Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, that was great and def not boring. Jack is awesome, Martha with another guy, why doesnt that surprise me, i wish she did put up a fight though, then Jacky could of arrested her :P Great chapter. Cant wait for more :D

More please

i agree with tasha it would have been funny! :P really good update hopefully they kiss....:wub:

well heres the next chapter sorry its soo short i'll try and put another on up later lol :) hope you all like it!

CHAPTER 4

Martha was fighting Jack to sit in the front he had told her she had to sit in the back and she was telling him that she was sitting in the front or she wasn’t getting in the car. Martha was just about to snap at Jack when Robbie interrupted

“Hey Jack it’s alright we can take her home me and Tash didn’t drink so we could look after this one and make sure she didn’t do anything stupid seems like it’s a 2 person job these days” he joked

Martha darted him an evil look then looked back at Jack

“I told him I had a ride home but no Jerk off over there decided I had to police car and not to mention I had to sit in the back like a criminal!” she yelled

“Yea Jack its really ok we’ve got her we’ll make sure she get home safely without doing anything stupid or something she’ll regret in the morning” Tash said sweetly

“Don’t you think it’s a little bit too late for that now, she was just upstairs making out with some random dude I had to make up some story about ID’s to get her to stop sucking face with the freak! Don’t you think she’d regret that in the morning” Jack yelled back o crap jack thought did I just say that aloud Martha is going to jump down my throat any second now

“WHAT! You made up some story about ID’s why on earth would you do that you idiot, so what Jack you don’t want me but no one else can have me or what Jack is it just that you don’t want me to be happy or is it that fact that your not happy unless I’m miserable” she yelled “Well, which one is it Jack or is it a combination of all three you know what I have no idea what I saw in you in the first place you’re a jerk! I was right about you when you first came to town you’re a pig headed, two-faced JERK! She screamed

“It’s none of them you idiot, I’m still in love with you how can you not see that!” he yelled back

She slowly turned to look at him

“Ooo this is better than the OC” Robbie said to Tasha clearly amused

“Shhhh” Tasha scolded

“What” Martha asked quietly “How can you say that you are such an arse how can you now try to tell me that you love me, two weeks ago I told you I loved you and you came over and gave me attitude about how I was such a cow, pretty much. And then told me you just wanted to be friends cause you were happy with Sam so how on earth can you stand there and tell me your in love with me what is this just another one of your sick ways to mess with my heart? If you love me so much then why are you with Sam when you know very well you can have me”. She yelled back she knew that she was taking it too far but the alcohol was making her crazy.

Jack stood there looking at her he didn’t know what to say how long had she thought that all he was doing was messing with her? Why wouldn’t she believe him? But worst of all he couldn’t give her a straight answer he couldn’t tell her about Sam, she trusted him to not tell anyone he’d already broken that promise he’d told peter and him and peter were secretly working on trying to figure out how they could track down her ex husbands thugs. But he couldn’t tell Martha that could put her in danger as well and he wasn’t willing to do that.

“Its complicated you wouldn’t understand” Jack finally replied

“No you know what Jack I don’t think you understand I don’t think you understand what the word love means or what it feels like when you love someone cause if you understood it you wouldn’t be willing to throw the word around so carelessly, you know what maybe you never loved me maybe you were just confused the whole time we were together that would explain why I was always second to your work” she replied saddened at what she’d just realized maybe Jack never loved her maybe he just thought he did maybe he’d never been in love before so he didn’t know how it was meant to feel. She was just about to walk away when she turned around and walked back to him

"I’ve been keeping these in my wallet since I took them off I wanted to have them with me all the time even if I couldn’t wear them I’d hoped that maybe one day we’d finally sort things out and you'd want me back” she took two shiny rings out of her wallet and put them in jacks hands

“But I cant wait for that day anymore cause I realized something. Theres always going to be something or someone you have to save and to you there always going to be more important. I deserve to come first Jack I want to come first and maybe you’ll meet someone one day that you love enough to put first I guess I’m just not that person” she said quietly through her tears she then turned and walked away.

Jack stood there stunned go after her you idiot! no you cant, you’ll end up doing something to jeopardize the case I’ll explain after we catch him surely she’ll understand. Robbie and Tash stood there

“What are you doing?” Tasha questioned him

“What do you mean”

“If you love her why don’t you go after her and make her listen”

“Like I said Tash it’s complicated”

Tasha glared at him and went after Martha

“Jerk” she muttered as she ran off

i know its short lol and not very well written lol :P but ill put a new one up later

That was great, Martha sounded quite mature in that chapter, and Jack is a JERK, both Tash and Martha were right, J-E-R-K! Hope he realises what he is doing to his and Martha's relationship.

Please update soon, fab chapter

There you go Becky lol :D hope you all like it sorry if its not proofed very well but becky wouldnt let up lol :P

CHAPTER 5

It was three and a half hours after the fight and Jack was still walking around wondering what to do.

“Should I break up with Sam? Could I protect her without being with her? Would she let me? Why can’t someone just tell me what to do” he muttered to himself out loud. He didn’t realize someone was behind him.

“Yes, you should and she would let you” Sam said with teary eyes

She’d been worried about Jack and she was on her way walking to his house and she saw him on the beach it was now 6.30 and the sun was up and it was begging to heat up again.

“Sam, o hey sorry I didn’t see you there” he mumbled

“Your still in love with her aren’t you?”

“I never meant to hurt you and I really did think that I was over her, you know? And then it all started to hit me again and I couldn’t sleep and, and then she told me she loved me, and, I still want to be there for you and Rory I just. I have to put her first I cant keep hurting her, do you hate me? He said staring into her eyes

“I know you didn’t mean to hurt me Jack and of course I don’t hate you. And if we’re being really honest, I always knew you still loved her, the way you looked at her when you thought no one was watching, and the way your face lit up when someone mentioned her name. I just had hoped it would fade over time, but now I can see that’s not going to happen. I’m happy for you you’ve found the one person you want to spend the rest of your life with. And I know you’ll do the right thing by Rory and I.” She said calmly

“Thanks Sam and I will still protect you guys I really do care about you and Rory, its just with Martha it’s… I guess its just love, but I doubt she’ll ever talk to me again after our fight last night”

“She loves you Jack and you love her, just try and put her before work, O and maybe keeping your promises would be a good thing to do aswell” She joked

“Yea thanks Sam, and thank you for understanding, well I got to go I’ll see you late though ok?” he called running off. Ok so that was easier than I first expected but I know the next step is going to be a lot harder theres no way she will come back to me without a fight. Jack thought but it’s a fight I’m determined to win he said to himself.

Jack was walking to Martha’s to tell her everything he just hoped that she would take him back. Jack decided he wouldn’t knock he knew that Martha would have told them not to let him in. so instead he climbed up into Ric’s room and then walked across the hall to Cassie and Martha’s room. He was staring at the door wondering what he was going to say when he got in there.

“Just tell her everything, I hope she understands, damn it what if she doesn’t, ok pull yourself together just go in there and be honest, ok just knock” He thought to himself

“Um who is it?” Martha called it was obvious she’d been upset.

“It’s Jack, but please let me in I know your probably mad and upset but please” he begged

“Just go away Jack” Martha sighed

Jack opened the door and walked in closing it behind him

“So it would’ve been nice if you had of said I could come in, but I was always coming in anyway. Because it is extremely hard to climb up a down pipe in a police uniform, you know theres a reason why there called down pipes. Cause things are only meant to go down them, not up. And I wasn’t about to let my efforts go to waste cause your too stubborn to talk to me” he stated simply

“Why did you climb… ok you know what I don’t want to know. What exactly do you want Jack?”

“To talk to you”

“Jack I, I cant do this anymore theres no point we just end up fighting and I’m not really up for round 101 just yet”

“Ok well then let’s make rules” Jack suggested

“Huh?” she asked confused

“Well were not aloud to talk when the other one is talking if you interrupt me then I get to umm… hmmm… what do I want to do… kiss you” he stated smugly

“That would be cheating Assface” she snarled

“Now look if we had of started with the rules you and I would be kissing right now” he smirked

“Ok whatever what do I get if you interrupt me?” Martha wanted to know

“What do you want”

“If you interrupt me you leave straight away!”

“Ok fine but I get to start ok?”

“Fine”

“I left Sam, I’m in love with you, I have been the whole time but Sam is in heaps of danger her ex husband is in jail, cause she testified against him. He’s angry and he’s a really powerful man he’s got people out there looking for Sam well Kylie is her real name and Rory they want her to pay for making him go to jail she’s had to move every 6 months since he went to jail 10 years ago. I was trying to help her with Peter but I thought I had to be with her to protect her and Rory I thought she wouldn’t let me protect them if I didn’t and it would’ve jeopardized the case if she decided to run again. But she has said that she will let me protect her and Rory even if we weren’t together.” Jack finished

Martha looked at him shocked she was speechless.

“So we can be together now” he added

She just starred at him

“Martha” he asked a little bit worried about her reaction

“Sooo now Sam says its ok we can be together but only if it doesn’t jeopardize the case?” She said slowly stunned at his stupidity.

“Yeah isn’t it great” Jack said cluelessly

“I don’t think you get what your saying Jack. Once again you have managed to put you work and other people before us before me. This is exactly what we were fighting about when we were together, Jack when am I going to come first when are we going to be your number one priority” Martha asked with tears welling up in her eyes.

“That’s why I’m doing this now that’s why I’m putting you first that’s why I ended things with Sam she only told me after she knew I was going to break up with her that she would still stick around. This is me putting you first, putting us first.” He told her, putting his hands around her waist from behind.

“Jack coming over here saying all those nice things touching me like this its. It’s not going to solve everything.” Martha whispered.

“I know, I know but I really want to make this work, I feel empty without you” Jack told her softly

“I think we should take things slow you know, kinda start from the begging get it right this time” Martha said turning and looking into his eyes.

“Ok whatever I just want to be with you” Jack told her still gripping her waist he tilted her head up and kissed her softly on the lips.

“I love you I always have and I always will. Never forget that.” He told her

“Me too” She replied

“Ok well seen as though we’re taking it slow I better go before I lose all self control. You know you didn’t interrupt me once that whole time. Didn’t want to kiss me that much huh?” Jack joked

She just smiled at him

“Well I’m going to go now but I’ll see you later on?” Jack asked

“Yea sounds good” she smiled

“Ok well bye” he kissed her on the cheek and walked to the door “I love you” he said turning back to her.

“I love you too” she replied

“Bye” he called

“Bye” she replied back

Martha feel back onto her bed she was so happy at how well that had gone. For the first time in months she as genuinely happy, she had everything she wanted, everything she needed, and this time she was not going to stuff it up.

well thats the last of the ones i have written ahead so i'll have to start writting again damn lol

Archived