"Dead" characters they could bring back?

8 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Have to have Steven around or nobody would care.

Actually, when you think about it, he's got a surprising number of connections to the show. He killed Irene's estranged husband and framed Roo's boyfriend for arson, neither of which were really addressed. Alf knows him of course, and probably Marilyn too, although I'm struggling to remember them ever sharing a scene.

7 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Actually, when you think about it, he's got a surprising number of connections to the show. He killed Irene's estranged husband and framed Roo's boyfriend for arson, neither of which were really addressed. Alf knows him of course, and probably Marilyn too, although I'm struggling to remember them ever sharing a scene.

While true, You yourself would have probably dismissed these as tenuous had someone else floated this.

Simon's name was eventually cleared once they had their man, despite not saying so and Mud was pretty much dead to Irene after Selinagate.  Roo got over the former right quick and took off with Frankie.

It's Steven's head on a Silver plate that'd he'd want.

"That doesn't sound very appetising!"😁

2 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

While true, You yourself would have probably dismissed these as tenuous had someone else floated this.

Simon's name was eventually cleared once they had their man, despite not saying so and Mud was pretty much dead to Irene after Selinagate.  Roo got over the former right quick and took off with Frankie.

It's Steven's head on a Silver plate that'd he'd want.

"That doesn't sound very appetising!"😁

Oh, I agree, if they were going to do the cliched "Dodge comes back for revenge because that worked out so well last time" storyline, the only person he'd really want revenge on is Steven, who's long gone. And there's not really anything else to bring him back either.

BUT, if some contrived coincidence did result in a not-dead-after-all Dodge ending up in Summer Bay, it's not as though the place is entirely populated with complete strangers who wouldn't care he was there either.

57 minutes ago, Dan F said:

If Stevo was still around, we'd probably end up having Dodge's psycho offspring turning up for revenge, it transpiring that Vicki Lisa had been pregnant when he disappeared.

Alf: Dodge? Hogan's Ghost! I thought he was *fish food*!

Irene: Turns out it's only his Flippin' son! 

Leah: I think I heard Sal talk about him but don't remember but she made out he was bad news.

Irene: That's puttin' it mildly. *resignedly* Pull up a chair, Girlie and I'll whack the Kettle on...

It's a pity there's anybody around in Summer Bay who might recognise him. It'd be a terrific in-joke if he returned and started making friends with all and sundry. He wouldn't show any outward signs of the terrible person he actually is, and his new friends would be oblivious to it all. Meanwhile viewers of a certain vintage would be going "Noooooo" or wondering is it actually Dodge?

29 minutes ago, Trudy Heine said:

Wouldn't Alf, Roo and Irene remember Dodge and recognize him or his son? 

Roo no because they had one scene together and she was gone by the time Dodge was exposed as being the one who killed Phillip 

12 hours ago, cymbaline said:

It's a pity there's anybody around in Summer Bay who might recognise him. It'd be a terrific in-joke if he returned and started making friends with all and sundry. He wouldn't show any outward signs of the terrible person he actually is, and his new friends would be oblivious to it all. Meanwhile viewers of a certain vintage would be going "Noooooo" or wondering is it actually Dodge?

Irene should be the one any Dodge return centres around because he killed Mud, not everything has to revolve around the younger cast