Writers Assistance

-Annie-

^Aw I hope you get your mojo back :)

I need some advice for the sentence below. I'm just not sure if it flows very well, if I should make it into more than one sentence or if I should change it completly...any helo is muchly appreciated :D

She heard Irene in the kitchen and, though she felt like crying at the mere thought of it, hoisted herself into a sitting position, preferring to make it out of bed without the pity stare she knew she would receive from Irene where she to find her in there.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about something like... "She heard Irene in the kitchen and, though she felt like crying at the mere thought of it, hoisted herself into a sitting position. If Irene was to find her in bed, she knew it would cause a pity stare, and she preferred not to receive one of them today."

I hope that helps... :unsure:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, so, I have kind of written something (probably the crappiest thing in history, but...) and before I put it up I would like someone to read it first just to check that I'm not totally going to embarras myself. So, I am looking for a volunteer...maybe even more than one?

It's a Martha one-shot if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm assuming they were both 18. Drew had his 18th party at the beach while they were still together and left (I think) a few months after that. I don't recall Belle turing 18 but I think it's safe to assume she was, having finished school. But I could be wrong :D