Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why does everyone who writes these damn fics put a really sweet lovely chapter in and finish it with:

Next Chapter: is it too soon for them will they crash and burn AGAIN?

I mean come on! Give us a break, we were starting to enjoy the mushy stuff :P

Great chapter Tiff! :)

Bless Jack for doing that really long speech, he really does love Martha. I hope it works out for them this time :)

Next Chapter: is it too soon for them will they crash and burn AGAIN?

Do you know what that made me think of? Busted, thats right that Busted! And their stupid song, 'You Said No' - the one about the disco that had that line in it 'I Crashed and Burned...' Argh Tiff I'm singing it now!

Anyways back on topic. Aww cute, they're moving in together. I bet Jack goes and stuffs it up though, because that's the jerk he is...Madyson sounds so sweet, I bet she has Jack's smile :P

Update soon Tiffybee :P:wink:

well this chapter is for JTH and Tasha lol :P... oooooo and you sooooooooooooooooooo do not win lol you sooo still owe me like at least one lol i think... i hope lol :P... well im going to like write 3 chapters really close together so instead of just winning i kick your arse lol :P Tiff=100000000 JTH= 2 (i decided to write 2 you've been on 1 for like the past forevers) lol :P well i hope you all like it lol :P

Chapter 17

Martha was sitting up in her hospital bed it was two days after she’d had Madyson and everyone was so excited and glad that Jack and her were back together, but Martha wasn’t sure it wasn’t that she didn’t love Jack anymore, cause she did. She was just so afraid that something was going to go wrong, and that she would have that horrible feeling again. That feeling that something in her life was missing someone to be more precised, and that someone always seemed to be Jack no matter how much she tried to deny it. It all just felt rushed to her.

“Hey Mac” Tash said cheerily as she walked through the door

Martha just kept looking out the window, she was too lost in her thoughts and worries to even realize Tasha.

“MAC” she said louder

“O hey” Martha said being pulled from her thoughts.

“What’s up I thought you be excited like Jack he has pretty much told everyone you and Madyson are moving in with him he’s so excited” Tash said happily

“Yeah” Martha said distracted

“What’s wrong Mac, and don’t say nothing I know you and something isn’t right” Tash said now worried.

“Umm… you don’t want to know” Martha replied saddened, everyone would hate her if she crushed Jacks hopes.

“I’m sure I do. Is it about Jack?”

“Yeah, am I taking things to fast Tash?” Martha asked worried and trying to contain her tears.

“No, he’s your husband and you just had a baby, this is going to work Martha” Tash said encouragingly

“How do you know that? What if it crashes and burns again? What if he leaves me again? I just how do I trust him again?” Martha started shooting off questions.

“What do you mean? You don’t trust him?” Tasha asked

“I don’t know how can I? I mean he, he left me for someone else, how do I forget that?”

“Have you talked to Jack about this?” Tash questioned, if Martha pulled out it was going to break his heart.

“No, and I can’t like you said he’s so excited, and I can’t do that to him I love him to much, that’s the thing I can’t hurt him, but he’s done things knowing they would hurt me so many times, if he loved me he wouldn’t be able to do that.” Martha said with tears in her eyes.

“He loves you Martha” She reassured

“How do you know? I just, I don’t know how I can be with him again” Martha said

Tash pulled Martha into a hug, and held her until she stopped crying.

Later That Day

“Hey Beautiful, what are you doing the room is all set up, it looks so good, if I do say so myself” Jack said cockily as he walked over and kissed Martha, and then looked at Madyson sleeping in her crib.

“Thanks” Martha said

“What’s wrong? Do you feel sick?” Jack asked worried

“Umm… Yea I have a bit of a headache but I’ll be fine” Martha lied

“Oh that’s no good well can I do anything?” Jack asked helpfully

“No thanks , I’m sure I’ll live” Martha said

“Ok” Jack said.

Jack had been there for a few hours now just holding Madyson and trying to start conversations with Martha but they didn’t seem to be working to well. Martha was staring out the window trying to think of ways to tell Jack that maybe she shouldn’t move in with him yet, or maybe she should move in as a friend first, and see how things went from there. But everytime she would get enough courage to do it she would always picture Jacks face and then she couldn’t do it.

“Babe, are you sure it’s just a headache?” Jack asked

Martha kept staring out the window trying to ignore Jack’s last question she hated lying to him

“Babe?” Jack questioned

“What huh?” Martha pretended not to hear hoping he wouldn’t repeat it.

“You know you have been a mile away for a few hours now, how about you tell me what’s really wrong? Its more than a headache, and don’t try and tell me it is” Jack said worried

“No really, I’m fine it’s just I, I guess I’m just still trying to get my head around being a mum” Martha lied again.

“That’s not it cause the only time your yourself is when your with Madyson” Jack stated

“Jack” Martha said

“No seriously, what is it?” Jack asked, he was beginning to get worried

“It’s nothing Jack can we just drop it?” Martha asked annoyed

“Ok fine, but I’m here for you and when your ready to tell me, I will be too, and after you tell me, nothing could make me not love you or want to be with you, ok?” Jack said lovingly and then gave her a reassuring kiss on the cheek “Ok now I’m going to go and get a coffee you need anything?” Jack asked.

“No thanks” Martha said still distracted, Jack sighed and walked out of the room with Madyson in his arms.

Martha watched him walk out, and then she started to cry uncontrollably.

Two Days Later

Martha still hadn’t told Jack what was wrong and she was still dreading when she’d have to go home with him but she decided that she was going to put her little girl first. Madyson needed to have both of her parents, she needed them to be happy, Martha knew she was in love with Jack she just needed to learn how to trust him again and there was no reason why she couldn’t do that while they were together, right?

“Good morning everyone how are we all?” Dr. Anderson said happily as he entered the hospital room

“Good” Jack and Martha answered in unison

“Ok well I just need to give mum and bubba one last check up, and then you two can go home with dad” He smiled at Jack

The doctor had just finished checking Martha and the baby.

“Ok well you two are both fit and healthy, and Martha by the looks of things your going to be one of those mums that everyone hates and goes back into shape straight away” He joked

“Well I’d love her even if she didn’t” Jack smiled kissing her cheek

“Thanks, so when can we go home” Martha said quickly changing the subject

“Right now, I will just get the nurse to get you the discharge forms and then you can leave this place and hopefully not have to come back for awhile unless you two are planning another one any time soon” He joked

“Well hopefully it won’t be long” Jack said happily as the doctor left the room.

“Well I’m not doing that again for awhile so maybe you should find a new wife to do it for you” Martha joked

“Ah that’s what you say now but I bet when we get home you wont be able to resist me long enough to object” Jack said smugly

“Jack I just had a baby we’re not having sex for awhile alright?” She said annoyed

“Yeah, I was joking” Jack said a little shocked

“Well don’t” Martha snapped

Jack nodded and the started to pack all of Martha’s and Madyson’s things into the bag, while Martha got dressed

Next Chapter: Martha and Madyson come home, and will Martha tell Jack her fears about there marriage, and who comes to the bay

Archived