The 'I Love Sam' Club

Guest Cerise

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 11 months later...

/\/\/\/\/\I saw your post, and thought "what a pratt!"

Sam was lovely when she first came to Summer Bay, and she made Jack look like a half decent character, far more interesting than when he was with Martha. I really do believe that this frightened the life out of the writers who then brought her back and tried to make her look bad in the Jack and Martha fans eyes. They did not want J and M fandom to diminish, which it was if the posts I read at the time were anything to go by. Poor Sam doesnt stand a chance. I feel sorry for her. Try walking in her shoes for just half a day, you wont be half so critical then funny guy.

There's no need to make it personal :rolleyes:

I think you've got a point about the writers being scared of how good Jack was with her, because I used to really like him with Sam and (the real) Rory, but they've recently made him as whiny and annoying with Sam as he ever was with Martha. It's now a losing situation all 'round as far as Jack's concerned, and Martha is now a more likable character than Sam which is the only reason that J&M are a slightly better option. People like me don't care if Jack and Martha get together, we just want Sam gone. All she added to the show for me was the original Rory, who's gone, and the likability of Jack, which is also gone. There's no point to her anymore other than to be irritating.

Yeah, I know this is an appreciation thread, I just want to make it clear that not EVERYONE is against Sam purely because of J&M. I really wish that people would let go of that misconception, because it's extremely irritating that people think that I personally am so shallow as to hate a character based on nothing more than keeping two other characters apart. I'm sure a lot of other people feel the same way.

I don't love Sam, but i think she is ok and i can't understand why people hate her so much, ok she can be a bit jealous and controlling at times but after what she has been through in her life, looking over her shoulder every two minutes and not being able to settle anywhere, do you honestly blame her. I just can't see what she has done that is so horrible.

Archived