Guest AngelRose

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ric went barging into the gym, almost knocking Kim Hyde flying in the process:

“Hey easy Ric!” Kim said alarmed.

Ric barely looked up:

“Sorry mate; ‘spot me’?”

Kim nodded and steadied the punch bag Ric was already eyeing with sheer venom. It was clear there was a LOT more going on here than just a workout, but Kim saw the wisdom of letting Ric punch himself to a virtual standstill before asking:

“Want to tell me who you’ve just pretended to hospitalise for a month now?”

“You wouldn’t like it..” Ric warned.

He knew Morag had helped do something important once.

“So I wouldn’t like it, so what? That’s my bad luck for asking. Try me.”

“Morag Bellingham.” Ric spat. “She’s turned into a dictator.”

“Her bark’s worse than her bite Ric.” Kim soothed

“Oh yeah? Try telling that to Jack Holden the day the Judge throws Mac to the wolves, not to mention destroying Granddad, all to feed her monster ego!”

Kim looked alarmed at the pure venom in Ric’s tone: “Ok, in English?” he asked.

Ric looked up his eyes flashing:

“It’s simple really, the high and mighty JUSTICE Bellingham is virtually selling Mac’s hand in marriage to the highest bidder to right off Mac’s debt.” he spat.

“Yep, Ric that about covers it..” Both lads were surprised to see Mac herself standing there. “The question is Ric, would you rather just get mad, or get mad THEN help me get even?”

“Count me in; the Judge won't come near me for a couple of days at least.!” Ric said, an air of satisfaction pervading his anger.

Martha walked round and put a grateful arm around her cousin’s shoulder:

“Thanks Ric, I knew you’d stick up for me!”

“All the way Mac; what else do you need?” he asked.

“Well, I was hoping Flynn will let you scan this into his computer so I can get some printed up?”

“It’s done; Granddad filled Flynn in as I left yesterday.” Ric was absolutely certain of his beloved foster-father’s aid.

Kim shook his head in shock; he knew Morag Bellinghan could be capable of some pretty underhanded tactics to get what she wanted for a case she believed in (when it came down to brass tacks he’d learnt a trick or two from her himself), but turning traitor on her own family?! That was beyond comprehension. The looks on Ric’s and Mac’s faces told him that they were telling him the absolute truth, not that he doubted them, but he just couldn’t understand why.

“But what would Morag gain by losing her family?” he asked.

“Your guess is as good as mine.” Ric sighed. “I think she MIGHT be using Mac to buy her way back onto the Judge’s Bench, but that’s just a hunch.”

Mac blinked at her cousin in surprise; she hadn’t thought of that!

“I suppose so.” She sighed. “But her motives are her problem, mine is how to get out of this mess. Which reminds me, I need to get over to the Simpson place before Jack and Corey or they’ll be locked out. See you guys later.”

“Ok, I’ll have 50 of these ready for you by tomorrow. Take it easy Mac.” Ric said.

“Will do.”

“Let me know if I can help!” Kim called after her.

“Cheers!” her voice floated back through the gym door.

Archived