The 'I Love Sam' Club

Guest Cerise

Here's how I see it: Jem says oeople in here moan about wha the sam haters post in their thread and so they come in here to defend themselves. I can see the logic in that and I can see the logic in it generating discussion but I also agree with Taz and Mez that the original idea was to keep the two threads separate. I think that the appreciation can be kept in here and the hatred in the hate thread provided people are referring to the character and not the people liking/disliking her. I saw this a lot with the initial JM phenomenon. A lot of JM fans were very enthusiastic and a lot of people began stereotyping all Jm fans and the same thing is happening here. People have every right to like or dislike a character but I personally feel there needs to be boundaries.

How about this thread is used for discussion of Sam's good points and the other thread for her bad points and the two threads don't make reference to each other. Say for example one day I might really hate something sam has done so I'd post in the 'I hate sam' thread but on another day I might appreciate something she did. As long as I'm using the right threads to slag her off/ buzz about her then nobody has any right to get upset, defend themself or stereotype me.

I'm not explaining myself well, I'm tired but what I'm suggesting is that we keep the individual threads for their original purpose that is liking/ disliking Sam and we stop considering 'what the other side' thinks and what is being posted in the other thread and stop coming to loggerheads over differences of opinion.

Personally I do think some of the Sam hatred is a bit harsh at times, she seems to create a venom in some members that I find unhealthy to read even on days when I'm disliking Sam and it does prevent me posting in there. I'd like to see it toned down a bit but not by any means limiting your freedom of speech. by the same stretch I think there is a definite tendency for the Sam fans to group the sam haters up with JM lovers and essentially discount what valid reasons they may have for disliking a character. Perhaps if both threads could concentrate on their own things but in a way that doesn't make people of both minds, not want to post so be careful of stereotyping, being overlly harsh for no apparent reason, getting offended by something the 'other thread' has said.

Would that be a fair compromise?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I joined today to say that I love Sam. I think she is beautiful. I cant believe how horrible some people are.

You go girl - Sam for Most ppular Character :lol:

I love her - any one who gives Martha a run for her money is pure gold in my book - long may she continue. :P

I voted for her. I know its not much. I think what has been described by some as her selfishness is misunderstood and is in fact a huge insecurity, which I find quite endearing. I am insecure myself so I recognize the symptoms. The writers have done a real hatchett job on a lovely character. Poor Sam. I intend to remain a loyal fan despite the writers treachery. I dont see it as a competition between her and Martha, I like her too, in different ways, It is possible to like both of them, but Sam does seem to need a bit more support than Martha.

Yes I can see that. She cant do right for doing wrong. She is desperately insecure and unsure of herself she does stuff she would never normally do.She was much more confident when she first appeared but then she was only focussed on herself and Rory and keeping him safe. Once she put herself in Jack's hands, she was vulnerable and she did not know how to handle it, and it scared the **** out of her. I quite agree about the hatchet job, they should be ashamed of themselves. I'd quite like to do one on them. Still, judging by the strong reactions she seems to get, they have done a pretty good hatchet job :P

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know any one ever relaxes in Summer Bay with the number of stalkers psychos, and what have you's that go around there........ I think I'd be hiding under the bed :P

I agree I love Sam she looks very pretty indeed in that dress, it really suited her.

It's a tough call about what she'll do next. She deleted that phone message, so that would suggest that she wouldn't tell Jack about it, and opt to handle it herself by giving Martha a serve. But if she might tell him to prove to him how obsessed Martha is, and how dangerous she is to their relationship. I mean, Martha was meant to be out of town and moving on with her own boyfriend, and here she is skulking around at the back of Jack's wedding all alone... These are the actions of a desperate woman, and Sam may wish to make sure that Jack knows just how desperate Martha is to get him back. Should be interesting :)

Yes I think it will be interesting. I have read th spoilers for the first week.

Sam fights for her man, Martha sees a side to Sam she hasnt seen before.

I am hoping for a really good cat fight, we have not seen one for a long time and I think Sam might be a bit of a demon when she is riled. Martha wont know whats hit her. :P I hope that it is more interesting than what they did with Kim, Hayley and Scott, I think it will be.

Archived