Writers Assistance

-Annie-

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't really have many 'beasty' animals...a fox maybe? We have heaps of evil snakes, but they aren't beasts...oh! there's always crocodiles, but they're not common everywhere. Umm...a territorial kangaroo? lol...I don't know...this doesn't really help but there you go! :P

Thank you. I think maybe I might stick with freak weather or something because it has to be something that they can hear which could present possible death. Hmm I'll have a think..

Ok bit of a random question but what is the most dangerous beast type (bear/wolf ect.) animal that you would find in a wooded area in Australia? And what noise does it make?

Dingoes. They howl but I don't think they bark. They'd be the closest thing to a wolf you'd get.

Crocodiles make a sort of hissing, growling, clicking noise... the baby one's squeak ^_^

A kangaroo would do some damage if you crossed it. I don't know if they make a noise. They're kind of like big rabbits... They balance on their tails and kick with their back legs.

We don't really have any big native animals, but there are a lot of feral ones that you could use.

Wild pigs are pretty vicious. "Razor backs," they call them. They have tusks and they're not afraid to use them! I suppose they'd grunt and squeal like any other pig, only more angrily...

Feral dogs would be pretty vicious, same with cats but they're not that big. They are bigger than regular house cats though. Big ears too. My Kimmy cat is half-feral :wub:

There are wild horses that could charge and kick you - basically any kind of domestic animal you could think of, you could turn it feral and have it become aggressive.

And there's a panther running around on the loose somewhere on the outskirts of Sydney. I'm not kidding :huh:

Of course if you just want something deadly without it being big, there are hundreds of snakes and spiders to choose from.

Since this is H&A, I'm thinking you want something that's going to be in NSW, but if you wanted to travel to Tasmania, you could have a Tasmanian Devil. Tiny but vicious - and they could crush your hand with one bite. They make a sort of screaming, screeching, groaning noise... it's not pretty. You could also revive a Tasmanian Tiger (more like a stripy dog than a tiger). They say they're extinct, but I'm not so sure :P

Ohhh lizards! Goannas are pretty scary. They can get up to about two-meters long and their claws are massive. They could tear you up good. And water dragons. They're much smaller, but the males can get up to about a meter, and they can be pretty scary! Not sure what sound lizards make... hissing I suppose.

In conclusion, If you want something that's going to be like a wold, I'd go with a dingo. They're not exactly common in NSW, but I think you could get away with it. Creative liscence :wink:

If you wanted to go into the water, there's always sharks.

Edited by emmasi

Ok bit of a random question but what is the most dangerous beast type (bear/wolf ect.) animal that you would find in a wooded area in Australia? And what noise does it make?

Dingoes. They howl but I don't think they bark. They'd be the closest thing to a wolf you'd get.

Crocodiles make a sort of hissing, growling, clicking noise... the baby one's squeak

A kangaroo would do some damage if you crossed it. I don't know if they make a noise. They're kind of like big rabbits... They balance on their tails and kick with their back legs.

We don't really have any big native animals, but there are a lot of feral ones that you could use.

Wild pigs are pretty vicious. "Razor backs," they call them. They have tusks and they're not afraid to use them! I suppose they'd grunt and squeal like any other pig, only more angrily...

Feral dogs would be pretty vicious, same with cats but they're not that big. They are bigger than regular house cats though. Big ears too. My Kimmy cat is half-feral :wub:

There are wild horses that could charge and kick you - basically any kind of domestic animal you could think of, you could turn it feral and have it become aggressive.

And there's a panther running around on the loose somewhere on the outskirts of Sydney. I'm not kidding

Of course if you just want something deadly without it being big, there are hundreds of snakes and spiders to choose from.

Since this is H&A, I'm thinking you want something that's going to be in NSW, but if you wanted to travel to Tasmania, you could have a Tasmanian Devil. Tiny but vicious - and they could crush your hand with one bite. They make a sort of screaming, screeching, groaning noise... it's not pretty. You could also revive a Tasmanian Tiger (more like a stripy dog than a tiger). They say they're extinct, but I'm not so sure :P

Ohhh lizards! Goannas are pretty scary. They can get up to about two-meters long and their claws are massive. They could tear you up good. And water dragons. They're much smaller, but the males can get up to about a meter, and they can be pretty scary! Not sure what sound lizards make... hissing I suppose.

In conclusion, If you want something that's going to be like a wold, I'd go with a dingo. They're not exactly common in NSW, but I think you could get away with it. Creative liscence :wink:

Thank you so much for all those brilliant ideas. :wub:

Crocodiles make a sort of hissing, growling, clicking noise... the baby one's squeak ^_^

And there's a panther running around on the loose somewhere on the outskirts of Sydney. I'm not kidding :huh:

Since this is H&A, I'm thinking you want something that's going to be in NSW, but if you wanted to travel to Tasmania, you could have a Tasmanian Devil. Tiny but vicious - and they could crush your hand with one bite. They make a sort of screaming, screeching, groaning noise... it's not pretty. You could also revive a Tasmanian Tiger (more like a stripy dog than a tiger). They say they're extinct, but I'm not so sure

Sorry mods if this is off topic but I just had to say it.

I never come in this thread but I was bored so I just thought I would have a look.

I don't think I have ever learnt so much about Australian wildlife. They say you learn something new everyday :lol:

Panthers aren't that big though. There was one on Ellen today, and it barely reached people's knees. I wanted to hug it.

Really off topic now :P

I love animals though. Always happy to teach someone new things about them, and happier still to find out new things myself :D For example, "panthers" as an individual species don't really exist, they're black leopards. I knew that already but it's an interesting fact to pass on. Panthera is the scientific name for all big cats :)

Edited by emmasi

• 4 weeks later...

Haha, I know how you feel. I don't know if you are actually after any "assistance" with this, but I find the best thing to do is write it out anyway, or atleast a very detailed outline, but continue only posting the fics you are. That way you can write the new fic at your own pace without your beloved readers hanging out for an update that you may not have because of all the other fic/ideas that you are writing...

I dont even know if that makes sense but that's what keeps me sane lol. I have, like, seven story outlines on my laptop but am only writing one :rolleyes: