Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok well considering you all hated me last time i posted im guessing your going to hate me more this time sorry guys lol... ive been putting off posting it lol well i hope you all enjoy lol please read and review lol

Chapter 11

Jack turned in the direction of the bathroom and let out a loud sigh. He walked up to the door and knocked.

“Baby can you please let me in? I just want to talk to you and make sure your ok” Jack begged. Martha didn’t say anything she just sat there crying.

“Omg Martha it’s not his fault, he didn’t do anything wrong. If you keep acting like this you’ll lose him again” Martha snapped at herself.

“Ok I’m going to watch some TV. When your ready I’ll be here ok? I love you babe,” Jack said lovingly. Jack then walked out to the lounge room and switched the TV on. He then fell back onto the couch. “How did so much change since this morning? I hope she still wants to be with me, I love her too much to lose her again,” he thought to himself. He closed his eyes and sighed.

Martha walked out into the lounge room and saw Jack lying there. She walked over to the couch quietly and moved on top of Jack. She placed her head on his chest and put her arms around him tightly. Jack’s eyes shot open, he smiled down at his beautiful wife and then wrapped his arms around her tightly.

“I didn’t think you’d want to talk to me, let alone touch me,” Jack said quietly.

“It’s not your fault, if its anyone’s its mine” Martha sighed

“What? Yours?” Jack asked confused.

“Well, if I hadn’t of left you. Sam wouldn’t be pregnant” She said quietly

“It’s not your fault babe, it just happened.” Jack said playing with her hair to try and soothe her crying. “And I want you to know, that Sam being pregnant doesn’t change how much I love you, or how much I want to be with you. I love you so much.” Jack told her reassuringly.

“It doesn’t for me either me either, of course id always hoped I’d be the one to have your babies, but I guess it doesn’t matter.” Martha said sadly.

“Hey” Jack said pushing her chin up so she would look at him. “We are still going to have kids together babe,” Jack said to her assertively

“But its not going to be the same is it? You will have gone through it all before and I won’t have. It just wont be as special” Martha said looking away to hide the hurt in her eyes.

“It will be special. Because the baby will be a part of both of us, and will have been made on love” Jack said trying to cheer her up

“Yeah, I guess” She sighed not convinced.

“I promise it will be, so are you ok with this whole Sam thing?” Jack asked

“As ok as can be expected I guess, what about you?” Martha replied

“Yea I’m ok too, everything will be ok I promise”

“mmm… I hope so” Martha said snuggling into Jack’s chest.

Three Weeks Later

Jack had talked to Sam a fair bit and had been helping out a lot with things like the shopping, picking Rory up from school and the cleaning. Martha and him had had a few fights about it, but she only had a problem with I’m doing it when he was meant to be with her. He’d been late for a dinner at Tony and Beth’s last week. Martha had been upset about it for a few days, but then forgave, and he’d promised it wouldn’t happen again.

“Jack, babe you’ll be late for work if you don’t hurry!” Martha called “Remember we’re having Tony, Beth, Belle, Luc, Ric, Mattie and Rob and Tash over for dinner tonight. Everyone will be here at 7 and so will you right?” Martha said flatly as he walked into the room.

“Yes baby, I will be here, my shift finishes at 6 so I will even be here earlier ok. Quarter past 6 not a minute later ok I promise” Jack told her as he kissed her goodbye. “Bye, love you” Jack called running out the door.

“Love you too” Martha replied.

It was 6.45 and Jack still wasn’t home, he hadn’t even called to say he’d be late wither, and Martha was beginning to get really angry, well more upset than angry. She just hoped he wasn’t where she thought he was again. She was putting the last few things on the table and expecting everyone to arrive soon.

“Knock, knock” Robbie and Tash called as they walked through the door with baby Ella.

“Hey guys, come in, o hello Ella did you miss me gorgeous?” Martha cooed at her goddaughter. Rob and Tash laughed at Martha and then sat down and started talking.

“So where’s that husband of yours Mac?” Rob asked

“Good question Rob. But your guess is as good as mine, he should’ve been home 45 minutes ago but you can never rely on what he says anymore” She said annoyed.

Just then the others all arrived and Martha got up to greet them. Rob and Tash looked at each worried but then got up to do the same.

“Dinners ready so we can start right away” she said hugging Ric.

“Where’s Jack shouldn’t we wait for him?” Luc asked.

“Nope, his fault he’s 45 minutes late so he can have a cold dinner for all I care” she said flatly.

“Um… Ok” Luc, said a little confused.

Everyone had finished dinner, and were now just sitting there talking. Jack still wasn’t home and it was 8.30. Martha felt herself getting more and more upset by the minute, she knew what it meant.

“Hey everyone, sorry I’m late” Jack called as he walked through the door with Rory following close behind. Martha got up and started clearing the table.

“Hey mate, where have you been? Hey Rory what are you doing her little man? Tony asked the both of them.

“Hey Tony, mum’s sick” Rory sat and then sat on the couch and began playing his game boy.

“Sam’s not feeling too well so I said Rory could stay here tonight” Jack explained.

“Hey babe” Jack called to Martha. She looked up at him and smiled sarcastically and walked off into the bathroom.

“I’ll be back in a minute” Jack excused himself.

Jack walked into the bathroom to find Martha sitting on the edge of the bath, with tears in her eyes.

“I’m sorry I’m late” Jack apologized moving closer to her to touch her.

“Don’t Jack” She said moving further away. “So you were late cause you were with her again” Martha said quietly and with hurt in her voice.

“Oh, Martha she called me cause she was sick and she needed help with Rory” Jack said.

“It’s always something or someone that’s more important Jack” Martha said wiping her eyes and walking out to the others.

“So… Who’s up for dessert?” Martha asked everyone a little too cheerfully.

“Yes please” everyone answered except Rory.

“Rory do you want and sweetie?” She asked

“Um… Yes please”

“Ok” Martha said putting on a happy face for everyone, a face that everyone could see straight through.

Everyone had left now and Jack was playing game boy with Rory while Martha was cleaning up. They still hadn’t talked since the bathroom.

“Ok Rory, I suck at this we both know that. Now how about you go and have a shower?” Jack said.

“Umm… ok I guess” Rory said grabbing his pajamas and going to the bathroom. Jack walked over to Martha.

“Need any help?”

“No, thanks” Martha replied with that same hurt in her voice. Jack sensed it and it broke his heart that he’d hurt her so much.

“What can I do to make it all better babe?” Jack begged

“That’s the thing Jack I don’t think there’s anything you can do to make it all better you make promise after promise and you cant seem to keep any of them, your always breaking them and its always for her. And everytime you know it’s a choice between hurting me or Sam and she seems to win everytime” Martha said with tears rolling down her face. “And this is before the babies even here. I just think that maybe, maybe we’re trying to make something work that just can’t” She finished playing with her hands nervously.

“It will work you just need time to adjust” Jack said desperately.

“If you mean I need time to adjust to you breaking promises for her and not being home on time. I won’t get used to that, I shouldn’t have to.” She said looking straight at him with so much hurt.

“No that’s not what I mean… I dunno… maybe your right… maybe this thing with us won’t work… maybe I should just be with Sam and the baby” Jack finished looking down with tears in his eyes. He couldn’t believe what he’d just said he couldn’t believe he wasn’t even going to fight for her.

Martha looked up at Jack and smiled sadly, she had tears running down her cheeks and her voice was starting to get shaky.

“I never said you should be with Sam, but its obviously something you’ve thought about so. You know what? I’m going to make this really easy for you, there is no more us, I’m going to move out and we’re going to get on with our lives without eachother, and this time Jack I don’t want to be friends I just I cant be. I want you to just stay away from me ok” Martha finished looking at Jack who had tears in his eyes.

“It doesn’t mean I don’t love you” Jack said sadly.

“Yeah, but it doesn’t mean you do either does it?” Martha said sadly and left, she couldn’t believe he wasn’t even going to fight for her it was like he didn’t want her anymore. She walked out the door knowing nothing would ever be the same.

The Next Day

Martha sat nervously in the hospital waiting room.

“Martha Holden” Dr. Anderson called.

Martha smiled and walked into the room.

“Well your definitely pregnant Martha congratulations I’d say you’re just over a month pregnant” He said cheerfully.

Martha froze how was she going to tell Jack. Was she even going to tell him?

sorry guys lol

ok so i am posting this earlier than i thought i would lol tasha didnt want to wait lol... i hope you all like it lol... please read and review

Chapter 12

Martha had decided she would go to the diner and get something to eat, she had just come back from the doctors and was still a little shocked about the whole pregnancy thing. Martha walked into the diner and saw Rob and Tash she walked over to them.

“Hey guys” She said sitting down opposite them.

“Hey Mac” Tash said cheery

“Yeah, Hey Mac” Robbie said with not so much cheer.

“What’s up with him?” Martha asked.

“O I just told him we weren’t watching Star Wars again and now he’s sulking he’s worse than a two year old” Tash said laughing

“Am not” Robbie said stubbornly.

They both laughed at his immaturity.

“So how did your doctors appointment go?” Tash questioned

“Um… it was good he reckons I’m just eating something that doesn’t agree with me that’s all” Martha lied.

“Oh ok that good. So how was last night after we left?” Tash asked

Martha’s eyes started to well up with tears she got up and started to run out of the diner but knocked into someone.

“Oh sorry” She said not realizing who the person was.

“That’s… Martha oh are you ok?” Jack questioned referring to her tears. She just looked at him and realized Sam was with him, which made her more upset.

“Martha, Martha wait” Tash called out running after her. Martha just kept running until she collapsed on the beach crying. Tash caught up to her and pulled her into a tight hug and just waited until she calmed down. It took her about 15 minutes for the crying to settle and Tash just sat there with her the whole time. Martha slowly started to pull away from Tash.

“Sorry” Martha apologized.

“Don’t be silly, its fine, now how about you tell me what got you so worked up and why you didn’t talk to Jack back there?” Tash asked concerned.

“Me and Jack broke up last night, and now he’s with Sam” Martha said crying.

“Omg! It will all be ok I promise, and I’m sure Jack isn’t with Sam he loves you Mac” she said trying to make her feel better. “You two will sort it out” She added

“Tash he left me for Sam, that’s why we broke up cause he wants to be with Sam and the baby, well he thinks he should be with them” She said choking on her tears.

“And then this morning I found out I was pregnant” Martha said quietly “Please don’t tell anyone Tash not even Robbie I don’t think I’m going to tell Jack for a while if ever I might just go and live in the city or with my mum” Martha added.

“OMG Mac you have to tell Jack you can’t keep this from him. And you two can be together now he only wants to be with Sam cause of the baby now you are pregnant too he can be with you” Tash added happily.

“No Tash, he left me he chose her I’m never going to be with him again. I don’t want to be in a relationship just because of a baby and that’s final” She snapped and got up and walked fast off the beach.

One Month Later

Martha was sitting by the river thinking about what she was going to do. She was nearly 2 and a half months pregnant and she would soon start to show. She hadn’t told anyone but Tash about the pregnancy She had seen Jack a few times over the past month, mostly when he was on duty or at the beach with Sam and Rory. Tash had told Martha that Jack was going to stay away from the diner and surf club for awhile he didn’t want to “rub salt into the wounds” as he had told her.

“What are you thinking about?” Jack said “I can’t believe I’m talking to her she is going to go crazy at me any second I know it” Jack thought nervously.

“Jack, what are you doing here?” Martha asked shocked. “OMG how is it that even when I’m meant to hate him, he still manages to give me butterflies?” She asked herself

“I was on my way to… I was just walking by and I saw you and I thought I’d stop and say hello” Jack said correcting himself he couldn’t talk to her about Sam.

“You can say you were on your way to her house Jack, I don’t care” Martha said confidently trying to hide her hurt the truth was whenever anyone said her name it hurt and when Jack said it, it broke her heart.

“Yea I just thought it might make it awkward or uncomfortable” Jack said shifting on his feet awkwardly.

“What? You mentioning the women you left me for? No jack why on earth would that be awkward? Why would even coming and speaking to me be awkward right Jack?” Martha snapped angrily while standing up.

“Martha, I...” Jack started

“No, Jack you know what I told you it was going to be different this time. I told you I didn’t want to be friends. I told you I wanted to live my life without you, and I thought you’d got the message but turns out you haven’t but maybe now you will know to just leave me the hell alone” Martha ranted she didn’t realize she had a few tears running down her cheeks. She then realized and quickly wiped them away and stormed up towards her car.

Jack stood there shocked for a minute and the raced after her.

“Well I want to be friends, and even if your not my friend I’m yours so I’m going to stop when I’m walking by and say hello to you even if you don’t say anything back.” He said as a matter of factly.

“Look Jack, you left me, you are with Sam, and her baby. And you might think in your crazy mixed up head that I should be fine with that or be able to accept it or something, but I just I cant and quite frankly I don’t want to. I’m not going to stand here and swap hello’s and how are you’s and pretend to care about being your friend, and still being in your life, cause I don’t” Martha said looking away to stop the tears that wanted to come out her eyes.

“Then why are you nearly crying?” Jack asked quietly

“What? Jack do you want me to say I do care? Will that somehow make you happy? If I care that you left me? Ok yes Jack I care I care that you have somehow so easily pretty much forgot that we were ever married. And you know what that hurts so I’m not ok and I do care! There are you happy, o what am I saying of course your happy, cause once again you’ve managed to mess with me. So you know what you can take your fake friendship and pretending to care somewhere else, cause I don’t want it, and if you had of payed a single shred of attention to me in the last month or so of us being together you would’ve noticed me being sick a lot because I’m pregnant yea Jack it seems you were careless with two women not just one!” Martha snapped, got in her car and drove away. Leaving Jack standing there to think about how bad his choices had been recently.

“Wow I can not believe I just told him that.” Martha thought to herself as she drove home.

i hope you all enjoyed it :) xoxox

I loved that OMG. Go Martha. She Rocks. Take that Jacky, you suck. Sam sucks. And Martha deserves much better then you you bum head. You're just as bad as Ashton <_< but i still love you. Great chapt Tiff. Loved it :)

More please

Archived