Angels Don't JUST Live in Heaven

Guest AngelRose

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Leah, I can't; I couldn’t!” Martha was horrified.

“Mac, think about it for a second. If your situation is anything like mine was. Morag will have the guy all lined up and my bet is the poor bloke won't know anything about it. Play this right and whoever he is, he could be a friend not an enemy.” Leah reasoned.

“Well, I suppose so…” Mac was uncertain. “What if he’s a nightmare? Jack will go BALLISTIC!”

“Maybe, but if I’m right it’ll make your life much easier. In the end though Mac, it’s your call; no-one else’s. After all, Jack’s not your boyfriend or anything,…is he?”

Martha took a drink of her wine to steady her nerves. Why had Leah’s question shaken her so badly? The answer she’d given of:

“Jack’s a mix of a best friend, cousin and brother” was the truth.

Even so, it took a second for her to realise Leah was speaking to her again:

“In that case, you might need to ‘play the game’ for a while; find out anything you can about the man. Get his name from Morag if you can. Failing that, you have to find a way to raise more money. Go see your bank manager as soon as you can, make sure you’ve got the most interest you can manage.”

“I’ll ring in the morning.” Mac sighed.

Leah could see that Martha was emotional wrung out and therefore changed the subject for the rest of the (fairly short) evening.

After an all but sleepless night, Tasha walked into the Diner stifling a huge yawn. Greeting her ‘foster-daughter’ Irene’s smile turned to a look of concern:

“Morning Darl, you ok?”

“I will be Renee; can I have a take-away coffee please?” Tasha sighed.

“Coming right up lovie; anything else?”

“Just this please.” She said putting a large chocolate-chip cookie on the counter. “Where’s the Simpson Place?”

“Off to see Mac, huh? The Simpson Place is half a kilometre outside the east of town line. $3:00 please love.”

“Thanks Irene.” Tasha said paying up.

“Can you remind Mac to send Tony in for the lunch run?” Irene asked.

“Course.” Tasha said distractedly, picking up her order and hurrying out; leaving Irene trying to work out what was going on there.

Archived