EastEnders

Ashirr-Leigh

I wonder how many more fat jokes they are going to put in. Just tonight there was a Goonies one.

I dont know why the actress hasnt said anything about it. Heather is always getting scenes where her character is basically there for laughs because she is overweight.

I think she probably knew why they were hiring her when she took the job. I read an interview with her not long ago and she said that 'fat' roles basically pay her bills, and that she was nothing like Heather in real life, so she didn't mind! But I think it's insulting to overweight people to portray her as such a stereotype. Maybe people like that really do exist, but I certainly don't know any.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole wedding thing has been really, truly awful. Did the writers even know what storyline they were writing? It was like one minute Minty loved Hazel, then he loved Heather, then Hazel, then Heather. I still don't even know if he really wanted to marry Heather at all. :blink: Now they're actually married, are we in for a six month long version of today's ep? If so I don't think my brain can stand it!

Your not the only one confused! :blink:

Are they even legally married because when they finally spilled the truth at the registry office, Minty still got married to "Hazel Hobbs", but 2 minutes prior to that they established that she is infact Heather Trott. So why didn't he say Heather's name.

Sorry i'm ranting and i'm not sure even I understand what i mean! :unsure:

I've been screaming at the television, willing the scriptwriters to have Heather and Minty truly fall in love. They are fantastic together! Next on the list: Shirley and Phil. I think that they would be a really good couple.

Im glad i wasn't the only one confused by last nights episode :blink:

A few minutes before they got married, they told the registrar Heather wasn't really Hazel Hobbs, but she still went ahead and married her as Hazel Hobbs (i'm getting myself confused here :P ) so wasn't she knowingly breaking the law? :unsure:

IMO last night's episode could have been so good, but instead it turned in to a shambles :(

I don't mind Vinnie, but Phil and Shirley easily have the potential to be the best couple in Walford.

I was really getting bored of Phil and his hard man act of late, but since they started developing things with Shirley, I am loving him. They are just great together, I also don't mind Vinnie but him and shirley don't have the chemistry that Phil/Shirley have. Also I think the Vinnie/Shirley romance seemed a bit forced from the beginning.

I originally thought that the relationship between Vinnie and Shirley was sweet, because she found it difficult to believe that somebody actually wanted her (as did I, I must admit :P), but she then warmed to it and softened a little, without losing her edge.

However, Vinnie is no match for Phil in Shirley's affections. Plus, I think that she'd make a great step-mum for Ben.

Archived