The 'I Love Sam' Club

Guest Cerise

^ I think most people who don't like her are JM fans. But I don't know why the others don't like her. :unsure: Maybe you should check the 'I Hate Sam' Club to find out.

i resent that. i don't dislike her because i'm a J/M fan, i just plain old don't like her. but i won't get into that here. just wanted to clear that up cos i know a lot of other people think the same

Look, this is a thread for appreciating SAM and I resent the Sam haters coming in here and spilling their bile and trying to justify their hatred of someone who has done nothing more than light up the TV screen . You have your own thread so bloody well stick to it. I don't give a stuff why you don't like her. We accept you don't like her , so just accept that some of us do like her, or is that to much for you to cope with.

That was so unecessary. The only bile among these quotes is yours. You may not care what our reasons are, but we care about being stereotyped. It's ignorant, insulting, and incredibly arrogant to think that you know all the answers about OUR opinions, just because they aren't the same as yours.

KatieL, I agree with you. Barbara, I don't mean for you to get caught up in this bitter response. I sincerely appreciate your direction to the haters thread so that people as open-minded as yourself can acknowledge that, for some of us, it's not about J&M.

What is wrong with this forum lately?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. I have never gone into the I hate Sam thread and tried to influence the thinking nor justify my liking for Sam. That would be arrogance. I have read it, but not posted in it, and I have noted some very vile and viscious posts. So when Sam haters repeatedly come into and post in what is an APPRECIATION thread, I think I have some right and justification to defend the thread and fellow Sam lovers. If that upsets you, I am sorry, but it need saying.

I was under the impression that the purpose of separate threads was to enable pro and anti character posters to post without people wading into their appreciation or their hate threads and causing aggro. Obviously I was wrong.

I disagree. I have never gone into the I hate Sam thread and tried to influence the thinking nor justify my liking for Sam. That would be arrogance. I have read it, but not posted in it, and I have noted some very vile and viscious posts. So when Sam haters repeatedly come into and post in what is an APPRECIATION thread, I think I have some right and justification to defend the thread and fellow Sam lovers. If that upsets you, I am sorry, but it need saying.

I was under the impression that the purpose of separate threads was to enable pro and anti character posters to post without people wading into their appreciation or their hate threads and causing aggro. Obviously I was wrong.

That is the case but how do we undersand others opinions if there is not occasionally a crossover.

Sam is a fantastic actress/character but the writers are using her as a pawn and thats not fair at all on her and her on screen son Rory,

Some of you may not agree with me and thats fine but please try not to argue with people, its stupid at times when you argue whjen its cleat that neither side is going to back down.

Can we please keep the hating in the hating thread and the loving in the loving thread please ladies?

I've just read through this whole thread - which I had to bump into action myself, mind you - to see just how many anti-Sam posts there were in here. By my count, there was exactly one that wasn't followed up with a genuine compliment towards the character or actress, and wasn't an attempt to open up discussion on the character's bad points in the context of appreciating her as a whole. However, and this needs to be said, the majority of posts in here aren't about appreciating Sam, they're a just a reaction to the hate thread. It's not surprising that we come in here to explain and defend ourselves when 80% of the posts are about how no one understands us. Do you actually want to understand, or do you just want to complain that not everyone loves your favourite character?

^ I think most people who don't like her are JM fans. But I don't know why the others don't like her. :unsure: Maybe you should check the 'I Hate Sam' Club to find out.

i resent that. i don't dislike her because i'm a J/M fan, i just plain old don't like her. but i won't get into that here. just wanted to clear that up cos i know a lot of other people think the same

Look, this is a thread for appreciating SAM and I resent the Sam haters coming in here and spilling their bile and trying to justify their hatred of someone who has done nothing more than light up the TV screen . You have your own thread so bloody well stick to it. I don't give a stuff why you don't like her. We accept you don't like her , so just accept that some of us do like her, or is that to much for you to cope with.

Claire Louise, you are so right and the Samster beats Matha into a cocked hat.

Excuse me but i did not come in here and rant about how i hate sam. i was defending the fact that people think we hate because she's in the way of JM. I'm sorry, i didn't want to reply, but i'm not going to sit here and take you're s*@! - i don't think you accept that people don't like her. besides, what about all the sam lovers that go into the hate thread and whine 'why do people hate her so much'

whoever said lets keep them separate - good idea, as i said, im not taking that.

Can we please keep the hating in the hating thread and the loving in the loving thread please ladies?

I've just read through this whole thread - which I had to bump into action myself, mind you - to see just how many anti-Sam posts there were in here. By my count, there was exactly one that wasn't followed up with a genuine compliment towards the character or actress, and wasn't an attempt to open up discussion on the character's bad points in the context of appreciating her as a whole. However, and this needs to be said, the majority of posts in here aren't about appreciating Sam, they're a just a reaction to the hate thread. It's not surprising that we come in here to explain and defend ourselves when 80% of the posts are about how no one understands us. Do you actually want to understand, or do you just want to complain that not everyone loves your favourite character?

thank you emmasi, i think people need to remember it's a character - not the actress herself we dislike

Archived