The 'I Love Sam' Club

Guest Cerise

I have to say this, or I will stay silently bitter towards the monkeys who wrote this storyline...

Sam suffered the same way as Dani did. The writers turn the characters into horrible characters because it helped put together a pairing that the fans really want. Dani was made out to be selfish because she got in the way of Kirsty & Kane and now Sam is turning into a psycho because of the much loved (blah!) Jack & Martha. The writers buckled under the love of Jack & Martha, instead of staying strong and keeping Sam.

I took notice of the reactions of the episodes before seeing them myself. When I finally got to see the scenes where Sam finds Martha in her dress, then sees her at the church on her wedding day I did not see what some of you fans saw. Martha deserved everything that Sam said to her because she was willing to ruin a relationship just to satisfy her own needs. She didn't just **** off Sam, she also broke the heart of someone else.

I love Sam because she is different.

I absolutely agree with you on that point. It's amazing though just how many people thought it was Sam who was being unreasonable. If anyone tried on my wedding dress like that I would be f*****g furious, but oh no, we were all supposed to feel sorry for the wonderful Martha who can do no wrong and who is so misunderstood. Misunderstood my arse, she is nothing but a selfish cow and always has been, and she drove poor Sam to do what she did as far as I am concerned. What Sam did in the end was totally wrong, but what Martha has been doing since day one is play with other peoples hearts and minds. She messed around with Jack till he did not know which way was up, walked out on the marriage after a few months because she wasn't having everything her own way, and broke Jack's heart in the process , embarked on an affair with his best freind, refused to listen when everyone told her he was bad news, same with Corey and with Cam. Jack rescued her and she still messed with his head. She broke Micheals heart, she broke Sams heart, and now she is breaking Roman's heart. That said she does have some good qualities, but they get forgotten because all we see is the selfish Martha.

Sam is different, she turned her life around after her life with Shane, and Kylie Deeks became Sam Tolhurst. Sam's heartbreak was written all over her face when she saw Martha at the wedding and when she tried on the dress. No wonder the poor woman lost the plot. If that had been me and I'd seen my fiance's ex in my wedding dress I'd have decked them there and then. I think she has been one of the best guest characters for a long time and did not deserve all the hate that has been directed at her.

You see, the she-devil has cast some sort of spell over Summer Bay to make everyone think she is an innocent angel. By the looks of the most recent posts in the discussion for this weeks episodes, people are finaly realizing what a repulsive, vile, despicable monstrosity she really is.

People who think like me :) I absolutely detest Martha, the worst thing is that everyone in Summerbay, herself included, believe she's some kind of simple, innocent, butter-wouldn't-melt saint, when in fact quite the opposite is true. I mean she told Jack to not marry Sam, she strung Michael along just to heal the pain of not having Jack (the whole 'don't leave me- not today' was kind of a give away on that) and I actually don't buy that she loves Jack. She loves herself, sure, but not Jack. I mean she walked out on him after five minutes of marriage, while he was in hospital, for his best mate. All because he- being a police officer, actually had to works some unconventional hours. That is not love.

Sam's long been cast as the villian who is keeping the prince and princess apart, but Martha walked out on Jack and their marriage before Sam even arrived on the scene, she then admitteed her feelings for Jack, told him not to marry Sam and proceeded to try on her wedding dress- in a barn, probably covered in dirt and sweat after working on the farm all day. Shock horror that Sam wasn't exactly thrill.ed. Actually I thought she was quite reserved in her reaction, considering what Martha did. And yet she is supposed to be the villian and Martha Summerbays sweetheart, how does that work?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't BELIEVE this thread has been turned into a Martha v. Sam disucssion again. What's wrong with you people? Why can't you seperate the two? They are sperpate characters? Why constantly discuss them in the same breath? Feck off to the Martha bashing thread to bash her, and likewise with the Sam one.

While I'm here though, I don't believe Martha broke Michael or Roman's heart. She tried to do right by both of them. She cared for them. What would you do? Dump a great guy who made you happy even though you weren't fully over your ex? Would anyone really choose to be alone over being a great guy in those circumstances? I think people make up reasons to diss poor Martha :rolleyes:

Now, lets get back on topic.

I have to say this, or I will stay silently bitter towards the monkeys who wrote this storyline...

Sam suffered the same way as Dani did. The writers turn the characters into horrible characters because it helped put together a pairing that the fans really want. Dani was made out to be selfish because she got in the way of Kirsty & Kane and now Sam is turning into a psycho because of the much loved (blah!) Jack & Martha. The writers buckled under the love of Jack & Martha, instead of staying strong and keeping Sam.

I took notice of the reactions of the episodes before seeing them myself. When I finally got to see the scenes where Sam finds Martha in her dress, then sees her at the church on her wedding day I did not see what some of you fans saw. Martha deserved everything that Sam said to her because she was willing to ruin a relationship just to satisfy her own needs. She didn't just **** off Sam, she also broke the heart of someone else.

I love Sam because she is different.

#

I completely agree with you?

Jessica Chapnik is a great actress and her portrayal of Sam is great :)

Hello. This is Jessica Chapnik. I was told about this thread and had to come see what this was about. I just wanted to say that it is really nice to finally read some comments about Sam that seemed to be fair. Since I thought she copped a lot. And I wanted to say thanks too. For all the nice comments. And just for looking a little deeper into the story line than just a polpularity contest. I had fun reading what you all had to say. There was some intelligent stuff. Anyway, Sam is no longer, so this may mean little now. But she served her tragic role. And I will certainly not forget her. Thanks for the support guys. It was nice.

J.

I was having a bit of a Sam discussion/heated discussion/debate/argument with my sister the other day. I showed her this thread to show there are people who appreciate Sam (obviously not showing her the posts from the JM fans :P) and she called us obsessed freaks. Anyway, she said she would be glad when she died (On Irish screens). I'm not talking to her now... :P

I was having a bit of a Sam discussion/heated discussion/debate/argument with my sister the other day. I showed her this thread to show there are people who appreciate Sam (obviously not showing her the posts from the JM fans :P) and she called us obsessed freaks. Anyway, she said she would be glad when she died (On Irish screens). I'm not talking to her now... :P

I understand. I think in the episodes being shown in Ireland the full extent of Sam's mental and emotional damage hasn't been show yet. A lot of people still hate Sam because of her paranoid behaviour back in 2007, her clinginess to PC Plod, and her rivalry with the she-devil. That is because she was masquerading as a sane person making bad decisions back then, so it was difficult to understand why she could behave in that way. Wednesday's episode this week in Australia has shown that Sam was clearly a broken, fragile, deeply disturbed, mentally ill person, who did what she did out of sheer desperation, not because she was a cow. I used to find her insufferable in 2007, but I now realize that was because I didn't understand her, but now I do, and I feel overwhelming sympathy for her.

I understand. I think in the episodes being shown in Ireland the full extent of Sam's mental and emotional damage hasn't been show yet. A lot of people still hate Sam because of her paranoid behaviour back in 2007, her clinginess to PC Plod, and her rivalry with the she-devil. That is because she was masquerading as a sane person making bad decisions back then, so it was difficult to understand why she could behave in that way. Wednesday's episode this week in Australia has shown that Sam was clearly a broken, fragile, deeply disturbed, mentally ill person, who did what she did out of sheer desperation, not because she was a cow. I used to find her insufferable in 2007, but I now realize that was because I didn't understand her, but now I do, and I feel overwhelming sympathy for her.

Ireland is only one day behind the UK - her true mental state will unravel soon! That's when she gets REALLY interesting. Last year she was just an annoying character who was just there, but did little else but irritate the viewers, largely due to her presence having a part in the stupid love triangle storyline. Looking back its a real shame we didn't know more about all through 2007.

I miss Sam, she was a great character and Jessica did a great job in portraying her. I think that Sam Holden was a good person with the heart in the right place, but then when Johnny Cooper came back and blackmailed her she became Kylie Deeks again, and that is who did all off the horrible things not Sam.

I love Sam and believed she had something good in her, and we who liked her saw something good in her, atleast I did. I will really miss her. Goodbye Samantha Holden R.I.P, and Goodluck in the future Jessica Chapnik.

Archived