"Dead" characters they could bring back?

I didn't want them do double bluff with Vinnie death but what I thought would have been cool is if he had another child in his years after Summer bay and it rocked up when VJ was still around. Leah moved on many times after Vinnie but we assumed he just pined for her for rest of his life. VJ gets know his half sibling and resent the fact his dad started a new family 

On 01/03/2024 at 18:01, Trudy Heine said:

Wouldn't Alf, Roo and Irene remember Dodge and recognize him or his son? 

Marilyn was also around during both Dodge's stints too, but I can't recall if they had any scenes together. She certainly hasn't close enough to the story to make anything work though. 

On 01/03/2024 at 19:12, project90 said:

I didn't want them do double bluff with Vinnie death but what I thought would have been cool is if he had another child in his years after Summer bay and it rocked up when VJ was still around. Leah moved on many times after Vinnie but we assumed he just pined for her for rest of his life. VJ gets know his half sibling and resent the fact his dad started a new family 

The writers would probably make Vinnie's son a psycho and wants twisted revenge on Leah for moving on from Vinnie and not waiting for him, rather than creating a new relative for her. 

It's an interesting thought, but at the time VJ was around, any subsequent child of Vinnie's would realistically be 10-12 years at most. I wouldn't mind seeing such a character now if it were done with the purpose of creating a character that could a genuine connection with Leah over Vinnie, but I wouldn't want to see another twisted psycho relative story like we had with Heather, Kieran, Mick etc. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adam436 said:

The writers would probably make Vinnie's son a psycho and wants twisted revenge on Leah for moving on from Vinnie and not waiting for him, rather than creating a new relative for her. 

It's an interesting thought, but at the time VJ was around, any subsequent child of Vinnie's would realistically be 10-12 years at most. I wouldn't mind seeing such a character now if it were done with the purpose of creating a character that could a genuine connection with Leah over Vinnie, but I wouldn't want to see another twisted psycho relative story like we had with Heather, Kieran, Mick etc. 

Oh yes 100% wouldn't want it be a evil villain and they could have always of age them up alittle.

I actually was into the Heather storyline at first and I could have overlooked and forgiven them changing history (even tho they could pulled it off without doing it) if Heather became a legitimate character. I liked the actress and as far as rewrites go I liked the back story they could of still had same beginning with her being hostile towards Maz. It didn't annoy me anywhere near same level as Martha rewrite did and would given Marilyn fresh purpose 

Edited by project90

13 hours ago, adam436 said:

Marilyn was also around during both Dodge's stints too, but I can't recall if they had any scenes together. She certainly hasn't close enough to the story to make anything work though. 

And the writers get their jollies off that kind of story which has been done a wee bit too much.