Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG I can't believe I have missed this fic! Its fantastic, have finished catching up reading the whole thing and i have to say that the story line is really addictive!

Go Martha, I'm glad she made Jack realise how much of an arse he's been, but am totally clueless about whats going to happen next. Please update soon :D

I just found this, and I'm loving it.

I kinda of feel sorry for Jack, he's kind of stuck in the middle cause he just happened to get two different women pregnant in the same two months, actually now that I've put it like that I don't feel sorry for him at all.

If only Martha had gone earlier to the hospital, then she'd know she was pregant and she wouldn't of found out that Sam was pregnant.

Maybe Sam's baby will turn out not to be Jack's *fingers crossed*.

Anyway please write more soon.

well this chapter is cause Tasha said she wouldnt update until i did lol :P so here it is lol :) i hope you all like it even though you will all hate me AGIAIN after it lol :P

Chapter 13

Jack stood there for 10 minutes just staring at where Martha’s car had been. Had she really just said that? Was she pregnant with his child? Had he left the women of his dreams for someone just cause of a baby for nothing? He started walking in the direction of Sam’s house, but then turned and started running to the Caravan Park he had to go and talk to Martha.

Jack walked up to the door and started knocking. Sally came and answered the door, she looked shocked to see Jack.

“O Jack hey, come in what can I help you with?” Sally asked curiously

“I was actually wondering if Martha was in?” Jack asked nervously

“Yea she is I was just on my way out, but I think she’s on the back patio” Sally said

Jack walked through the kitchen and to the patio, where he saw Martha folding some clothes and listening to her ipod. He thought about walking up and scaring her but he really didn’t think that would go down well. So he decided to just walk around the other side of the table so she would see him. Martha looked at him and sighed she took her music out and stopped folding.

“Hey” Jack said awkwardly

“Hi” Martha said in the same tone

“So… what you told me before, um… when did you find out?” jack asked shakily

“The day after we broke up” Martha answered

“Martha that’s a month ago!” Jack said shocked

“Yea… your point?”

“My point is you should’ve told me” Jack said shocked that she’d even asked.

“Yea, I should have just walked up to you and said hey what ya doin? O guess what you knocked me up too, unlucky huh?” Martha snapped

“Martha when I left you, I didn’t know if I had’ve I would hav…” Jack started

“Don’t, don’t even try to make excuses, and sure as hell don’t try to get back with me, cause that wont work you left me Jack, you broke my heart, I trusted you with it and you broke it, we had a second a chance and you ruined it I don’t believe in third chances.” Martha said crying.

“Ok, fine, but what are we going to do about the baby” Jack asked with tears in his eyes he couldn’t believe how much he’d hurt her again! And for what Sam?

“I dunno and I don’t want to talk about it now so could you just go please?” Martha asked with tears running down her face.

“Ok, but I’m going to come back later” He said walking towards the door “and Martha I’m sorry” Jack finished.

Later That Day

Martha was sitting on the couch with her legs crossed infront of her, it had been two hours since Jack was here and she was beginning to think telling him was a huge mistake. At first she’d thought maybe it was a good thing but now, now she had so many things going through her head. She didn’t want to get hurt anymore and if Jack was going to be in the babies life that meant he was going to be in hers. But at the same time he would be in Sam’s and that was something Martha wasn’t sure she could cope with. Even if it was better for the baby she didn’t know if she could handle Jack being in the babies life. She was too scared he would hurt it, and make it feel second best, the way Jack always did with her.

Jack had told Sam that Martha was pregnant and that he was going to be in that babies life as well. There was no way he could abandon any child of his. He loved Martha more than anything in the world and he hated the fact that he had once again hurt her and made her feel second best to Sam. Jack hated the way he made Martha feel when he was late but for some reason he couldn’t seem to stop doing it. He couldn’t believe he hadn’t picked up on her sickness. That was the reason she was going to the doctor the day the found out about Sam being pregnant. He was also upset that now if he hadn’t of left Martha they could be a happy family, they could be truly happy instead of the happy Jack pretended to be with Sam.

Jack walked up to the Caravan Park for the second time today and was about to knock on the door but stopped when he saw Martha crying on the couch. He walked in, and went and sat on the couch, next to Martha.

Martha looked at him.

“You have great timing don’t you?” She said

Jack laughed a little “Seem too huh?” Jack reached up to wipe her tears from her eyes but Martha stopped him and moved away a bit.

“Don’t Jack” She said quietly

“Sorry” He said a little hurt and upset he really couldn’t touch her anymore and that hurt a lot more than expected.

“You came here to talk about that baby and that’s it” Martha stated coldly

“Yeah, so I’ll come to appointments and stuff like that until its born and then when its born I’ll just visit as much as I can” Jack said a little excited.

Martha moved awkwardly and looked at Jack, he looked excited about the baby and she couldn’t figure out why. He should be annoyed about this he shouldn’t want it she thought to herself. Martha decided that she was going to do the only thing she could to protect herself and the baby being hurt.

“This is going to sound harsh” Martha said quietly

“What is” Jack asked a little worried

“Umm. You know what don’t worry” She couldn’t do it

“No, tell me”

“Umm… it’s nothing”

“It was something, tell me Martha”

“Ok mm… I just think that umm… ok I don’t want this baby to feel like its second best” She stammered around finally getting the words out.

“What? id never do that” he screeched at her

“You say that now jack but… I mean sooner or later… its just you have a family with Sam, Rory and the baby, and its only natural that they come first, but my mum instincts right now are telling me to protect my baby” She said quietly hers eyes welling up with tears once again

“From what? me?” he asked shocked

“From being hurt by you” she blurted out

“ I wouldn’t do that Martha!”

“Jack I just I dunno maybe it wont be forever I just think that for now it needs to be this way….. Jack?” She questioned

“Well it doesn’t really seem like I have a choice does it, I never have choice” he snapped spitefully

“What?” Martha said amazed at what he’d just implied

“You always seem to just decide for me!” he argued

“What about when you left me for Sam! Jack what about then, you had choice jack and you chose her, once again someone or something came first, and you didn’t even stop to think how much it would hurt me. You didn’t even try to fight for me!” she sobbed

“Martha I” Jack started, he felt bad for yelling at her and for once again making her cry.

“No jack, I don’t want this baby to know what it feels like to be second to everyone else, I never want it to feel like that….” Martha started

“It never will” Jack interrupted

“Yea jack I bet you thought id never know what it would feel like either did you?” She asked meanly

“I’m sorry, if there was anything I could do to fix it I would”

“Theres not jack, but you help me make it not happen to our baby” She begged

“Of course I’ll never do it”

“Jack I just I don’t trust that, I just… cant” She sobbed even more

“So what you really want me to stay away?”

“Yea I do, I don’t want you to come to the hospital either when It happens I don’t want you to come, it will just make it harder.” Martha finished

“Fine” Jack looked at her with his eyes filling with tears, how did he get here how did it get this bad how did he make so many mistakes with the woman he loved how did he hurt he so bad? He turned and walked to the door. Then turned back.

“You know I never stopped loving you Martha and I never will.”

Martha looked at him with tears streaming down her face

“Its just not enough anymore is it? Too much has happened, too many mistakes.” She asked choking on her tears

He shook his head and walked out the door.

i know i know you all hate me lol :P

Tifffff...you made me cry :( Your mean. Jack is a big bum head. Poor Martha. Why does everyone have to be mean to her. Why cant everyone just make her happy <_< But thankyou for updating. Great chapt. I dont like Sam :angry:

More please :)

i know i know you all hate me lol :P

lol, no I don't hate you, ok, maybe just a bit, it's hard to hate you when you wrote it all so brilliantly. I wish Sam would just go away, but only in this fic, not on the show.

I hope Martha lets Jack in soon, the baby needs him, even if he is a jerk right now who can't make up his mind.

Can't wait for more.

Archived