EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

I wish Ricky and Bianca weren't coming back. They used to be brilliant, but their time has passed IMO. The worst thing they can do with classic characters is to bring them back and ruin everyone's good memories of them. Saying that, I may still eat my words if the writers do a good job...it has been known to happen, but until it does I'm sceptical to say the least. <_<

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me, or is Ian and everyone else's reaction extremely underwhelming, considering his 14 year old daughter is missing? I remember when Demi went missing a couple of years back, we had uncontrollable hysterics.....this time around half the square don't seem to care and Ian's only showed any strong emotion very briefly. All seems a bit odd if you ask me!

I agree. It doesn't seem very realistic to me. I think if shows like Eastenders are to do this storyline they need to think about the impact on the rest of residents of the Square in which they are not doing so. It's like the only time that it mentions that Lucy is missing is from Ian or Jane.

I am glad Ricky is coming back(Don't see what he's come back for though) atleast B has a large family in the square, and is down on her luck so she can stay with her family till she gets on her feet.

^^

Ricky comes back for his father's funeral/memorial service. That's where he sees Bianca, who also attends to pay her respects.

At least that's what I read in the newspaper a few weeks ago.

So far the only redeeming thing about Ricky and Bianca returning is Siobhan Hayes as Ricky's daft fiance. It's a bit of a shame for Siobhan to be playing another ditzy blonde as she's surely going to be typecast from now on, but I think Melinda is quite funny. As long as they don't make her too much like Abby in My Family I''ll be happy. So far she seems less hippy-ish and more footballer's wife.

I'm almost positive that I saw an interview with Patsy Palmer a few years back where she said that Bianca wouldn't ever return to the square because she was supposed to have killed herself. So much for that then!

I am glad Ricky is coming back(Don't see what he's come back for though) atleast B has a large family in the square, and is down on her luck so she can stay with her family till she gets on her feet.

^^

Ricky comes back for his father's funeral/memorial service. That's where he sees Bianca, who also attends to pay her respects.

At least that's what I read in the newspaper a few weeks ago.

Yeah I understand that bit, but he has no family to stay in the aquare for, except his son I suppose.

So far the only redeeming thing about Ricky and Bianca returning is Siobhan Hayes as Ricky's daft fiance. It's a bit of a shame for Siobhan to be playing another ditzy blonde as she's surely going to be typecast from now on, but I think Melinda is quite funny. As long as they don't make her too much like Abby in My Family I''ll be happy. So far she seems less hippy-ish and more footballer's wife.

I'm almost positive that I saw an interview with Patsy Palmer a few years back where she said that Bianca wouldn't ever return to the square because she was supposed to have killed herself. So much for that then!

I agree with you there, Siobhan was funny in my family, but to have her play a ditzy blond is daft. she could probably play e sensibel person very well.

I agree with you there, Siobhan was funny in my family, but to have her play a ditzy blond is daft. she could probably play e sensibel person very well.

Is she going to be around for long?! I think she might just be in it for a couple of weeks, then she leaves... not 100% on that though.

Agree about being typecast... not exactly the same character as My Family but very similar... blonde and dumb! :rolleyes:

Archived