hey umm arr you…” Jack stumbled

Martha walked into the bedroom and saw scented candles lit everywhere and rose petals all over the neatly made bed.

“Oooohhh well someone’s getting ahead of themselves aren’t they?” Martha laughed

“Well not really I’m just sure of how much you want me” Jack said smugly “But ah no pressure” He joked

Martha laughed “You’re an idiot, but you might find yourself getting lucky tonight” She laughed as she pushed him out of the room so she could get changed.

Martha took out Jack’s favorite pair of her lingerie and put it on and then she chucked on a black floaty dress and went back out to her husband.

“So Jack what’s for dinner?” Martha asked coming out of the room

“Pig trotters” Jack joked

“Your so not funny, you need a better sense of humor maybe I could get you one for your birthday” Martha joked

“And maybe I could get you a heart” Jack joked

“See what I mean not funny” Martha continued

Martha and Jack had finished dinner and Martha was feeding Madyson while Jack cleaned up.

“I’m just gunna go put her in her bassinet” Martha said softly as she walked into there room.

Martha was watching Madyson sleep when Jack came in and put his arms around her.

Martha gasped “Oh you scared me” Martha said relived

“Sorry” He whispered in her ear.

“No your not” She laughed as she turned around. Jack pulled her into a long hot kiss that left her breathless

“I hate that you can do that to me” Martha said catching her breath

“Well I love it” He replied smugly

Martha pushed Jack back onto the bed and crawled on top of him and started kissing him. Then they were interrupted by a knock on the door. Martha groaned and went to the door.

“Mum, what are you doing here” Martha asked shocked.

hope you all liked it :P

hope you all liked it

No i did not like it actually! :P It was starting to get all good and then you ruined it by having someone knock on the door! Damn you Tiff! :angry::D

But other than that slight, but very disapointing end ( :P ) it was a great chapter. Finally things are looking up for Jack and Martha.

Update soon :)

Archived