Writers Assistance

-Annie-

HELP!

I have a sort-of Writers block-and its a Problem. I cant really write serious Fics. I can write First Chapters but never update!

Unlike in Comedys, I could write A Hundred and Three Chaps and keep going on...and on and on...

What am I supposed to do? Switch to Comedy Fics?

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this idea in my head for a Xmas fanfic but I don't know whether to make it a comedy or a drama/horror/angsty thing.

Do I make it Peter/Kit (comedy) OR Peter/Zoe (horror).

Leave it for a couple of days. You'll get some more scenes in your mind and know better what to go with. :)

HELP!

I have a sort-of Writers block-and its a Problem. I cant really write serious Fics. I can write First Chapters but never update!

Unlike in Comedys, I could write A Hundred and Three Chaps and keep going on...and on and on...

What am I supposed to do? Switch to Comedy Fics?

Yes. Different people are suited to different types of writing. You wouldn't expect Maeve Binchy to write horror stories or Stephen King to write romantic novels! Anyway, did you know that comedy is considered one of the most difficult forms of writing? Sounds like you're doing well! :)

• 1 month later...

You edit your posts via the edit button on the bottom right hand corner of your post. Any edits to yout title can only be done by moderators or librarians so just let one of us know if theres changes you want us to make.

In the meantime I'm going to merge this with the writers assistance thread which will be bumped up the forum or can be accessed via the category system thread in the pinned topics category. see here.

• 2 weeks later...

I need a bit of help... I have a total Writers Block, I have no Idea's, I cant concentrate. I Want to write but I cant. I have no Inspiration. Does anybody have any tips to beat this?

Writers' block hits everyone. The best way to deal with it, if you're not currently working on a fic, is to write ANYTHING. It doesn't have to be a story or even make sense. Write what you'd do if you had heaps of money or what you think the cat/dog's thinking :lol: or what thoughts come into your head no matter how random eg Love this song on the radio..is my sister ever going to stop talking...I need chocolate...etc etc

Practising writing keeps you in the swing of writing. Hope that helps! :)

I need a bit of help... I have a total Writers Block, I have no Idea's, I cant concentrate. I Want to write but I cant. I have no Inspiration. Does anybody have any tips to beat this?

Writers' block hits everyone. The best way to deal with it, if you're not currently working on a fic, is to write ANYTHING. It doesn't have to be a story or even make sense. Write what you'd do if you had heaps of money or what you think the cat/dog's thinking :lol: or what thoughts come into your head no matter how random eg Love this song on the radio..is my sister ever going to stop talking...I need chocolate...etc etc

Practising writing keeps you in the swing of writing. Hope that helps! :)

To ad to that: An example of what Crap you could write if any of you have Writers block:

Why dosnt my sister shut up oh she annoys me so much I could just kill her lololololol not funny I know im just trying to overcome my writers block hehehe errrrrr I think I might be in court for murdering my sis soon so maybe I should turn on some music and concentrate on learning lyrics I already know heeeeeeee im not usually this weird as I said this is just to overcome my writers block. My dog wants food. Well sorry, but I do to. Chocolate. Lots of it pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze teehee I think im in the mood now so ill stop now

Bizzare, isnt it? :lol: It helps though. It seriously does