Writers Assistance

-Annie-

ok I've got some serious writers block on two sides....

I'm still a couple of chapters ahead... im onto chapter 24 now.... and I know where I'm taking my fic and whats going to happen.... and there's going to be around 40 chapters but Im just having trouble getting the rest of ch 24 down in words... and without giving too much away because I have a few people reading it....

Gahhhhhhhhh any ideas!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suffer from writers block every now and then, does anyone help some helpful tips to prevent or manage writers block?

I'm still a couple of chapters ahead... im onto chapter 24 now.... and I know where I'm taking my fic and whats going to happen.... and there's going to be around 40 chapters but Im just having trouble getting the rest of ch 24 down in words... and without giving too much away because I have a few people reading it....

Gahhhhhhhhh any ideas!

Shouldn't this thread be at the top with the other "important topics" instead of being constantly buried in this forum...? :unsure:

Try brainstorming. :)

Write anything that comes into you head whether it's a whole scene, a snippet of conversation or just a brief sentence. Don't worry about writing in sequence at this stage, all you are doing is getting your creative juices flowing again. The exercise gives your imagination a kick start and generates more ideas.

I often jump from scene to scene when I have writers' block. It seems very confused to begin with but it always comes together in the end. :)

I suffer from writers block every now and then, does anyone help some helpful tips to prevent or manage writers block?

Gahhhhhhhhh any ideas!

Shouldn't this thread be at the top with the other "important topics" instead of being constantly buried in this forum...? :unsure:

Try brainstorming. :)

Write anything that comes into you head whether it's a whole scene, a snippet of conversation or just a brief sentence. Don't worry about writing in sequence at this stage, all you are doing is getting your creative juices flowing again. The exercise gives your imagination a kick start and generates more ideas.

I often jump from scene to scene when I have writers' block. It seems very confused to begin with but it always comes together in the end. :)

thanks so much

• 4 weeks later...

So, this may sound kind of random but I have the urge to write a H&A/HSM crossover. That is, allocate characters from H&A to personas in HSM. The storyline would obviously follow the movie - jock basketball player falls in love with nerdy girl, sharing a bond of musical theatre. The problem is that I'm having trouble coming up with pairings that would actually work in the H&A-verse. The first time I tried I ended up with Lucas/Cassie - which is random.

The only two characters I am dead-set-not-changing is Matilda and Henry as Sharpay and Ryan. It is just way too perfect. Matilda has been in sixteen school musicals, and Henry is her tap-dance loving twin brother. It writes itself.

But I'm stuck with everything else.

So HELP?

I need Troy, Gabriella, Chad, Taylor, Kelsey, Zeke, Jason, Martha ... so basically everything. Any ideas?

^ I can see Ric or Aden as Chad as I think they're pretty athletic. What about Lucas and Annie as Troy and Gabriella? I know Lucas/Annie would be pretty random as well but I wouldn't have minded them as a couple on the show. Melody could be Taylor as they're both intelligent and a bit nerdy as well. Annie and Melody being friends works really well as we've seen that friendship on H&A. Belle could be Kelsey as Belle loves photography and Kelsey loves music so they're both really artistic. I'm not too sure about the other ones. I'm only familiar with the first movie.

I think Matilda and Henry would be great as Sharpay and Ryan. :)

• 2 months later...