EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The episode we've all been waiting for for 3 and a half months, and it didn't disappoint. Jessie and Samantha are two of the finest actresses on British television, and the are nothing short of explosive opposite each other. I have to say my stomach was churning along with my heart racing as Ronnie left the hospital, I was totally drawn in. Good job Jean's around again, as Kat and Alfie are really going to need her. I wonder how Mo will react to all of this?

& Jessie Wallace blew me away in that final scene. I swear, the best bits were when she was reacting to Ronnie. All that shaking and glaring just made it so intense. All four actors in such a controversial storyline were great, Scott did well tonight, I'm really looking forward to his performance on Monday which I just know will be heartbreaking!

If that small trailer for Monday's ep is anything to go by I'll be welling up a lot next week.

I thought the storyline had hit it's peak on Friday. I was wrong.

Everything about the episode was flawless. I loved the stillness and numbness of it all. Right from the very start, I was welling up.

Jessie Wallace and Samantha Womack are in a another realm of acting. I think Sam gave her best ever performance actually. I was SO happy that they really explored Ronnie's mental state, and the way she kept turning into her father and she heard the tyres and got on the floor. It was just heart wrenching. I think it really explains why she did what she did, which is something that was lacking in the actual show, and I think now the casual viewer understands her actions. Beautiful. It couldn't have been better, actually.

Kat going mental in the car park was amazing! It was really good that they showed Kat's anger in a 'letting off steam' kind of way, rather than Kat pouncing on Ronnie. I let out a little giggle when she screamed "LOOKING LIKE SHE'D LOST A TENNER AND FOUND A POUND!". Amazing. And the reuniting scenes were breath taking, it was so touching & was pleased that they used Julia's theme at the end. :wub:

Scott possibly gave his best ever performance, as well (full of em tonight). It was just horrible when he broke down in the hospital. I feel SO sorry for him. And Shane provided the lighter moments which was lovely, but his reuniting scene was so lovely and so typically Alfie. "It's your Mum! Fat Bum!" provided me with another laugh :lol:

Ah, why can't Ronnie ever find happiness? The storywriters really have put her through the mill. Some soap characters are always remembered as tragic figures, and Sam Janus has done such a good job that I think Ronnie will always be remembered.

• 1 month later...

the writting of this show is realy realy bad. ou i have never seen such an crap show like this ( oh maybe shortland street in the 2006 season xD) but back to EE:

Roxy is the best thing that ever happened to this soap. i would wish she is coming to Home and Away ;) ^^ she is pretty and is talented. but her soap sister is ruined by an hollyoaks writter. shame on you ^^

can't believe that the baby switch story make EE to the BEST SOAP on the british soap awards

Hey I'm at AUS pace and I use to really love this show but since STacey left the show has been very BLAH and I hate to say it but I've lost interest in it completely, is there anything redeeming worthy at current UK pace or should I just give up? Last episode I watched Glenda revealed to Roxy that Phil and Shirley stole her money but I didn't care enough to watch the next episode and that was weeks ago.

• 2 weeks later...

I am officially disappointed. I just spent the last hour being hopeful of Ronnie getting off :( and she didn't. She doesn't deserve to go to prison. EE has thrown so much at her and it is amazing that she is at this point. Someone needs to tell the writers that after all the (insert a curse word here) she at least deserves a happy ending of some sort. Samantha and Jess were fantastic though. Such a shame about Ronnie though :(

Michael is one twisted man but a good baddie, and I hope he stays in the square for a while to come...

Was very disappointed about Ronnie not getting off too.

She's my favourite character so I was obviously dreading this week.

I sobbed & sobbed & when my best friend phoned me (she doesn't phone me now until EE goes off 'cause she knows I won't talk to her otherwise) I couldn't talk to her.

I had to get my mum to tell her to phone a bit later when I feel a bit better.

Even my mum felt terribly sorry for as to how upset I was about Ronnie's exit.

Archived