Writers Assistance

-Annie-

Really? Sounds a little odd ...... If I get writers block on fanfics I go and watch the show I'm writing about, and if in stories I go shopping! Have absolutely no clue why it helps me, but shopping seems to clear my head (and my purse ....*clears throat*)

It works because if you keep practising at something you become better at it. For instance, if you wanted to be a chef, it would make sense to practise cooking. :)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? Sounds a little odd ...... If I get writers block on fanfics I go and watch the show I'm writing about, and if in stories I go shopping! Have absolutely no clue why it helps me, but shopping seems to clear my head (and my purse ....*clears throat*)

It works because if you keep practising at something you become better at it. For instance, if you wanted to be a chef, it would make sense to practise cooking. :)

True, but for me writing down other stuff would just confuse me and take my mind too far off of what I was trying to write in the first place! I'm just odd like that lol :P

• 4 months later...

An idea for ilovekateritchie would be to watch a few old episodes of the show for inspiration. :P

Inspiration for me comes in different forms - watching past Home & Away episodes, reading other people's fan fictions, going for walks, listening to music and having visions or flashes of inspiration. You never know when inspiration strikes - mostly when I'm just falling asleep. :rolleyes:

A good idea is to have a pen/pencil and paper handy to write down thoughts and ideas.

For writer's block, my suggestion would be to find a picture and start writing about it making it as descriptive as possible or by just letting your imagination run wild.

• 7 months later...

Totally agree with Quiet Achiever, that's what i do.

I also need a bit of help, for my next chapter in Crash 2, i want to make it a flashback, sort of, but i don't want it to be intentionally a flashback, as i want it to be a present piece with a characetr explaining what happened in the lead up to an event, i was thinking of doing what they did with Dot on EastEnders and have a character in front of a camera expalining the events, but how would i lead this in? Sorry if nobody gets this, even i dont get half of it.

Totally agree with Quiet Achiever, that's what i do.

I also need a bit of help, for my next chapter in Crash 2, i want to make it a flashback, sort of, but i don't want it to be intentionally a flashback, as i want it to be a present piece with a characetr explaining what happened in the lead up to an event, i was thinking of doing what they did with Dot on EastEnders and have a character in front of a camera expalining the events, but how would i lead this in? Sorry if nobody gets this, even i dont get half of it.

Try this:

It was years ago now but Sophie could remember every little thing about that night as clearly as if it happened only yesterday. Their conversaton, the rain pattering down, the smell of the sea. She took a deep breath. The emotions were still so raw. "This is how it began..." she said.

Hope that helps! :) (I don't know the name of your character so I just invented one. :P )