Second Best

Guest gawguss_tiff

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i just proofed this and relised how uneventful this was lol so its kind boring but i'll porbaly post the next chapter later tonight maybe but i couldnt be bothered proofing it right now thank you for all your reviews they were great lol and sorry for leaving it where it was lol wel i hope you like it but as i said its pretty boring lol

CHAPTER 3

Two Hours Later

Jack was still sitting in the same spot at the beach, he couldn’t believe it. Had that really just happened? Did she really just admit that she was still in love with him? He knew he was still in love with her but could he really forgive her for leaving him and for Ash what was he thinking of course he could he was in love with her. But damn it he thought I cant be with her Sam and Rory need me to protect them. But could he really sacrifice his own happiness for Sam. All he knew was he had to go and talk to Martha and it had to be tonight.

Martha was up in her room crying she couldn’t believe she had just done that she’d ruined everything when they were together and now she’d managed to ruin their friendship. “He’s never going to want to talk to me again” she thought to herself through her sobs. She suddenly fell quiet she heard voices downstairs.

“Hey Alf how are you?” Jack asked

“Yea not to bad thanks jack what can I do for you?” he questioned

“O is Martha here?”

“Yea she’s up in her room she’s not in a good mood I think she’s been crying she kicked me out of her room before so just be careful she doesn’t bite your head off” Alf joked

“O ok thanks” jack called walking up the stairs great he thought this night has sucked.

Damn it Martha thought what am I going to do he can’t come in she panicked and locked the door jack heard the switch and sighed.

“Knock knock Martha you in here?” he questioned pretending not to hear the switch he then jiggled the door and tried to open it

“Umm Martha I think you accidentally locked the door, can you let me in, please? We need to talk” practically begging her

“Now’s not really a good time for me?” she said but choked a little on her tears

“Please let me in, please”

She knew Jack, he wasn’t going to give up anytime soon so she got up and flicked the lock then resumed her spot on the bed. Jack walked in and shut the door behind him.

“Hey”

“Hi” Martha muttered she really didn’t want to do this

“So this has been an eventful day me and you nearly kiss, we find out about Ash and then you tell me your still in love with me” he joked trying to lighten the mood

“Yea sorry bout the last one that wasn’t fair your happy now” well hey at least I didn’t imagine the kiss maybe this chat will go better than I think she thought

“I just want to say sorry about the way I acted at the beach its just what you said was the last thing in the world I was expecting to come out of your mouth, I mean you left me you told me you didn’t love me anymore you slept with my best mate I mean we were well and truly…” jack said getting caught up in the moment and letting a bit of anger show but Martha interrupted

“Ok Jack we both know what happened surprisingly this is not making me feel better”

“Right, sorry” he replied I cant believe I’m about to do this, my life sucks I have the woman of my dreams telling me she loves me and wants me back and that she made a mistake and I’m going to reject her for Sam! Well here goes nothing.

“It’s just I’m with Sam and I’m happy she was there for me when you weren’t you left me when I needed you the most I cant just forget that and I know I wasn’t husband of year but I didn’t deserve what you did even if it was a mistake.” Again letting anger out he didn’t know he had.

“I know and I’m sorry” she replied trying to stop her tears but one fell down her cheek.

“I just want to be friends is that ok with you?”

I cannot believe I just said all that of course I can forgive her I’m in love with her I cant just be friends with her today was the first time they’d been alone since he got out of hospital and he’d tried to kiss her and that was before he knew she was in love him. “How in the hell am I going to do this?” he thought

“Yea of course it is I understand” she said the tears finally cascading down her face.

“I’m sorry,” he said sympathetically

“O no I’m fine but um could you please go I’m really tired and I just want to go to sleep”

“Um. Yea. Ok.” Jack walked to the door

By the time he got there Martha was facing the wall he turned and looked back at her he couldn’t believe he had just hurt her so much for a girl he didn’t even love. He turned to look at her and then he whispered “I love you too” and turned and walked out even though he knew he would regret it.

TWO WEEKS LATER

Martha had been avoiding Jack the whole time they’d seen each other a fair few times but she always managed to get away and the one time she was panicking that she didn’t have an excuse he was with Sam and Rory and he wasn’t that mean as too come and talk to her that would just be like rubbing salt into a wound, and even though it killed her to see him with her she was relieved it meant they didn’t have some awkward conversation, and pretend like nothing had changed.

Martha was at home getting ready to go to a party with Rob and Tasha they had come back from Boston because they missed everyone too much and they didn’t want Ella to feel like she was around strangers when the came back. She’d told them everything that had happened, she was relived that they were back she needed Tasha. She was pulled out of her thoughts by Robbie

“Knock knock” he called as him and Tash strolled into the house.

“O hey I just got to find my shoes then we can leave k?”

“Sounds good” Tash called

It was 2am and Jack and Fitsy had just got a call out about an out of hand party so they were off too close it down. He hated doing stuff like this cause he knew how annoyed he used to get when cops used to close his parties down especially when they weren’t doing anything wrong but it was his good so he had to take the good with the bad. Him and Fitsy got out of the car and made their way upstairs. They walked into the apartment and Jack looked down to the couch and there Martha was making out with some random guy he’d never seen in his life. At that moment he got a sudden rush of jealously he had to stop them NOW!

“Ok parties over, guys time to leave, or we’ll start checking Id’s” Fitsy called

No one moved they all just kept dancing and Martha and this guy kept going at it jack did the only thing he could think of at the time he walked over there and tapped the guy on the shoulder

“ID please” he asked smugly the guy had stopped kissing Martha and he was extremely pleased with himself.

“Jack don’t be stupid you can tell he’s over 18” Martha slurred

“ID please” Jack asked again

“Yep sure”

The guy handed him his ID, jack wasn’t expecting that to be that easy he had hoped the guy wouldn’t have it and then he might have been able to take him to the station or something.

“Thanks mate” Jack said kindly

The guy then reached for Martha and started to kiss her again, jack couldn’t believe how determined this guy was and Martha really didn’t seem to be minding. Jack knew he was going to regret his next move but he had to do it the thought of this guy sleeping with her made him sick he tapped Martha on the shoulder.

“ID please”

“What” she asked him breathlessly and slightly confused it didn’t even occur to her what he was doing.

“ID please”

“Jack you know I’m over 18, you married me you know how old I am” she replied slightly annoyed

“Just procedure ID please”

“You’re a jerk you know that” she replied while fumbling around her purse

“I don’t have it I must have left it at home” she slurred “what ya going to do officer arrest me?” she asked

“No but I’m going to have to accompany you home no ID means we take you home” He replied he knew that wasn’t the rules but he didn’t want to leave Martha with this guy.

“You have got to be kidding me,” she yelled angry “whatever this party sucks anyway” she couldn’t be bothered fighting him she knew he’d win and with weird way he was acting tonight he’d probably arrest her if she fought him. She stormed out the door closely followed by jack Fitsy had called for back up when she saw Jack was pre occupied she knew exactly what he was doing. Robbie and Tash looked on in amazement at what they ad seen they couldn’t believe Jack had done that.

“I thought Martha said he didn’t love her anymore so why would he get jealous like that and turn into a jerk when he saw her with another guy?” Tash asked

“I dunno but lets go find out” Robbie said pulling them in Jack and Martha’s direction

Ah, that was great and def not boring. Jack is awesome, Martha with another guy, why doesnt that surprise me, i wish she did put up a fight though, then Jacky could of arrested her :P Great chapter. Cant wait for more :D

More please

Archived