The 'I Love Sam' Club

Guest Cerise

Yes I've been paid by Seven to come on here and try boost Sam's popularity. :rolleyes:

Actually Johnny Cooper has managed to do that all by himself. I know Sam won't be around for much longer, I hope she goes out in a blaze of glory causing as much misery for The Cockroaches(you know who I mean) as possible.

The fact you called JM cockroaches says more about you than them.

IMO only a insecure person says that.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam has been called far worse by many people Zetti have you called the Sam haters on their name calling? I agree though its not very nice.

I think Jess's acting has been bloody brilliant and the Johnny stuff is just so good. I think its been really cleverly done. Those blinded by their J and M love won't and will never see it, those like Zetti who are not blinded will see it, the intricacies of what is happening, the insecurities, the complexities, the darkness of the story and the sheer brilliance of the acting are blowing me away. Jess is a way much better actress than Jodi, head shoulders, torso and everything else more so than, and why people can't, or more likely won't, see that is an absolute mystery to me. Still we do live in a society where image is more important than substance so I shouldn't really be surprised, but for some reason I am.

I have actually called them on their name hating..

Here it is. I think they went way too far and I admit I have at times but I do hate myself for that. Jess/Sam doesnt deserve it.

Right I really feel like I need to say this, Sam is just a pawn in the JM saga so people lay off, i am not saying she isnt annoying.

The writers made her that way, she is a good actress its just a shame the way the writers made her out to be so lay off. Its not fair some of the comments you make.

I can see both sides

Thank you, my apologies, I stand corrected.

I think we are entitled to judge peoples acting ability though. Its the judging of an actors looks which is against the rules, thats an entirely different. I am perfectly entitled to criticise someones performance in a role, because they are doing their job. What I can't do is have a go at them for how they look just because I don't like the character they play. It's not a problem for me, as any criticisms I have are generally about performance and about the place of the characters in the show, how the characters fit or are used in the show etc. but I generally find that a lot of commentating degenerates into juvenile name calling about looks and such like. Calling Sam Gollumina, which I have noticed a lot of people do, to use one of your phrase says more about them, and is incredibly infantile in my view, but its not worth getting upset about. I am sure if some equally silly epithet were applied to Martha that the report button would be pressed immediately, it feels like double standards apply.

Sam has been called far worse by many people Zetti have you called the Sam haters on their name calling? I agree though its not very nice.

I think Jess's acting has been bloody brilliant and the Johnny stuff is just so good. I think its been really cleverly done. Those blinded by their J and M love won't and will never see it, those like Zetti who are not blinded will see it, the intricacies of what is happening, the insecurities, the complexities, the darkness of the story and the sheer brilliance of the acting are blowing me away. Jess is a way much better actress than Jodi, head shoulders, torso and everything else more so than, and why people can't, or more likely won't, see that is an absolute mystery to me. Still we do live in a society where image is more important than substance so I shouldn't really be surprised, but for some reason I am.

I'm not a J&M fan. I'm not blinded. I do see the darkness and intricacy of the plot NOW, but it wasn't always so, and for a long time Jess had a limited emotional range as well - neurotic/obsessive, and stuck-up b*tch (you can't tell me that she hasn't been a b*tch to Martha, whether Martha deserved it or not). That's not to say that she was a bad actress, I just think she was getting bored of the treadmill her character was on and didn't particularly bother mixing it up. Now they've got her playing against Johnny, the super villain, and she can do something with a little more substance than "This is my Jack. He is mine. I own him. Everyone else - family included - back off because he's mine. I also have a Rory. Everyone keep away from that too. It's mine." It got very very tiresome. I'm glad she's been given something more exciting to do with her time.

Then there is Jodi, and while it pains me to talk about her at all in a thread about SAM... I'd like to say that there is a difference between finding her attractive and thinking she's a great actress. I find her very very attractive, but that doesn't mean I have to like her acting or her character. (There's an avatar of Sam going around that I find mesmerizing too, just quietly...) Jodi's acting isn't great, and her character is downright irritating. But what does that have to do with Sam? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I wish people could separate Sam from Jack and Martha. Yes, she is involved in their storylines, but she is not their better or worse half - she's her own character in her own right. Jess is her own actress in her own right, and how good she is does not depend on Jodi or anyone else (possibly the writers - she needs the material to work with, which in my opinion she hasn't been getting until now). Just please please PLEASE can we not always make this an us vs them situation? Or at the very least, can we make it SAM lovers vs SAM haters, not Sam lovers vs J&M lovers??? It makes it very hard for the poor lonely souls who have little if anything to do with Jack and Martha, but still wish to hate Sam in peace!

And yes, I do respect that this is a love thread and I really don't like posting anything negative in here because I don't think it's fair - I have my own thread for that - but this is where the argument has been made so this is where I choose to weigh in. I apologise if I've upset anyone here, it was not my intention. I just want the pointless fighting amongst members, and calling names of each other to stop :(

EDIT: Oh sure, go and make up when I'm in the middle of a rant :P

Sorry emmasi but I am an awful cynic at times and get waylaid by that big streak of snarky cynicism within me. . But I agree with much of your reasoning. We/I :P need to seperate the two . There I said it. :o

Back on topic. Performance wise and story wise this has been a fascinating few weeks, and I have enjoyed it enormously.The performance which makes you hate yet almost pity her and feel sorry for her at the same time is quite some performance.

Archived