Angels Don't JUST Live in Heaven

Guest AngelRose

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Come on Martha; however bad it is you need to tell me so we can start working on it.” Jack coaxed.

“Oh yeah, and just how the HELL do you suggest we raise at LEAST $2, 222 and 22 cents a WEEK just to break EVEN?!” Martha exploded into torrents of furious tears.

Jack stood there in total shock. Oh, he’d known it would be bad, but there was bad and there was absolutely DISASTEROUS! One thing he knew for sure though, if it cost them all they owned, he WASN’T losing Mac to blackmail! If she rejected him when he told her how he really felt that was one thing, but to have the Judge’s evil scheme break Mac’s heart was NOT an option! Her sobs reached through the shock and stirred him to go and comfort her. He didn’t use words, there weren’t any anyway. Martha was tense for a second and then all but collapsed in his arms.

Ric finished printing the flyers and with joining him to take Little Pippa for a walk, he headed for the Surf Club (part of which these days was home to ‘Noah’s Bar’). As they walked they talked themselves around in ever-decreasing as to how best to help Mac out further.

“The only thing I do know for sure is the Judge will be as popular as toothache round here when this gets out.” Cassie sighed.

“You’ve got that right!” Ric snorted crossly. “The Judge’s problem is she’s too used to snapping her fingers and having people jumping to attention.”

“Well then, she’s in for a NASTY shock with Mac!” Cassie grinned.

Ric chuckled, causing the baby to laugh to. He reached down and mused her hair:

“Glad you agree!” he smiled.

A few minutes later they arrived and leaving Cassie and Pippa in the gym area, Ric went to see his grandfather.

“Hey granddad.” He said.

Alf looked up: “Hi Ric. Ok?”

“Fine; listen I can't stop, Cassie’s got Little Pippa outside, but these are the flyers and stuff for Mac.”

Alf took the bundle and glanced at them:

“These will do the job fine. Thanks.”

“Don’t thank us, thank Luc and Mattie, they designed it. Let us know the minute we can do anything else.”

“Be sure of it.” Alf agreed. “See you later.”

“Bye.”

If you walked into the Diner kitchen just then you’d have had serious trouble working out whether it was Irene or the kettle doing more steaming. She and Leah were chewing everything that Kim had told them as they worked:

“I mean, for God’s sake; just WHAT does Morag get out of this?!”

“Beats me. That reminds me, I’d better have Dan pick up some wine on the way home.” Leah sighed. “I just hope I can be some help.”

“I’m sure you can love. You just be sure and tell Mac all of us at Beach House will happily do our bit to.” Irene said.

“I will.” Leah assured her. “If there’s any of that peach flan left by the end of the day, I’ll take it for dessert ok?”

“No worries love. Take it anyway; I’ll make another if there’s time; call it my donation.”

“Thanks Irene.”

Mac cried herself out and then looked up:

“Jack, tell me we can do this; please?”

“Of course we can Martha. We will. But listen to me Mac, carefully.” He made her look him straight in the eye. “We HAVE to take any help that comes our way. It’s NOT charity, it’s favours; we’ll pay them back as and when we can, but for now we’ll just have to swallow our pride, ok?”

“But Jack…”

“What? Do you want to end up sleeping with a stranger; well, do you?!”

Mac blanched; she clearly hadn’t thought of THAT:

“NO WAY!”

“In that case Mac, dry your eyes; we have work to do!” Jack said offering his hand again & leading her back inside.

Archived