EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

I loved last nights episode where it was revealed about the affair and also tonight. I think theres been some great acting and its been really well thought. I am really happy its finally out though although I feel so sorry for Amira and also Christian. I suppose he could have been a bit nicer about it but hes been suffering for months I guess he just wanted to stop hiding it.

Am I the only one thinking this but I don't really think the actress who plays Amira is that great to be honest. I was watching last night and I couldnt help but laugh at some bits thinking it seems so fake. Still enjoyed the episode though.

I feel sorry for Chelsea aswell - deep down she really wanted this baby so when she found out she wasn't she was upset. I wonder if sometime in the future Amira comes back with Syed's baby.

Also I want it to come out that ( and it probably will with this being EastEnders) Zainab knew for months about the affair and to see how Masood reacts. I think Tamwar has been the best about it, not judging Syed at all, just caring about his older brother.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

although I feel so sorry for Amira and also Christian. I suppose he could have been a bit nicer about it but hes been suffering for months I guess he just wanted to stop hiding it.

To be honest I feel a lot more sorry for Syed than I do for Christian!

Christian just quite easily revealed everything to everyone not caring who he hurt along the way, its all about HIS feelings to him and nobody else matters. I felt sorry for him up until this point but now he has completely destroyed Syed,Amira and the entire Masood familys lives!! Selfish much ? Like Syed said to Christian "Better her suffer than either of us ehh ?"

It really is just a huge mess!

It's Christian i feel sorry for. He is guilty of no more than falling in love an out and out liar and cheat and he was the only one honest enough to eventually tell Amira what was going on behind her back. Which is more than can be said for her husband and mother in law who have been covering it up for months and her father in law was only too happy to keep quiet about it and let Syed keep on lying to her just to save face.

It's Christian i feel sorry for. He is guilty of no more than falling in love an out and out liar and cheat and he was the only one honest enough to eventually tell Amira what was going on behind her back. Which is more than can be said for her husband and mother in law who have been covering it up for months and her father in law was only too happy to keep quiet about it and let Syed keep on lying to her just to save face.

Totally agree.

I wouldn't say they were lying to her just to "save face"

There was so much at stake, Amira's marriage breakdown is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the fallout. There is everything else to consider which I have already listed.

Christian was being selfish, nothing more nothing less! When telling Amira everything it was as if he was trying to make her feel as worse as possible , when Amira says "we share a bed" Christian interrupts her with "so do we", thats just horrible. Isn't it enough you've stolen her husband now you want to stick her nose in it ?

All Syed is guilty of is trying to keep everyone happy, and even in the end he was prepared to put his feelins behind him and put everyone else first!

It is just unfortunate that the religion is how it is.

Stacey and Jean to leave 'EastEnders'

EastEnders stars Lacey Turner and Gillian Wright are to bow out of the soap later this year, Digital Spy can confirm.

The pair - who play bipolar-suffering mother-daughter duo Stacey Branning and Jean Slater - will step down from their roles after almost six years, with Turner in particular expressing her desire to pursue other acting opportunities.

The door for a potential return will be firmly left open for Stacey, while Jean's future has yet to be determined.

Storyliners are currently working on dramatic departures for the two characters.

Speaking of her decision to leave, Turner said: "I've had the most fantastic time at EastEnders. Stacey has been such a brilliant role for me to play, as has being part of the feisty Slater family.

"I'm so lucky to have had such challenging storylines, from the affair with Max and being diagnosed with bipolar to the complete shock of being revealed as Archie's killer during the live 25th Anniversary episode."

She added: "I'll miss Stacey and everyone in Albert Square very much but the time has come to try something different."

New executive producer Kirkwood commented: "We'll be very sad to see Lacey Turner leave the show. Lacey is one of the best young actresses on TV at the moment and the fact that she's won 28 awards in the last five years is testament to this.

"It's only right that someone as talented and versatile as Lacey should pursue new challenges and we wish her the very best of luck."

He continued: "In the meantime, viewers can look forward to a typically dramatic Slater family exit when she leaves and the door will be left open for Stacey Branning to return to Albert Square in the future."

Meanwhile, Wright (above left) said of her departure: "It's been an honour to play Jean especially as the public response to her has always been so supportive. It's been a real privilege to be able to heighten awareness of bipolar disorder.

"I've thoroughly enjoyed working with my onscreen Slater family, in particular working with Lacey and developing such a great rapport over the years."

Kirkwood added: "Gillian has brought real heart and pathos to the role of Jean Slater, a complex and fragile character who has really been taken into the public's affection."

Earlier this month, it was announced that head of the Slater clan, Charlie - Derek Martin - is to leave along with five others.

Turner first appeared in the Albert Square soap in November 2004 and has been a regular ever since, while her screen mother Wright made her brief debut the following month. She reappeared a year later for another short stint, before joining full-time from November 2006.

OH MY GOD!!!!! :o

I just read that on DS, and I am in shock! I really really do love Stacey and Jean :(

It is going to be the end of an era when Stacey leaves, shes been there for so long :( Wow I never expected her to leave I thought she would be there forever. Change really is afoot in Albert Square with Peggy,Stacey,Jean,Charlie,Minty and more leaving!!

OH MY GOD!!!!! :o

I just read that on DS, and I am in shock! I really really do love Stacey and Jean :(

It is going to be the end of an era when Stacey leaves, shes been there for so long :( Wow I never expected her to leave I thought she would be there forever. Change really is afoot in Albert Square with Peggy,Stacey,Jean,Charlie,Minty and more leaving!!

I know... thats what I thought when I read it aswell... I didnt expect to read that tonight, even though its been six years since she's been on Eastenders. I'm in shock too, I love Stacey & Jean together too, good on screen partnership as mother & daughter, & Lacey & Gillian are fantastic actors, it will be sad to see them go :(

^ Yep, I think Lacey in particular will be a huge loss to the show! But as well Stacey has had so many amazing storyline over the past couple of years and she is such a talented actress it was only a matter of time till she moved onto bigger and better things. Although I will miss her greatly I'm happy Lacey is moving onto something bigger :) I can't wait to see how they are both written out of the show, could it tie in with Charlie's exit ? I just hope to god that she doesn't get sent down for Archie's murder!!

I was really looking forward to some Stacey and Kat scenes but now it doesn't look like we will be getting any at all :( As soon as they leave the Slater name will be no more :( I hope they all just move or something like that, I don't want any of them to die.

I can't say how saddened I am right now by this news! :(

OH MY GOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

Stacey AND Jean!!!!! I cannot believe this, I'm so shocked and disappointed! Stacey has always been great, but in the past year since Dannielle's death, the bipolar, Archie's murder, the pregnancy and Bradley's death she has grown into one of the most epic and legendary characters in Eastenders' history. I will miss her so much, it's unreal. As for Jean, I LOVE LOVE LOVE her!!! The actress who plays her is incredible, one of the most convincing on the show by far. The character is such a wonderful little nutcase. I'll miss her "Sausage Surprise" so much!!!! I really hope Sean comes back for their exits.

Archived