Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me thinks I read that somewhere before :P I think anyway...maybe I'm just imagining things :unsure: All the same it was a fab chapter even if you let that happen :P

Please update soon, I haven't spoken to you on msn in a while :( Please update soon, great chapter

well this chapter is probaly longer enough to be two chapters but i couldnt cut it down... lol :P this chapter is also bribery for Paris to do something NICE in her fics.. here that paris NICE!! damn it. this is all i have written ahead again so i will have to start writting again :( lol :P well i hope you all like it :P

CHAPTER 8

Jack was just putting the finishing touches on the table all he had to do now was light a couple of candles then go get Martha. He was just about to light the last candle when there was a knock at the door.

“I thought I told you I’d pick you up” Jack called opening the door.

“Dad, what are you doing here I was just about to go get Martha, do you think it all looks good?” jack asked excitedly.

“Umm.. yea it looks good so your dates still going ahead then?” Tony asked worriedly.

“Yea, of course why wouldn’t it be?” Jack questioned.

“Umm… just something Martha said to Alf that’s all” Tony said a little concerned.

“What’d she say?”

“O umm…” Tony stuttered not wanting to say anything to hurt Jack.

“Dad, spit it out”

“She’d just said that you’d cancelled your date, and that she was going home to sleep, but the two seconds later she ran into me and told me she was just going to get changed then coming over here, but seen as though she’s not here...." Tony trailed off

“What? Why would she do that it doesn’t make sense... she as a little upset that we couldn’t do lunch but she seemed fine with it, narh you know she’s probably just waiting for me at her house to pick her up, I better go see ya dad” Jack called

Jack bounded up the steps at Sally’s he was extremely worried as to why Martha didn’t want to do it anymore cause she’d told Sally they’d cancelled it too. Martha was sitting on her bed looking out her window she’d just got out of the shower and was felling bad about standing jack up “but he so deserved it there is no way he can talk his way out of this” Martha thought. Then she noticed Jack standing at the door.

“Oi I thought I was picking you up from work and I did not except you to be in PJ’s but hey works for me” Jack asked happily hoping that maybe if he could just act like this she’d get changed and come.

“Well I decided not to come soo… you can go now” Martha snapped at him.

“What? Whats wrong?” Jack asked worried “Damn it what did you do already you idiot” Jack thought to himself

“I knew he’d come in acting all innocent” Martha thought

“Don’t act dumb, Jackass” Martha snapped again

“Ok I really have no idea what your talking about babe…” Jack said moving closer to her.

“Don’t call me babe, and defiantly don’t come near me” She snarled

“OK” He snapped moving backwards “Martha tell me Whats wrong?” Jack said getting annoyed that he was getting no where with her.

“Did you have fun?” Martha asked

“What? When?”

“Today, with Sam on the beach kissing and hugging you are such a jerk” She said with tears coming out of her eyes.

“No Martha its not what you thi…”

“Save it Jack” Martha snapped “Did you ever break up with her? Jack, if you don’t love me anymore I’ll understand you’ve just got to tell me and give me a chance to stop loving you” Martha said quietly with tears streaming down her face.

“Oh babe of course I love you, I…”

“Just love her more?” Martha interrupted

“I don’t love h..”

“Then why Jack why did you kiss her and why die you lie?” Martha again interrupted

“I didn’t…”

“Jack I saw you!” Martha yelled

“Are you going to let me explain or just keep interrupting me all night?” Jack yelled

“Whatever”

“You know if we were on my rules from the other night I would’ve had like 5 kisses by now”

“JACK!” Martha yelled

“Ok Ok, I had to give Sam a credit card, because now work pays for everything. She cant work at the hospital anymore, its to much of a giveaway. She hugged me to say thank you, then I told her I still wanted to protect her and Rory and that I still cared about them a lot” Martha scoffed and rolled her eyes.

“Then she kissed me I was shocked, but when I realized what she was doing, I pushed her away” Jack explained taking Martha’s hands in his.

“And I told her that if she ever did that again I wouldn’t be able to see her anymore because I love you too much to risk losing you again, I love you and I would never do anything like that to you, ever” Jack finished.

“Oh” was all Martha could get out “Damn it I jumped to conclusions again, if I hadn’t of turned away so quickly or went and talked to him about it straight away I wouldn’t have been sitting here crying for ages” Martha scolded herself.

“I’m sorry,” Martha said quietly

“I should’ve believed you wouldn’t do that to me” she continued.

“Well I think I can forgive you, if you do two things for me” Jack said raising his eyebrow.

“Jack I’m not having sex with you”. Martha smirked

“Get your mind out of the gutter Mackenzie” Jack joked.

“Holden” Martha said

“huh?” jack asked confused

“You said, “get your mind out if the gutter Mackenzie”, you should have said Holden” Martha smiled sweetly.

Jack smiled at her

“Get your mind out of the gutter Holden” Jack said happily

“Right so what are these two things I have to do?” Martha questioned

“The first thing you have to do is kiss me and not on the cheek either” Jack smirked

Martha lent in to him, she then grabbed either side of his face and pulled his head down so she could kiss his forehead.

“There you go” She smirked

“That was mean, and an extremely lame kiss, but its ok cause I’ll get a better one later” Jack joked

“Good luck, buddy” Martha laughed.

“And the second thing is you have to come on our date” Jack smiled at her

“But its already soooo late” She said trying to make it sound like she didn’t want to go when truth be told she was extremely excited.

“Come on you agreed and I think you’ll like it, it may even get me lucky” Jack joked as he grabbed her hand and pulled her out of her room.

“I seriously doubt that” Martha retaliated

Martha got out of Jacks car, they had been listening to his crappy music the whole way over. Everytime she tried to changed it he would sing really loud over what ever she changed it too in the end she realized she wasn’t going to win and hey at least the people in his music weren’t completely tone deaf like him.

“Did we really need to listen to that crap?” Martha whinged as she walked into the house. She then saw the lounge room and table.

“Oh My God, Jack this is gorgeous, its looks just like… Oh My God your soo sweet thank you” She said shocked and walked up and kissed him on the lips.

“Your welcome, and don’t think that that’s the better kiss it’s a step up but I will get a better one” He joked.

“Yeah, Yeah so you keep telling me” She rolled her eyes secretly she knew he was right if he kept this up it was going to take all Martha’s self control not to drag him off to the bedroom.

Later that Night

“You wanted me bad, don’t try to deny it everyone could see it” Jack said

“Oh please all I wanted from you is for you to leave me alone” Martha joked

“Well aren’t you glad I didn’t” Jack smiled

“Very, and secretly I may have wanted you bad, but if you ever tell anyone I will deny it” she smiled.

“Ha I knew it!” Jack pointed he was stoked she’d finally admitted it.

“Knew what? I don’t know what your talking about!” She joked

“Whatever you said it and you know you did” Jack smiled at her “God she’s beautiful I’m so glad she’s mine again” Jack thought to himself

Martha could tell what Jack was thinking about. She smiled at him.

“I’m glad too” She smiled at him

“How did you know that’s what I was thinking about?”

“Just did,” She said staring into his eyes.

“I love you so much” Jack said

“I love you too, and I’m sorry for everything I swear I’ll never walk out on you again” She said quietly.

“You shouldn’t have said that now your mine forever” Jack smiled

“I don’t mind” She answered

Martha and Jack were lying on the couch watching a movie, well they were actually kissing but they were meant to be watching a movie.

Jack pulled away “I told you I would get a better kiss” Jack smirked

“Yeah well I can stop all the kisses from happening from now on if you don’t shut up?” She threatened

“Shutting up right now” Jack said and returned to kissing her.

“You know its 1 o’clock in the morning I should really get home” Martha said against his lips.

“Why don’t you just stay here?” Jack said

“Because we’re taking things slow and that would not be taking things slow”

“What and you call this taking things slow?” Jack pointed out “Taking it slow has never been our thing” Jack finished

“And look were it got us, Now come on your taking me home” She stated getting up and straightening up her clothes.

“You know just cause you stay here the night doesn’t mean we have to have sex, again get your mind out of the gutter Holden” Jack joked

“Shut up and get your keys” Martha snarled jokingly

“O you know what damn, I’ve had a few drinks… and so have you… looks like your stranded for the night…” Jack smirked

“O crap your right, well… looks like you got the couch” Martha joked

“You’re kidding right? You’re seriously not going to spend the night with me?” Jack asked shocked

“Your and idiot and you need to learn how to take a joke, but I’m still not having sex with you Jack” Martha laughed

“You also said I wasn’t going to get a better kiss” Jack smirked

Martha laughed and went into Jack’s room and got out one of his shirts.

“I’m just going to have a shower k?” Martha called

“Ok I’ll be in, in a second” Jack joked

Martha just laughed

it hasnt been proofed soo... sorry if theres heaps of mistakes lol :P

Archived