Writers Assistance

-Annie-

changing the subject slightly but I haven't wrote anything in months and I'm not feeling at all inspired to write, I don't even have any ideas in my head. I'm basically bullying all the staff into entering the script comp therefore I have to enter myself or be a hypocrite but be damned if I can think of a single IDEA. Anyone got any tips for thinking up ideas? Its not usually something I struggle with, usually I get an idea, start it then get bored, this is a first for me but its really depressing me. I can't even get up the energy to write anything in stuff I already have ongoing. I know ILM is going to remind me I have people traped in a damn bank and I know how I wanted the story to go but I've completely lost interest in writing it. Any ideas?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I'm really stumped for ideas I just watch a rerun of an episode or a movie of something I really like; take that basis of the "story" develop characters or different twists that the original story had and by the end of it, it turns out something completley different. That works for me. Plagerising, but transforming it. :lol:

I haven't updated one of my fics in months, due to lack of motivation for it. I really want to get the Chapter done with, but I can't. Any suggestions/anybody who reads it maybe willing to help me write it? I'm completely stuck. I vaulted it for now, because I can't see myself being inspired for a while. Maybe I'll finish some other fics and then turn my attention onto UD.

changing the subject slightly but I haven't wrote anything in months and I'm not feeling at all inspired to write, I don't even have any ideas in my head. I'm basically bullying all the staff into entering the script comp therefore I have to enter myself or be a hypocrite but be damned if I can think of a single IDEA. Anyone got any tips for thinking up ideas? Its not usually something I struggle with, usually I get an idea, start it then get bored, this is a first for me but its really depressing me. I can't even get up the energy to write anything in stuff I already have ongoing. I know ILM is going to remind me I have people trapped in a damn bank and I know how I wanted the story to go but I've completely lost interest in writing it. Any ideas?

Nope. I've passed my concerns on to the appropriate authorities and they are currently investigating. Expect a court summons very soon. :P Seriously, if you have ideas and you're just stuck on how to write it I could probably write some but I couldn't promise how much or when. :)

If you're looking for ideas for the fanfic challenge, just take one of your favourite scenes and write how one of the characters feels, it will inevitably have a build up to it. For instance, one of my fave scenes was when Jade found out about Kane and Kirsty because she overhead Shelley telling Kane he couldn't see her. Seeing as I've already written lots about KK I would prob write Jade's POV, maybe in diary style. Failing that, you can't go wrong if you write about when ppl are kids, we've all been there. :)

I wouldn't worry about writers block. Some authors (like Charles Dickens) might have been able to write with people chatting all around him but 99% of us have to WORK at it all the time. I find all kinds of excuses not to write even when I do have time, especially if it's ages since I've written anything, because I know I'll have to REALLY work. It'll come back. :D

Have you tried reading it through from the start? Worked for me, finally.

I read the thing 5 times a freaking day to get my inspiration back. But luckily I have it. I got some help with it and now I think it'll be smooth sailing... Don't quote me on that though when I come back here three months later :P

So, I currently have a story whizzing around in my head that really wants to be written. Problem is, it's just a loooooot of dialogue between two characters, as far as I can see. There is one key event, but I just wanted people's opinions on fics that focus more on feelings. I'm sure it's the right direction to take it in - there's no other way to write it, imo - but I was just wondering if I should write it, given its stylistic nature. Thoughts?

Every fic is different. I'm a huge dialogue writer, I tend to write all my dialogue first and fill the rest in around it, most of my stories have developed that way. I don't think there's a wrong or right way to do something. Put down whats in your head and see where it takes you. If you're unsure after you have it on paper and think it needs more why not ask someone else to take a look? A fresh perspective can give you great ideas to make a set of dialogue or a train of thought into a fab story.

• 2 months later...